amrit vela

naam_jap

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

This is a small exercise which will prolly help you a lot to get up at amrit vela everyday., it will take about 5 minutes .

Lie in your bed, or sit in a chair., relax by breathing deeply.. then close your eyes and try to fall asleep, go as deep as you can into unconsiousness for the next two - three minutes. Then after you have realized that your body is fully calm, relaxed; Get up from the chair/bed with a <admin-profanity filter activated> and waking yourself. Do the waking part as rapidly as possible.

This exercise will give you control over the waking / sleeping states.. hope that helps.

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

Gurfateh!!

I'v kind of approached waking up at amritvela slightly different. I stay awake all night go for an hour run at bout 2am (wakes me up if i feel sleepy). Come back have a cold shower then start nitnem at bout 5am, finish bout 7.30 after Sukhmani Sahib eat and watch tv then go uni bout 8am When i finished uni i come back to my flat and sleep til about 7pm, have a shower, do Rehraas Sahib Ji then the rest of the nite is free to do work, go gym, eat lots of food etc.(only thing i get stuck on when to fit in is Kirtan Sohilla Ji, because it doesnt feel right doing it in the afternoon when i sleep so i do it after Rehraas Sahib Ji, which is still wrong because i do things after), I don't recommend it this approach though tongue.gif try going to sleep normal time and waking up at amritvela just that manmukhs like me can't do that no.gif

Anyway im getting late now its 5.04am and havnt even started nitnem, i think im addicted to this site :umm:

Well last post for the night.

Bhul Chuk Maaf

Gurfateh!!

Gurfateh!!

Well im in halls so unfortunatly i don't have the luxury of a garage its just me in my bedroom and a kitchen i share with 4 others, don't really have the space for a gym blush.gif

Where my halls are is absolutly quiet at 2am the only people out are police, at first they were slowing down and giving me the "look" but now i think they've realised i'm just a crazy Singh who means no harm :TH: so don't be afraid !!

Bhul Chuk Maaf

Gurfateh!!