Coversation Between Sikh And Dehdhari

Bijla Singh

I agree, using that argument that the "guru" eats or drinks is not a wise one. we are not defending the "gurus" its just that the argument we should use is that our tenth guru ji said that this is it, our true guru is shabad from now on and thats it. if you use those arguments with someone they can come back and argue the point.

in the end guru ji said, shabad guru and thats what we believe. simple...

Waheguru ji ka Khalsa

Waheguru ji ki Fateh

Reading these various arguments, the mind is filled with philsophical mumbo-jumbo.

Interesting, none-the-less...

Warning: I am not taking sides, I am exploring possibilities in the intellectual realm.

In the Gurbani it says Guru is everything. Guru speaks through all. Guru is All, and Guru is One.

The implications of this... is that there are aspects (various aspects of the Guru... ie: people, etc etc) that realize they are one with God, and there are who who Dont realize they are one with God. Those who dont realize and remember, suffer in pain.

BUT - this does not change the (dare i say) Maxim, that Guru is everything.

Therefore... everything is Good, what pleases his will comes to pass. If people suffer, it is his will, if people are in bliss it is his will. If there are Guru's it is his will, if there are fake Guru's it is his will. He himself does all. Nothing comes to pass that is not his will.

And his will is sweet.

~~~

puttaa sawaal - puttaa jawaab...

if you get a follower of pakandi dehdhari guroo who is arguing against Guroo Granth Sahib being a Legitimate Guroo then perhaps this argument would be good

For low thinking people it will make them think.

However for people who are bit more clever they will rip this argument apart as the veers and penjis have suggested in the various replies.

bhul chuk maaf.

• 15 years later...
On 2/17/2005 at 2:56 PM, Guest Sony said:

I agree, using that argument that the "guru" eats or drinks is not a wise one. we are not defending the "gurus" its just that the argument we should use is that our tenth guru ji said that this is it, our true guru is shabad from now on and thats it. if you use those arguments with someone they can come back and argue the point.

in the end guru ji said, shabad guru and thats what we believe. simple...

Brother if you see banis of gurus before tenth guru, they also mentioned that true guru is shabad guru. Its not like that tenth guru thought at end that now i make Shabad as guru. It was always like that. Please Start reading gurbani now then u will not have any doubt. Physical form of guru is to guide us to lead us to the inner shabad guru.