!urgent! French Turban Ban!urgent!

All-Info

Gurfateh Sadh Sangat

This is basically a note to let all of you know, who may not be aware, a year ago the French Government put in place a law that stopped all Religious Items being worn in schools. At first they allowed Sikhs to wear Turbans, but over time even took away that right.

The Sikh Federation have being helping the 3 young boys who have been taken to court for this matter.

Sikh Way Forward are now trying to help as much as they can. Below is an email sent to myself and other organisations in the UK outlining what we can do.

We have VERY LITTLE TIME TO ACT! We have at max 4weeks left, but if we say 3weeks you can see the deadline is close.

=====================================================

Vaaheguroo Ji Ka Khalsa, VaaheGuroo Ji Ke Fateh

The French Law that Bans on the Sikh Turban in schools is up for review in March. There is an opportunity to get the law repealed. Serious URGENT ACTION needs to be taken asap. We must all do so for the sake of the Sikh students who have been forced to be expelled or cut their kesh.

We humbly ask whether you can support the French School Children. Please try and make the points below happen. Co-ordinate with www.unitedsikhs.org who are taking the French government to court.

Letters Should go to (a) French ambassdor in the UK (b) French education minister in France © Local MEP in UK (slightly modified letter). Letters should go from all Sikh Organsiations and Gurdwaras in the World.

Gurdwaras should put adverts in national and local papers.

Sikhs need to make the following happen after the broken promises of the French!

-----------------------------------------------------------

Large Scale Demonstrations outside French Embassy in the UK.

Large adverts in National Newspapers explaining the Ban on the Sikh Turban and hence the Sikh religion and the broken promises from the French authorities. Part of a national and local publicity campaigns.

Large Scale Continuous demonstration outside French Companies in the UK.

Request the British Public to Ban French Products and holidays to France through the publicity campaigns.

Co-ordinate with Sikh Communities in over 52 countries worldwide

WJKK WJKF

=====================================================

Please assist as much as you can by contacting your local mps, organisations, Gurdwaras and airing comments on this forum!! Make as many people as you can aware of the Situation!

Updates will be placed, as normal, on my website, http://www.all-info.us

Please visit and help the Sikhs in France realise that Sikhs accross the world are still willing to help and we will do all we can!

There are many of us who feel we are helpless. We are not. We can all do something whether it is just to stand at the demonstration or just pass on the website url and make others aware.

Please Do Your Bit, Sikhi Depends On It!

Please forgive me for my many mistakes and offences caused. NONE are intended.

WJKK WJKF

All-Info

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

waheguru ji kekhalsa, waheguru ji ke fateh

Pyare jio, I thought United Sikhs were co-ordinating the sikh response. When AKJ UK did the big youth rally outside the French Embassy in London, we worked with Bibi Mejinderpal kaur.

Rather than numerous parties getting involved as with Sikhs always do, which crates confusion, and ultimatley shows the French you are divided and confused. It is far better to do seva via one organisation, and support them in their negotiations.

I think the best way to proceed is to ask Bibi Mejinderpal kaur for some feedback on what the current sitaution is. From what I can see it is very confusing, some people talking about building Sikh schools, which is not solving the issue. The education of the youth will always be affected. We need to tackle the legislation they have put in place and reverse it.

waheguru ji kekhalsa, waheguru ji ke fateh

Gurfateh

I agree with you paji, United Sikhs are still heading the campaign and are still continuing to do seva. I am waiting for feedback from my contact who is working closely with her and will put up on the site when have it.

It is pointless each orgainisation doing there own thing hence we need to come together to work on the issue but utilising the specialities each organisation have skills in.

WJKK WJKF

All-Info

http://www.all-info.us

I've heard that they are building a school in France now. How is this effecting the fight against the ban, cus some say its not helping but hindering it. can u tell me what some of the views are of the people in charge of organizing these event?

pul chuk maaf

Fateh