Gursikhs Marrying Non Gursikhs

tarisingh

Sat Sri Akal Saareyan veeran bhenan nun.

As we all know that it is forbidden/not desired to marry a Gursikh with non Gursikh inside the gurghars and an hukamnana from Akal Takth Sahib has also been issued in this regard.

Our Singhs have also taken action at many places where some organizations were trying to marry off Gursikhs with non Gursikhs or were not sikhs altogether or both boy and girl belonged to different religions.

I have heard that some Ravidass organizations do allow marriaes between sikhs and non sikhs or even if one is Gursikh and other is of different religion, if such people can't get married in our Sikh Gurughars, they go to these Ravidass Bhawans etc. and get married there because they also do parkash of Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji, I have heard some stories, not sure if it is true in UK. Singhs should check out if it is allowed. Because I personally feel it should not be allowed. if we make efforts day and night as parents to guide our children and give them values of Sikhi and youth come back and say, well Dad, Mom, it is allowed there, why not here? There thay have Sri Guru Granth Sahib too. What is the difference?

If I hurt someone then Guru Bakshan yog han. My intention is not to disturb anybody and I believe in free will regarding choosing life's partner. My observation is from religious front and future of our panth.

Bhul chuk muaf.

WGKK, WJKF

Sat Sri Akal Saareyan veeran bhenan nun.

As we all know that it is forbidden/not desired to marry a Gursikh with non Gursikh inside the gurghars and an hukamnana from Akal Takth Sahib has also been issued in this regard.

Our Singhs have also taken action at many places where some organizations were trying to marry off Gursikhs with non Gursikhs or were not sikhs altogether or both boy and girl belonged to different religions.

I have heard that some Ravidass organizations do allow marriaes between sikhs and non sikhs or even if one is Gursikh and other is of different religion, if such people can't get married in our Sikh Gurughars, they go to these Ravidass Bhawans etc. and get married there because they also do parkash of Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji, I have heard some stories, not sure if it is true in UK. Singhs should check out if it is allowed. Because I personally feel it should not be allowed. if we make efforts day and night as parents to guide our children and give them values of Sikhi and youth come back and say, well Dad, Mom, it is allowed there, why not here? There thay have Sri Guru Granth Sahib too. What is the difference?

If I hurt someone then Guru Bakshan yog han. My intention is not to disturb anybody and I believe in free will regarding choosing life's partner. My observation is from religious front and future of our panth.

Bhul chuk muaf.

WGKK, WJKF

hmmm...

as i think i'm not sure but ravidasses do the parkash of bhagat ravidass ji 's bani only .....

No, in UK they have parkash of Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji. It is a serious matter that is about our future.

They follow Bhagat Ravidass but they keep Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji's bani for all sorts of reasons and I am afraid this eventually harms the interests and aims of our community and future. They have own slogans, own symbol, own rituals or doing some arti with lamps, own jaikaras.

They should strictly follow the hukamnamas from Akal Takth. On one hand, we are so fussy about maintaining our traditions intact, bring our kids into Sikhi fold then on the other hand, it is al being diluted just like that.

No, in UK they have parkash of Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji. It is a serious matter that is about our future.

They follow Bhagat Ravidass but they keep Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji's bani for all sorts of reasons and I am afraid this eventually harms the interests and aims of our community and future. They have own slogans, own symbol, own rituals or doing some arti with lamps, own jaikaras.

They should strictly follow the hukamnamas from Akal Takth. On one hand, we are so fussy about maintaining our traditions intact, bring our kids into Sikhi fold then on the other hand, it is al being diluted just like that.

ok.

now do this ---

1. jutiya mar mar ke soot karo je SGGS da parkash kita hai te..te fir vi SGGS JI nu guru nhi mande....

2. call nihang jathebandis....& tell sri akaal takht sahib ji...

3. what about maryada of SGGS? What they do?

4. be patient aswell ...also dont make haste first try to resolve matter peacefully... & r u sure they do parkash of SGGS ( doubtful)?

5. as i remember they had seperated bhagat ji's bani & then made a granth of it....

6. be patient ... do ardas aswell

7. new generation & dilution..... ? tell people to watch BASICSOFSIKHS..

BHUL CHUK MUAF JI ... THERE CAN BE MISTAKES OMITTED BY ME HERE ..CORRECT ME PLZ..

sri akaal sahai!

The title is misleading as a 'Gur' Sikh would never marry outside the faith as per Maryada. What you are referring to are people who are from the wider Sikh diaspora. One can argue the incorrect use of the Sikh label. You will find numerous money hungry committees allowing interfaith marriages, this issue is not limited to the Ravidas community by any means.

The title is misleading as a 'Gur' Sikh would never marry outside the faith as per Maryada. What you are referring to are people who are from the wider Sikh diaspora. One can argue the incorrect use of the Sikh label. You will find numerous money hungry committees allowing interfaith marriages, this issue is not limited to the Ravidas community by any means.

Yes you re right. What I meant by Gursikh is one who follows Rehit even though he/she is not fully Amritdhari or may be.

You are right it happens in some other places also but it hurts us and should not be acceptable.