Coversation Between Sikh And Dehdhari

Bijla Singh

The following is a true conversation that took place between a Sikh and the follower of a dehdharee guru. It was between a Sikh and Narakdhari person (nirankari) but the points discussed are applicable to all types of dehdharee types.

Sikh: Tell me; is your human guru a true Guru?

Dehdhari: Yes.

Sikh: okay, tell me; what does your guru do at night?

Dehdhari: He eats dinner.

Sikh: Why?

Dehdhari: Because he gets hungry. Everyone does. So that’s why he eats.

Sikh: Oh, so your Guru gets hungry. My Guru says:

If the mind becomes balanced and detached, and comes to dwell in its own true home, imbued with the Fear of God, then it enjoys the essence of supreme spiritual wisdom; it shall never feel hunger again. (pg. 21)

Chant the Name of the Lord, Har, Har, O my mind; through it, all poverty, pain and hunger shall be removed. (pg. 88)

Chant that Name of the Lord, O my mind, which shall drive out all hunger and desire from your mind. (pg. 89)

O Nanak, the Ambrosial Naam is forever the Giver of peace; drinking in this Amrit, all hunger is satisfied. (pg. 119)

The fire of desire is deep within; unsatisfied, people remain hungry and thirsty. (pg. 138)

To me it seems like your Guru’s mind is not full with lord’s Naam. He suffers from hunger. Real saints of God never get hungry. They are always satisfied with His Name because:

Your Name is the food to satisfy the hunger of your humble servants. (pg. 743)

Servant Nanak gazes upon the Lord and is at peace; the hunger of his body is totally satisfied. (pg. 1263)

So you see the real hunger should be the one that suffer from by not seeing God. How would your Guru fill your mind with God’s love and Naam if his mind still gets hungry?

So now, tell me what does he do after he finishes eating?

Dehdhari: He drinks water.

Dehdhari: Because he gets thirsty.

Sikh: Your Guru is nothing but a mere human being. My Guru says:

Nanak thirsts for the Blessed Vision of the Lord's Darshan; he has met God, the Inner-knower, the Searcher of hearts. (pg. 613)

The real thirst should be about having vision of God. One who gets that, never gets thirsty again. So tell me, what does your Guru do after that?

Dehdhari: He goes to sleep because he gets tired by guiding people and preaching during the day.

Sikh: Oh, so your Guru sleeps. My Guru never sleeps because my Guru says:

Only the Guru is awake; the rest of the world is asleep in emotional attachment and desire. (pg. 592)

Furthermore, not only the true Guru is always awake but also his real followers are always awake. Gurbani says:

The God-conscious being is awake and aware, forever and ever. (pg. 273)

The devotees remain awake, imbued with the Lord's meditation. (pg. 388)

He enjoys the taste of the honey of God's lotus; he remains awake, and does not fall asleep. (pg. 503)

If your Guru sleeps then he is not a Guru. He is trapped in emotional attachments. Only the true ones are always awake.

Tell me, what happens after your Guru goes to sleep?

Dehdhari: He wakes up in the morning and brushes his teeth.

Dehdhari: Because, if he doesn’t bad smell will come from his mouth.

Sikh: Oh, so your Guru’s mouth stinks too. My Guru says:

Useless is the body of the spiritually blind, without the Name of the Lord. From his mouth, a foul smell issues forth. (pg. 269)

Now you see, a person without the true name of God always has a mouth of foul smell. Tell me, what does he do next?

Dehdhari: He takes shower.

Dehdhari: Because otherwise his body will get dirty. People should look clean.

Sikh: Now, I see why your Guru is not a true Guru because he gets dirty too. Gurbani says:

The filth of egotism from countless incarnations sticks to me; joining the Sangat, the Holy Congregation, this filth is washed away. (pg. 1309)

The ones full of ego are always filthy. Those people get dirt on them. Only true ones never get dirty. How would your Guru get your mind clean if he himself gets dirty?

I am 100% sure your Guru is not a Guru. He is just a simple human being in control of five thieves Lust, Anger, Greed, Emotional Attachment and Pride.

Those who do not overcome these five thieves get hungry, thirsty, filth in their mouth, filth in their mind and burn in hell by turning their back on God. These people are not attached to the feet of true lord. You, a fake guru, are one of them. After this conversation, about 250 people took Amrit of Guru Gobind Singh Ji and became true Sikhs.

One thing you all should know. The Indian government is sending all these fake Gurus to Punjab to destroy Sikhi and break Sikhs away from Gurbani. One after another is attacking Sikhi. The Indian government supports one human, gives him money to shut his mouth and then supports another one. It is the plan made by the government. There has literally been a flood of these fake Gurus after all freedom movements were destroyed. At the time of Sant Jarnail Singh Ji, there were a few and those came close to leaving the Punjab forever. Now that the freedom fighters became martyrs or left the Punjab, the Indian Government has opened bars, encouraged drug traffic and sent hundreds of fake Gurus to undermine, erode and destroy the principles of Sikhi,

Do not believe in these and stay away from these agents. They are false. They can give you no knowledge and will destroy you.

You all should learn this lesson. Only Guru Granth Sahib Ji is the true Guru and nobody else. Only true word can give you the true knowledge. Man-made words can give you nothing. Gurbani is not man-made but is the revelation of God. Guru Ji says:

The Bani of His Word emanated from the Primal Lord. It eradicates all anxiety. (pg. 628)

O GurSikhs, know that the Bani, the Word of the True Guru, is true, absolutely true. The Creator Lord Himself causes the Guru to chant it. (pg. 308)

Believe in Gurbani. It is the only true word. It guides everyone on the right path. It is inherently alive, eternal and transcendent as The Source. One who is born is destined to die which would not make that person a source of eternal knowledge on his or her own merits. He or she is bound by the limits of body, tiny mind and intellect. Only Gurbani is the true source of knowledge. Only Gurbani is the True Guru. If you follow it with all your heart, you shall be one with Waheguru.

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

WGJKK

WGJKF!!

Lack of faith, dedication, trust, sincerity to SGGS is the root cause of the misery of Sikh people or people in panjab. They want miracle to get rid of their wordly troubles and this force 'em to go to these Dehdhari gurus. Who have never appettite of lust and maya.

If we want to cross this bhave sagar then we have to ride the Jhaz of Waheguru and have to put our doubts and fears of not being able to get the otherside of this world, away and submitt ourselve to GURU and abide by his will.

All these people are shortsigthed, they no see the light at the end of the tunnel. May waheguru do his kirpa and forgive ignorants and place these poor souls in his charan kamal.

WaheGuru Bakhshan har hun he'll do his kirpa and pardon our Kalyuggi atmass.

Guru Fateh jio,

Satnam Waheguru, Satnam Waheguru..............

oh boy....i don't even want to get into this discussion, but i'll just say its really a weak arguement because you are comparing the necessities of the Body to the realm of Spiritual Awakening. All 10 Guru + all the bhagats Ate Food, They Slept, They brushed their teeth because all those things are necessary for the body to function.

but i'll just say its really a weak arguement because you are comparing the necessities of the Body to the realm of Spiritual Awakening. All 10 Guru + all the bhagats Ate Food, They Slept, They brushed their teeth because all those things are necessary for the body to function.

I agree...the lives of our gurus were very practical....the post is very inspiring with the gurbani quotes it has but that wouldn't be something for them...remember these people are brainwashed and its only guru kirpa that can bring them to the right path...forgive my mistakes

waheguroo ji ka khalsa waheguroo ji ki fateh!!

why are u defending a narakdhari nakli guroo

85923[/snapback]

Veer ji, I am NOT Defending ANYONE

The Arguement is Weak, the Quotes posted are interpeted towards teh outerworld when they point towards the inner Spiritual Realm.

Let me given an Example:

So now, tell me what does he do after he finishes eating?

Dehdhari: He drinks water.

Dehdhari: Because he gets thirsty.

Sikh: Your Guru is nothing but a mere human being. My Guru says:

Nanak thirsts for the Blessed Vision of the Lord's Darshan; he has met God, the Inner-knower, the Searcher of hearts. (pg. 613)

The real thirst should be about having vision of God. One who gets that, never gets thirsty again. So tell me, what does your Guru do after that?

Water is necessary for the body to Function. The quote posted to aruge against this is talking about the having Darshan, being in Vairaag of the Beloved, being Thristy of the Beloved Darshan not being thirsty of Water.. it has nothing to do with being thrirsty because you just ate some pakorays.

By the Stands of that who gets thirsty after eating food is not a True Guru. Did Guru Nanak not get Thristy after Eating which are nothing more than physical requirements of the body.

Did Guru Nanak not get Thristy after Eating which are nothing more than physical requirements of the body.

Forget about Guru Nanak Dev Ji. Even His gursikhs like Bhai Randhir SIngh Ji and Baba Harnaam SIngh Ji did not need to have food or water for weeks. Bhai Randhir Singh Ji stayed in chardee kala even when he did not get food for months. he only ate fruits once a day. Sikhi must be experienced. the conversation presented is very brief. it compares Gurus not humans. True Guru never sleeps, never gets hungry or thirsty. A Sikh in the middle of crowded narakdhari diwan brings 250 people into Sikhi is not something I call "weak" arguments. you think you can do better? then please enlighten us. Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

I agree with all the quotes the sikh said, but they are not to be used in this context.

The gurus ofcourse didnt need food, water, or to sleep at night. But did they go about parading this ? The Gurus acted as normal human beings. They were steep in humility and didnt feel the need to show off their powers.

So, If you see a person who sleeps, eats, drinks, brushes his/her teeth.. then he/she is not a true Guru? Look at the lives of various Saints and you will see that they all acted as normal human beings.

I know that the nirankaris, namdharis, dehdharis etc dont even have any right to be called sikhs... but the context of those quotes is not really appropriate *I think*

gur fateh