Sikh Missionary College

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa, Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

Sangat Ji

I'm sure many of you have heard about Sikh Missionary College based in Ludhiana and that they are running a two year course in gurmat for anyone wishing to learn about gursikhi.

Its an eight part course (not available in english at present) - each set comes with a series of booklets, question & answer booklet plus your very own diary. Anybody wishing to enrol on the course can register with SMC by downloading the application form on their website. The entire course can be ordered for 400 rupees (for less than a fiver in GBP) and get it delievered to your door. :lol:

Please follow the link below where you will find all the information.

http://www.sikhmissionarycollege.org/enrolfrm.pdf

Forr those of you living in the UK there is actually a class that takes place every Saturday from 8am to 10am at a gursikh family's house (Hadley Gardens, Norwood Green, Southall) - forgot to note door no! blush.gif (will post that separately) where every week a chapter is studied. Its also a chance to meet other gursikhs, take part in discussions, ask any questions - and in essence to learn, which is one aspect of what it means to be a sikh.

There's also a katha vaachak that comes almost every week too. I myself have only just started and am finding it very useful. Even if you can't come to the class every week you can take away the course booklets and you can do it at your own pace. rolleyes.gif Once completed successfully return the answer booklets to SMC who will award you with certificate. :a+

If anybody would like to know any further information about the class/course you can PM me. :TH:

Bhul chuk maaf

waheguru ji ka khalsa, waheguru ji ke fateh

Pyare jio, I did this course when I first came into sikhi. I highly recommend it. The Punjabi is very simple and good for practice. The booklets are very straightforward, but informative. Doing this course gives a new Sikh very good foundations on Sikh history, Gurbani veechar, and knowledge of Panth and Panthik Rehit maryada. This is essential to understand what is happening in the Panth, plus it will remove many superstitions and false beliefs that so-called sikhs have.

Like I said, the course is basic but very informative. A very good investment of your time.

waheguru ji ka khalsa, waheguru ji ke fateh