Badal Blocked Release Of Sikhs

kurtas

Badal betrayed Sikh Panth: Khalsa Panchayat

Our Correspondent

Ludhiana, March 14

The Khalsa Panchayat today maintained that the document released by the RSS, charging former Punjab Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal with opposing Sikh detainees under TADA, had confirmed the belief of the body that Mr Badal had betrayed the Sikh panth on several issues.

Addressing a meeting of the panchayat here, its member, Mr Charanjit Singh Khalsa, claimed that the panchayat had released a similar document in 2000, maintaining that during his tenure as Chief Minister, Mr Badal had not only ignored but opposed several crucial issues. The issues included the release of Sikhs from jails, return of invaluable treasure pillaged during attack on Sri Akal Takht, scrapping the black list of Sikhs in foreign countries and rehabilitation of dharmi faujis.

The RSS document had unveiled the real truth. He said even though the Sikh panchayat still considered the RSS as its arch enemy, which had always stood in the way of acceptance of most of the major demands of the Sikh community, but after it had clearly indicted the former Chief Minister with being anti-Sikh, Mr Badal should lose no time in quitting the post of SAD president.

The meeting noted with concern that both Mr Badal and his close family members had sought to make a political issue of the case of amassing disproportionate wealth against them and had openly approached senior functionaries of the ruling party and the courts. The Khalsa Panchayat lambasted blind followers of Mr Badal and gave a call to them to come out openly against the Badal clan and remove him from the party post.

I think TADA is the terrorist and Disruptive Activities (Prevention) Act of India under which Sikh freedom fighters were detained. SAD reffers to the Shiromani Akali Dal Party (Badal), of which Badal is president.

I doubt Badal will lose his post over this- he is already one of the most corrupt politicians ever, and is likely to use his 'abilities' of lying and deception to retain his post.

Sat Sri Akal:

Hmmm...I wonder what will go through his mind on his deathbed...cause that time will come sooner or later.

89116[/snapback]

Knowing old Badloo it'll probably be something about money or power. I think he'll ionly realise the error of his ways after the deathbed stage

I hope badal never gets mukti. Biggest backstabber in the universe. We need to appoint our own Jathedar Sri Akal Takht Sahib ji. We don't need badal selected ones who can't even take action against him. Badal's Guru is brahman.

89210[/snapback]

Waheguru. As Gursikhs we believe, "SARBAT DA BHALA"

Rather than wishing no-one gets "Mukti"

we should pray that Justice is served and Badal is brought to justice AND PUNISHED (in this life!) and made an example of. (and i don't mean "washing dishes" when i mean punishment)

May the Akaal Takhat Sahib be freed from Gulaami of influence and interference from the Government and non-Sikhs.

May the Akaal Takhat Sahib issue Hukamnamas on Panthic levels with consultation with Panj Pyaare, and also Sarbat Khalsa, rather than issuing personal Hukamnamas to individuals.

May the Akaal Takhat Jathedaar be knowledgable enough on Gurbaani and Rehat (and ALSO LIVE IT) so that anyone challenging Sikhi in books or verbally can be crushed with the sweet words of Gurbaani rather than remain silent and instead ban books/excommunicate people with "no grounds" given.

These are my hopes and prayer.