Good Time To Be Living In Sikhi?

Bijla Singh

As I read some history of last 300 years I learned that there have been many ups and downs in Sikhi. many times came when every single child was willing to sacrifice his life for Sikhi. these movements are so inspiring. So I just thought if I had the choice to live my life as a Sikh within last 300 years which would it be? which movement? right now, Sikhi is being attacked from all directions and our "halat" is not good at all. so which time or year would you pick? would it be 18th century, during khalsa raj, singh sabha, Gurdwara Lehar (jaito morcha etc), gadree Babas, Punjabi sooba, 1978-84 or 2005? please please pick something but after 1708. please post your response. Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

Waheguru Ji ka Khalsa

Waheguru Ji ki Fateh!

I would pick being a Sikh now, in 2005. Yeah I know we're in kaljug, and ppl are drifting away from Sikhi..but thats all the more reason for me personally to wanna be a Sikh. Its a challenge to be different, to excel in your spirituality, but i think it makes you a stronger person and all around better GurSikh in the end. We can really test ourselves during this era, or time, and ask ourselves..are we truely happy?..are we the model Sikhs that Guru ji wanted us to be...we're faced with so many obstacles, and so many hurdles within our community and ourselves, and ya our halat is bad..but i think that allows us to really do some soul searching, look deep into ourselves, and be the person we wanna be...I pik being a Sikh in 2005 cuz it really tests our love for Guru Ji, and helps us become better and prominent GurSikhs. :TH:

Waheguru Ji ka Khalsa

Waheguru Ji ki Fateh

Mere tan man di gall keetee singh nay. I would pick Baba Banda Singh's time. 18th century is my all time fav. I believe all the movements afterwards esp 1984 was a repitition of 18th century. lot of sakhis prove it. jagkaur's response was great. never thought of it that way but makes total sense. sangto pick your time. Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh