Parallels And Macs

smartsingh24

Parallels is a program that virtualizes Windows. By that, I mean that Windows is made to run in a window like any other application that runs on a Mac, so you're basically running Windows in a Window tongue.gif . The website for Parallels is here- http://www.parallels.com/ , and you can download a copy, but it is shareware. Any questions should be put here, and I'll answer them to the best of my knowledge. The basic thing is, that you can run Windows on a Mac, without having to restart, and without it affecting or infecting your system. Fairly simple, and it'll let you run almost anything a windows machine can run.

i run parallels in conjunction with leopard in my scientific life....MACS are wonderful....you can get the benefits of running leoprard...and i MEAN benefits...and also have windwos running at NATIVE FAST speed within leopard...who needs bootcamp....it rocks...

Sorry...just having a MAC moment here...bonding with my baby....

MAC MAC MAC

FORGET THE PC

MAC MAC MAC

I LOVE MAC

MAC MAC MAC

MAC MAC MAC

But honeslty, for those worried about those pesky windwos os software, a MAC CAN run windows os and run windows software VERY WELL and Leopard and Windows can mix and be coherent without any issues!!!!

wjkkwjkf

macs r the best :) specially now when u can put windows on them aswell... just makes them the ultimate machines.

thr were a few softwares which i couldnt use before on mac but now i got bootcamp and they work gr8 ;)

parallels is a great softwatre ... i personally like bootcamp more(duno y .lol) just like keeping them separate... it does the job though .

and i dont think its free i think Parallels cost about £30-40 in uk. not too sure tho.

wjkkwjkf

Have you guys tried using Crossover, it models windows in bottles so it runs windows programs faster then having to emulate a whole windows system, and runs programs on the mac desktop.

I've tried it, and I'm actually involved in the Crossover Games Beta, and I have to say that while it's fun, nothing beats the Parallels+Bootcamp combo.