value of hair

naam_jap

I believe that female is Sonia Deol of BBC Asian Network radio fame.

90208[/snapback]

yep & we all know she was also famous for letting a so called half Sikh & muslim girl call Sri Guru Nanak Dev ji "Guru Nanak Singh" on air

90243[/snapback]

That was in fact the fame I was making a reference to! - I can't see how else someone as untalented could be considered as possessing 'fame'!!

If all else fails, court controversy- it's the easiest way to progess in some 'careers'.

About Hair -

I have a few points of observation, so expect contradictions as i reason this out.

I can understand those who say there are more important things than keeping hair - the inside is most important. Example: If someone has cancer and needs chemotherapy and their hair falls out, is it better that they decline the treatement...? no! Also keep in mind; when we die our hair will no longer be with us.

Keeping hair also does not automatically constitute that someone is a good sikh. Many sikhs can keep their outer appearances to be "sikh" (the 5 k's) for as long as they like... but if their actions and conduct is not sikhi then, they are not real sikhs no matter how much they may pretend.

So - that is just to say, that inner (faith, devotion, humility, sharing) is more important than outer.

However, I do agree that keeping hair is important, when you have the choice to keep it, then do so. There are many reasons for this.

1- Guru Ji said so. If He said so, there must be good reasons to this. Some reasons may be beyond our comprehension, but if He said so - we, as respectful, humble, servants and believers; should listen and follow his command. Walk in the way of His will. Even if we dont understand why, have faith that there are good reasons.

2- It is a daily reminder of our faith, path, devotion and ultimate goal. It is a daily reminder of who we represent and how our conduct should be to reflect what we represent.

3- It is a way to be humble: accept what Guru Ji asks of you, accept it with love and humility. No matter the gendre, or culture you are living in. If you live in an area where no one else keeps their hair, accept that they may ridicule you, accept that you look different, accept that you may not fit in as easily. Stay humble, know that you are walking in the way of His will.

4- If you cut your hair for fashion reasons, for attraction, for outer perception, or to fit in... you are playing with the game of Maya. (At your own risk!)

Hmm, i could probably think of other reasons, but i'm good for now. <_<

~Ambrosia~

*Welcome to the forums*

Great post, I agree with your points; well said.

If the inside is not good then there is no point in keeping hair as well. Something to think about ... how many ppl are there who are good within and keep hair compared to the number of people who are just good outside by keeping hair.

Even though we should strive for the best and shouldnt make excuse since we arent good inside then we shouldnt even keep hair. As you said most people these days cut hair for fashion purposes.