my dastaar + my Guroo = My SAVIOUR

P_Singh

One thing just to ask : Was u wearing seat belt at the time of accident ?

WOW !! veerji i just read ur story and i am really glad u and ur bibi ji r aite !! ^_^

Dhan waheguroo ji !!

Just another question to add on .. just wondering if ur bibi ji also wears a keski ?? And would she want to know if not after this incident.. just curious .. :wub:

Hope everything else is fine.. also would want to know how the other car drivers r who ran into u, are they ok ??

Hanji, the other drivers were fine and there cars weren't damaged no where near as bad as ours, as you've read, it can't be fixed etc, its just scrap now...

Nah, my bibi ji doesnt wear a keski and I doubt she would wear one e

ither, its one of those things I guess...she wasnt instructed to wear one etc and is used to just covering her head with a chuni...

WJKKWJKP!

Dhan Dhan Sree Guroo Granth Saahib Jee Maahaaraaj!!!!!

Dhan Guroo Dhan Guroo Piaarae!!!

May we all be blessed with the same respect, sharda and bhaavnaa of Gursikhs like P_Singh Bhai Saahib!

Have Full Faith in the True Guroo and He will be Your Aide!

WJKKWJKP!

Dear Sangat Ji,

I just wanted to say thanks for all your well wishes, hopefully should be ok real soon.....pain in my neck is quite bad, and back has started to hurt too...

I just wanted to say, Taksali Singh Ji, Im really NOT much of a Gursikh at all, hopefully this incident WILL teach me a lesson or two... pray.gif

Reminds me of the saakhi...

A Sikh of Guru Nanak was going to travel from his village to see Guru Sahib.

The villagers said, "you always praise Guru Nanak and speak highly of him - let us find out who your Guru is also".

The Sikh accepted to allow someone to accompany him to see Guru Sahib. Some villagers came with the Sikh to see Guru Sahib.

On the journey to see Guru Ji. The Sikh stepped on a thorn and his foot started to bleed.

The Villagers accompanying the Sikh laughed. "This is how great your GUru is! You go and see him, and on the way you get pain and grief".

The Sikh felt embarrassed and when arriving he asked Guru Sahib, "Why did I have the accident Guru Ji! These villagers now mock and laugh at me."

Guru Nanak Maharaaj Ji, akaal roop, said: "O Sikh, It because you have done so much Sewa and Simran that you got the thorn in your foot. According to your Karam (actions) of your previous lives, you were to be hanged in this lifetime for a crime which was going to be an excuse. However your Sewa and Simran has reduced your Karam's punishment from the punishment of being hanged to a prick of a thorn."

The Villagers and the Sikh fell at the feet of GUru Nanak Sahib. ^_^

Veer Amanpreet Singh wrote:

You see, maybe, due to past karam, you were supposed to suffer more serious injuries or even worse... but because you have taken steps towards the Guru, you have scraped away with probably a few scratches.
and Sher_panjabi ji wrote:
Reminds me of the saakhi...

A Sikh of Guru Nanak was going to travel from his village to see Guru Sahib.

The villagers said, "you always praise Guru Nanak and speak highly of him - let us find out who your Guru is also".

The Sikh accepted to allow someone to accompany him to see Guru Sahib.  Some villagers came with the Sikh to see Guru Sahib.

On the journey to see Guru Ji. The Sikh stepped on a thorn and his foot started to bleed.

The Villagers accompanying the Sikh laughed. "This is how great your GUru is! You go and see him, and on the way you get pain and grief".

The Sikh felt embarrassed and when arriving he asked Guru Sahib, "Why did I have the accident Guru Ji! These villagers now mock and laugh at me."

Guru Nanak Maharaaj Ji, akaal roop, said: "O Sikh, It because you have done so much Sewa and Simran that you got the thorn in your foot.  According to your Karam (actions) of your previous lives, you were to be hanged

in this lifetime for a crime which was going to be an excuse. However your Sewa and Simran has reduced your Karam's punishment from the punishment of being hanged to a prick of a thorn."

The Villagers and the Sikh fell at the feet of GUru Nanak Sahib. ^_^

I agree with BOTH veers in their comments above, and found the following which is a similar version to that of 'sher_panjabi's'

************************************************************************************************

KARAM – Good and Bad Actions

Two shopkeepers had their shops next to one another. The Gurmukh (follower of the Guru's (Gur) words (mukh)) used to go to sadh sangat every day and have darshan of Guru Nanak Dev ji do seva and come home. The manmukh (follower of his mind's (man) mukh (words) ) used to go to meet a prostitute. One day the GurMukh said come with me to the sadh sangat, after some persuasion the manmukh agreed, on the way the manmukh remembered his prostitute and backed out of going to the sadh sangat. He said I'm going to go to my normal activities but I'll meet you at the tree across the road tonight. The manmukh went to see the prostitute but she wasn't there so he arrived at the tree much earlier than expected. While waiting for the Gurmukh he started poking a twig into the ground. He found a gold coin, he quickly dug more and more but he only found a pile of ashes. When the Gurmukh returned he was limping along he'd stepped on a thorn. The manmukh said I do my dirty deeds and get good luck you do good deeds but get bad luck. The Gurmukh said lets ask Guru jee to explain. Guru ji told the manmukh, in your previous life you donated one gold piece to a Sant, for doing such a virtuous deed you were to recieve

the rewards in this life of many gold coins. But because of your sinful deeds you burned your reward away and were left with your original gold coin. The Gurmukh was told, in your previous life you killed someone with a wooden spear, in this life you were to be killed in the same way, but because of your seva to the Guru you bad deed has been reduced to being pricked with a thorn.

MORAL: The Pains and pleasures one gets in this life are heavily influenced by past actions, not just in this life but in countless previous lives. When people suffer at the hands of others its because they made that person suffer in a previous life. Most people will take revenge and so the cycle of making each other suffer continues life after life. A mythical story to explain this is of a goat and a butcher. The butcher would kill the goat in one life ,the goat' soul would be reborn as a butcher and the butcher's soul would be reborn as a goat. In the next life the butcher would kill the goat and so the cycle continued. Then in one life the butcher received a customer who only wanted a goat's leg. The butcher thought if I kill the goat and sell the leg the rest of the goat will rot away. So what he thought was I'll just chop the goat' leg off and bandage the wound, that way the goat will stay alive until the next customer. Just as he was about to cut the leg, the goat spoke 'O Butcher, what's this new bad action you're starting? Life after life we keep swapping roles to cancel our actions, but if you chop my leg now and make me suffer in the next life I'll do the same to you and you'll suffer too!'