A Guy Came N Aksd Me A Question...

jas_kaur

If people are asking for ulterior motive --- go through the following exercise and at the end give them some really good website source (must be something) to satisfy that you do have a reason and to educate

PUT THE BALL IN THEIR COURT --ASK

You obviously ask the question because you don’t blindly follow your own practice.AND/OR So tell me why do you cut your hair and I will gladly tell you why I keep mine normal.

THEIR RESPONSES-

-silence

-(pause and smile) i thought so, (give them the website)

-It’s easier to manage

- but you don’t keep a beard which is far easier to manage than shaving, you have to go to a shop regularly sit down and have your hair cut, you don’t go naked on hot days cause it’s easier to manage, you don’t wear shorts to a formal occasion cause it’s easier to manage, you concern yourself in the mirror with it several times a day, so why not neatly keep it in a dastar so you look good all day, you must have given it more thought than that so tell me why do you cut your hair?

-i like the way it looks

-if it’s YOU who is really dictating what you like, then is it a mere coincidence that you’re hair always seems to match the style of the latest haircuts, are you sure that it is YOU who likes the way it looks, rather than you being one of the many end followers of some Hollywood celebrity. OR, your answer clearly means that you prefer the way it looks over a the way a turban looks. So you prefer the way you look over the way Mohammed/Christ looked?

-I do blindly follow my own practice OR never given it thought

-great, that means your quite open minded, in that case give it some thought and tell me why you might think I should wear a dastar,

-I don’t think you should

-how could you have an opinion if you haven’t given it thought, if you have give it thought then tell me why you cut your hair.

-girls like it (my guess is that it’s mostly guys who ask)

-you seem like a decent person, surely they’re not put off by everything else you have to offer that much?

-------if someone has an ulterior motive, you have to justify nothing, they have to justify their position ---at the end you can give an answer or refer to a website not to justify but to educate and to offer that you in fact have a reason. If anyone has any other reasons that one could offer i think people here might be happy to take a stab at answering them.

REMEMBER YOU ARE NATURALLY BEAUTIFUL and THOSE WHO CUT THEIR HAIR HAVE A CURIOUS & INTERESTING CULTURAL PRACTICE

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

gurfateh

thanx everyone for letting me know. ill b prepared next time if anyone aks any questions to me. u guys were GREAT help thumbs_up.gif THANX again

i am also confused about the 5 ks.... you know how theres 5 ks n they r

kara

kanga

kirpan

kachehra

kesh

... den how come everyone says kesi is another five ov da ks????? if u include keski in the 5 ks...isnt it gona make 6 ks den????plz explain.... tongue.gif :

n i know im a very confused person. :umm::

gurfateh

bhul chuk maaf

jas

Discussion on Keskhi as Kakaar, meat, Raag-mala, and Dasam Granth are not encouraged on the forum

According to "Sikh Rehat Maryada" which is accepted and approved by Sri Akaal Takhat Sahib, the Sikh's Supreme Authority - the 5 Ks are:

1) Kesh ("unshorn hair", which is kept covered with turban), 2) Kanga, (wooden "comb") 3) Kara (sarbloh loh (iron) "bangle"), 4) Kachhera ("undergarment" which should not exceed the length of your knees), 5) Kirpaan (a strapped (iron/steel plated) "sword").

Keshki = Small turban is part of Sikh Rehat but according to Sikh Rehat Marayada/Sri Akaal Takhat Sahib it is not considered as part of 5 Ks.

However if you have Kesh - then for a Kesh, Keshki is part and parcel of covering your head, respecting Kesh and keeping Sikh identity.

Hope that helps.

note: the Akhand Kirtani Jatha believe that Keshki is the Kakkaar instead of Kesh, because you are born with hair. If you cut your hair then you have to recieve a tankhaah (punishment) and recieve Amrit again from the Panj Pyaare (i.e. cutting Kesh is one of the 4 Kurehats (prohibitions), however, if any of the other K's are removed for any reason from your body then put back on then you don't have to take Amrit (i.e. removing the other kakkaars is not a kurehat).

Therefore, the Jatha believes Keskhi is a Kakaar not Kesh.

Whether you wish to follow/believe Sikh Rehat Maryada & Sri Akaal Takhat Sahib or Akhand Kirtani Jatha - it doesn't negate that you have to have Kesh and to look after Kesh you have to wear a Keskhi (a turban) whether you think it is kakkaar or not.

I am not that knowledgable - so if i have made any mistakes please forgive me

the views i shared at the bottom of my reply were from a response which i got from a person who is affiliated with the Akhand Kirtani Jatha.

i personally don't think (will i hope not) - no one knowingly takes off any of their kakkaar.

If their kakkaar by accident, mistake or situation comes off the body (e.g. kangha falls on the floor while your combing your hair, or, your kirpan is removed by security guards (by mistake) and then returned back to you an hour later)... then I am sure that if you do Ardaas or if not Ardaas alone then you may decide to go to Guru Maharaaj De Charnaa de vich and do Ardaas then I am sure the All-knowing Guru will be happy.

Yes, if our mind continues to be not at peace after this type of event, then if you feel you need Panj Pyaare to help you - then that is no problem and sounds good as well.

I don't Sikhi is that shallow that if we unknowingly, innocently or forcibily our kakkaars taken from us that we have to think that we have lost our Sikhi. Yes, for peace and mind, guidance from guru and to show respect to Guru's Rehat from our heart, we do Ardaas.

My humble thoughts (according to my little knowledge).

bhul chuk maaf.

veer je, u dont LOSE ure sikhi

but u cant just do wat u feel is right

guru je left a reight for us

its not like, oo this is ok big deal

oo i ate eggs big deal, who cares, ill just do ardaas

eating eggs is not a bujjar kureight btw

halal is as says dasam granth, bhai dya singh jes reigthnama, and many other soruces, including sant kartaar singh jes katha, listen to it

it might not be bujjar kureight, but doesnt mean u can do wat u want

there a maryada there

if kacherra comes off, u must have 5 singhs do ardaas for u

if kakar comes of, like kangha, kara, kirpan, u must do ardaas ureself

if kesh comes off u must do peshie as even dasamgranth states this is the most powerful kakaar, without this, all the others are usless

bhula chuka maf

Vaheguru je ka khalsa, vaheguru je ke fateh