Khalistan Issue

S1ngh

I would like to open a thread only for mature, informative and *Fact* based replies. One liners, haters please stay away and open some new thread.

Khalistan?

It's not Sikhs who started it. Majority of Sikhs are very simple and naive and they do respond to any threat in clear way just like a lion protect its personal boundaries. Till this date all fights, all cases, all morchays, all rallies... everything is justified in any democratic country law. Majority (couple of millions) of Sikhs believes that we were never wrong in any historical event took place till this date. If you don't agree then you are one of few minority figures (couple of thousands). There were many weak points in us that I would like to discuss:

* We, Sikhs do not bother to explain and defend our action to others (public). We keep everything buried. I think that’s how the khalistan got the bad name both state, national and international.

*During 80's, our balance of sword and pen was much disfigured. We had way too many with swords (Guns) but very very very few with pens. Huge Media propaganda was launched against singhs and our singhs were naive and wasn't well equipped to counter-attack on the media propaganda. From the speeches I heard, Sant Jarnail Singh bhinderanwalay pleads/request to all citizens of Punjab "Do not believe in papers !" He literally begged not to take any word of what press were saying on Khalistan movement. From my view point, this shows that we lost the universal support to our enemies.

Emotion/Gussa(anger) ?

Supporters of Khalistan are very emotional and they say it direct the way they are inside (not double face). We know that our Lehar (fight) was justified. Defending the lehar of 80's in this age is hard as most of the world believes that guns and war do not bring peace, unless you are Bush supporter (jk). So, yeah I think supporters of khalistan needs to make their mind solid and should not take anything personal from the person who is staunch supporter of Indian govt. In my personal views, these anti-khalistan peoples are here only for the reason to make you angry and then later have a laugh. My advice: If you are in forum, Public speaking area, political podium or anywhere talking about khalistan "Just stay calm and let it go or have a calm debate." Being calm is the only way to make other person <Edited> off ! But when we are <Edited> off then we get negative comments from universal sangat. So Stay Calm as much as you can. All these infamous "Khalistan Narray" will not lead us to any positive long term goal. They are good BUT for only short term purpose. So stay calm and act legalized/civilized in society!

ok, well u guys already no i am extremely pro khalistan. My view is that to get khalistan we dont need any weapons or fighting, we need UNITY and we need to get up for amritvela and do nitnem, we need to become true khalsas to get khalistan. This all might make it look like im contradicting my self seeing as i support all of the,well, slightly more active groups. Yes i do support them but i do not believe they will get us khalistan, however i do beleive they will take revenge on those who need their just deserts and elimiate panthic dushsts, which is wat theyre there for.

KHALISTAN ZINDABAD

UNITY is definitely the way forward but it's so hard. You would think that all of us believing in one cause could work together but it doesn't seem to happen like that.

I accept your opinion that we should all become GurSikhs but I don't think that is the key, I believe education and knowledge are the key! People need to understand the need for Khalistan but not just the political side ie '84, Indian gvt, etc.

If you have time read my posting on the other Khalistan thread on page 8 and you will see some of the reasons I believe in Khalistan.

I am part of a Sikh Society, I know people in BOSS and talk to a lot of these people when organising events etc however I feel that the knowledgeable people, the AmritDharis who should be helping to unite us all have their own 'circles' and they stick to those, they haven't tried to integrate properly with us non-AD's and when we try 'getting in with them' there is always a distance. I don't know how to explain it but these are the future leaders of Sikhi they should be a lot more open to others.

So people how do we get unity??? I don't have the answers and I don't think that Khalistan can be achieved tomorrow either, it's going to be a long process.

In the UK, we need to start educating the youth properly, they (we) are the ones who will succeed in reaching the goal. We need to organise the Gurdwaray properly and make them youth friendly with translations of the baani being recited up on projectors in every darbaar. The youth need to understand to believe and gain passion.

We need youth clubs at all gurdwaray/sport centers and khalsa classes integrated with Gurmukhi classes, we need to get organised so that kids learn bout Sikhi from day 1. When we ave started doing this, these kids can then be taught and feel the importance of Khalistaan, It is this youth that will unite to get Khalistaan. That is my personal belief.

It will not be easy, and too many people have their own agendas or too much pride, ego to unite with another pro-khalistan party because they want their party to be the one to succeed in getting it but it would be great if all those wanting it would join together and actually get it!!

I hope I have not written anything wrong, or offended anyone, if I have please forgive as if I was your younger sister, I'm anjaan in comparison to you all, I am still learning.

Guru Fateh Ji

I am a sikh . living in vancouver canada./..born and raised in canada...im just sixteen years old ..not amritdari but have studied and watched aboiut sikhi ALOT....i like focusing on khalistan and 84' and uther sikh tragedies..ive been to india a few times 2 and have stayed there 2 years in a row and have seen the conditions of there also...well since the past for years i have been busy in lookin at the air india trial that was just stuck on my mind now that its over and wat i wanted has happened im wanting to participate in this conversation...i think that a khalistan is needed..yes it is true it will be and is gonna be hard to get together and make it and run the khalistan but i believe that there has 2 be a khalistan no matter wat it takes...now the way some people are saying they live in india and they think there is no need of a khalistan the reason behind that is becuz in india people are not even allowd 2 say the word "KHALISTAN" in public..i just went there last year and i started a conversation about khalistan at a freinds house and there liek 2 me "Chupp karja police farke le jaugi" MEANING --shutup or the cops will come and take you away' and i was like whoooaaa ..dunt wrry no1 can say anything like that in punjab if someone puts up a picture of Sant Jairnail Singh Ji Bhindrawale Khalsa Ji in your house or shop the cops come and take you away...now wat kind of free land is that for a sikh to live in?? if we cannot even have our saint soldiers pictures up wat else can we do?? if we cannot have such great peoples pictures up who fought 2 protect our holly shrine wat else can we do?? first of all i wanna ask that the person who started the talk about Khalsitan was Sant Ji and why was he called a terrorist?? just becuz he was trying to stop indira gandi from ruining our holly shrine?? ive never been avble 2 understand the indian govt. nor the sikhs who think we should not have khalistan khalistan is our need its our home and no1 can live without a home......now as weve seen these two gursikhs were put on trial for blowing a plane becuz they blew 2 planes (which is as teh govt. believes) to take revenge frum the indian govt.. but i dunt get it WHEN WAS THE INDIAN GOVT. PUT ON TRIAL FOR ATTACKING THE GOLDEN TEMPLE!?!?! ----NEVER!!!......thats just been our sikhs weaknes that the people who have tried reconing our religion was the govt.. something that we cannot stand against....all i gotta saayyy now is that if we want our religion to exist WE NEED A KHALISTAN..but one thing we have to do is keep govt. and religion seperatly such as if [people in the govt. of khalistan will be amritdari does not mean only baptist'z can live in khalistan..it will be a loving place open for all sikhs and a fullfillling of Sant Jairnail Singh Ji Bhindrawale Khalsa'z words ..becuz the damdami taksal and akali dal should have alreday made khalistan and done wat they sai dthey would but as we all know poltics is full of crap so nobody does wat they say...i will discuss about that later on in this topic becuz i am running outta time sady.gif

if i am rong frgive me plz for i am very stupid....GURFATEH!!

KHALISTAN ZINDABAAD!!!!

I strongly agree with MKaur Paenjee on this.. THIS IS MUST for everyone to read :

I am part of a Sikh Society, I know people in BOSS and talk to a lot of these people when organising events etc however I feel that the knowledgeable people, the AmritDharis who should be helping to unite us all have their own 'circles' and they stick to those, they haven't tried to integrate properly with us non-AD's and when we try 'getting in with them' there is always a distance. I don't know how to explain it but these are the future leaders of Sikhi they should be a lot more open to others.

Paul_84, I spent many years in punjab before I moved to US and I lived in every type of society in India. From madras to Gujrat to Amritsar, I actually know the whole cultural mindset of Indian People. Khalistan is the word created by Sikh political parties. If Sikhs wanted a different country, our guru sahib jee could have given it to us easily hundreds of years ago, but they didn't. In spiritual way, country with boundaries is just a Manmukh need. Actually I don't agree with that statement as I am not spiritual person, but I do know it's somehow true. Humans are fragile, their mind can be molded into any way the big politicians wants to. Very easy in case of bhaiyas who never went to school. Is it their faults? No. Hating every citizen of india country is not the way and that shouldn't be our agenda as majority of indians of cities region are unaware of Sikhism and what happened to us.

Khalistan?

I do favor of having a different country, it can be SherePunjab or Just Punjab or Khalistan, but I don't want to have a country without trying fulfill other important priorities. Mark my word, if we have khalistan right now there will be civil war between Namdharis/Taksal/SGPC/AKJ and so on. Saying "We need khalistan" without trying anything is very immature step and shows how short sighted we are. If we want country, we need to raise the education level at HIGHEST rate and so on. I strongly agree with phaenjee "...education and knowledge are the key..." The reason why we wants khalistan or punjab separated are valid and very important but we need a different approach. Don't make it as ONLY religious struggle; make it as struggle to keep punjab citizens safe. Regarding Air India case, i personally don't thing it was those two singhs who did it. To plan and to do such things requires mastermind and a HUGE Financial and thinktank support from behind and sikhs in canada and in other countries during 80's were not capable of doing such things at this large scale. Whoever did this cold murder blowup will get punished by waheguru because waheguru will never ever justify the killings of innocent people just to get public support for particular goverment or to take revenge. Whether it's sikhs/hindu/muslim/chritian or whether it's Agents of RAW, waheguru jee will get them and dharam raj sure will get them saja.

Religions divide people! Belief in something Unites peoples.

FATEH!!

akj,taksal,nihang,nanaksar etc wont exist in Khalistan, there will just be the khalsa panth with the best of each rehat so there wont be a problem of fightring between them

90159[/snapback]

hmm grin.gif

u sure abt that??

Personally I think Khalsitan will be given 2 us When Waheguru Ji wants. Afta all, everything happens according to His Will... WE first have to make ourselves worthy of Khalistan. IF we not khalsa den wot right do we haf 2 fight 4 khalistan? I mean its lyk a hindu fighting 4 pakistan in 1947 wacko.gif just dusnt work out...

if u get wot i min. since im a moorakh, i mnustv made many mistakes so plz correct me if im rong rolleyes.gif

Bhul CHuk Maaf

FATEH!

First of all, Stop HOPING for a better future, when we are neglecting the present state of our Religion. The Future is a culmination of our present State of Affairs. I Don't see this Khalistan happening until and unless the Present state of Sikhi become synoymous to the Khalis(tan) of our Gurus.

Wake up and Live to better the Present, the Future will be ours to do what we wish with it.