my dastaar + my Guroo = My SAVIOUR

P_Singh

Dear Sangat, I haven’t been on the internet for the past few days due to a horrific incident which took place, I would like to share this with you, and hope it provides inspiration…I won’t go into great details as it would take too long, but I will provide a kind of in-depth overview…

This is a recent incident which took place on Sunday 16th January 2005…

The day

It was the usual Sunday morning and I was just leaving the house with my bibi/grandmother to go to the gurdwara at 9am, and we left as usual, the day was as any other. The route to the gurdwara involves going along a dual carriageway…as I got on to the dual carriageway, there are three lanes and I got into the one on the far right… I realised that the traffic lights were out, I am a cautious driver and noticed this from afar, thus I looked carefully at the first junction which appeared to my right hand side, I was travelling between 35 and 40mph as it was a 40mph road. As I approached the second junction to my right hand side, I noticed a car was there, BUT I assumed that he would stop his car as I was coming (and it was also MY right of way, as I was travelling on the MAIN road, he was coming from a side road…)…BUT he didn’t stop…he kept going…

The Horrific accident

The other guys car came straight into my side (i.e. the driver’s side) and I was pushed with the force across to the left, and at the same time, another car hit me from behind…I lost control of the car and the car went straight into the barriers on the left side (i.e. I had been thrown/pushed across three lanes into the railings/barriers on the left side)…I jerked from side to side, and back to front as you could imagine, b

y bibi whos in her 70’s also received severe jerking to her head…I was really worried about my bibi and continually asked her if she was OK, and she was worrying about me…

I was soo lucky and THANK Waheguroo Ji sooooo MUCH because with ALL the knocking and jerking to my head, my dastaar completely came off and fel behind where my bibi was sitting (i.e. the passengers seat) and my kangha went flying to the other side, my hair opened up everywhere…the point is this…IF I was a mona (i.e. someone with haircut etc) I would have been seriously injured as my head would have smashed into the window…BUT because I had my dastaar (a blessing along with Gursikh life/receiving amrit) on, I was saved! Although obviously I was upset that my dastaar completely came off and my kangha fell out, I could accept that…

Some road workers who were present at the time of the incident quickly ran to our car to see if we were ok…they must have called the police etc

I went to grab my keski and quickly wrapped it around my kesh and put my kangha into my kurta pajama pocket…by this time the fire brigade, 8 or more police officers and the ambulance had arrived…we were taken to hospital…

Afterwards

My bibi has high blood pressure and the shock of the accident raised her blood pressure as you could imagine, a neck brace was put around my bibi’s neck and she was put onto a flat board and carried to the ambulance…as we thought she might have fractured her neck/upper back…as she had pain in these regions along with her head…

The car

I was told immediately by the police that the car was a rite-off (i.e. incapable of being fixed etc) and the damage to the car was pretty horrific…my seat (drivers seat) hd come off the railings and I was kind of hanging backwards, the two doors opened and wouldn’t close, the boot was jammed and wouldn’t open…the front tyre on the left side had gotten severly bent, and there was immense damage to the front of the car…I wasn’t aware of much of this du

e to the shock of what had just happened…but I was later told by my brother and dad who got to the scene and were really shocked to see the car…

The doctor at the hospital said I was very lucky that I didn’t receive any sever injuries based upon the account of what had happened…my dad even commented that we (me and my bibi) must have really good karam that we were saved…

This made me think about things, I’m still in shock about what happened and have some injuries, nothing serious though…I will be going to the doctors today as I have pains which seem to have just arose some time after the accident…in my neck and back etc…

This made me ponder over the following Gurbani tuks:

so siqguru ipAwrw myrY nwil hY ijQY ikQY mYno ley CfweI ]

so sathigur piaaraa maerai naal hai jithhai kithhai maino leae shhaddaaee ||

That Beloved True Guru is always with me; wherever I may be, He will save me.

siqguru myrw sdw dieAwlw moih dIn kau rwiK lIAw ]

sathigur maeraa sadhaa dhaeiaalaa mohi dheen ko raakh leeaa ||

My True Guru is always merciful; He has saved me, the meek one

I am forever thankful to Waheguroo for saving us, as through my dastaar I was saved from severe head injuries, this was because my dastaar took the force/impact of being thrown from side to side, forwards and backwards etc…

I guess this is one of those incidents which will change my life FOREVER…the way I will view things AND the way I live…

Thank you for reading this…I hope it inspires you and makes you think about the ‘dastaar’ in a new light, apart from the usual arguments as to WHY is it important for Gursikhs…this shows how it played a role in saving someone from severe and serious injuries…

P_Singh

VJKK VJKF

Yeh paaji, i heard wot happened man. Glad to hear you are ok and live n kicking back on the forum.

You see, maybe, due to past karam, you were supposed to suffer more serious injuries or even worse... but because you have taken steps towards the Guru, you have scraped away with probably a few scratches.

The thing is, i reckon a lotof people, in the same circumstances, would cry "damn, ive done my paath every morning and keep my rehat and live a good life... Why did this have to happen to me?!" - They dont realise that it could have been a lot worse. Maharaj protects His Gursikhs...

Once again, im glad to hear you are ok :-)

You see, maybe, due to past karam, you were supposed to suffer more serious injuries or even worse... but because you have taken steps towards the Guru, you have scraped away with probably a few scratches.

^_^ Totally agree Aman Ji.

Thanks for sharing what happened with us veer ji.....im still in shock...but so glad you and bibi ji are ok!!! ^_^

One thing just to ask : Was u wearing seat belt at the time of accident ?

WOW !! veerji i just read ur story and i am really glad u and ur bibi ji r aite !! ^_^

Dhan waheguroo ji !!

Just another question to add on .. just wondering if ur bibi ji also wears a keski ?? And would she want to know if not after this incident.. just curious .. :wub:

Hope everything else is fine.. also would want to know how the other car drivers r who ran into u, are they ok ??

I just read your email p_singh and then I saw this posted on sikhsangat. I am glad that you and your bibi were not badly hurt.

I am still shocked to learn about this since I saw you last weekend and then to hear you were in this unfortunate accident.

At the same time guru sahib has demonstrated how our kakkaar's and those that follow guru sahib's path are protected...dhan waheguroo jeo!

vwihgurU jI kw Kwlsw!

vwihgurU jI kI &iqh!!

Waheguru jee da kotaan kotaan shukhar hai jee.

Veera pls take care of urself and daddi jee.

One thing just to ask : Was u wearing seat belt at the time of accident ?

vwihgurU jI kw Kwlsw!

vwihgurU jI kI &iqh!!

Hanji jio,

I was wearing a seatbelt at the time of the incident, had I not been wearing it, the outcome would have been trully tradgic... no.gif