Nihangs

Ek Kaur

Can someone please explain to me what the deal with Nihangs and nangs are or are they they same thing <_<: Why are they hated so much??

Also do they follow different teachings in terms of sikhi

Any help will be appreciated, i'm trying to read the Hola Mahala thread but I have no idea what everyones talking about.

Nihangs and nangs are not the same thing. Nang is a derogratory term, not only for nihangs but fort all peoples. Nihangs are traditionally warriors, the main issue with most current Nihangs is their belief in Chatka and shaheedi degh which many 'mainstream Sikhs' find unacceptable, and also the sukha part does not fit in with the sgpc rehat maryada.

the issue with UK Nihangs is rather different, and centres upon their notions of sanatan Sikhi, which is a very different belief system to the mainstream,a nd thus they are termed nangs by many 'mainstream' Sikhs

I have tried to say this all as impartial as possible, hence why it is so short. Surely such ambigious drivel could not have offended anyone?

chatka is the method by which Nihangs kill animals for meat- they slice the head of in one go. Shaheedi degh is a drink made with almonds and cannabis leaves. Sukha is another name for shaheedi degh.

Niddar Singh is the head of the Uk-type Sanatan Sikhi Nihangs

they also say some real weird things

amrit sanchar should be done in castes system - i.e. one caste at a time

nangs are allowed to sleep around as they are warriors and free spirited and can do what they like as they are exempt from rehat as they are employed as warriors of the panth

they dress as warriors yet live in their comfortable homes and dont really do anything physical for sikhi, from my experience if they does be any violence it is only the abhyiasies and pyare gursikh who step forward

they related sikh to hinduism and prasie devta like chandi

they call 1984 shaheeds 'vegetarian fanatics'

once quoted on web site sant jarnail singh jee as a 'monkey'

so many more things to list .... they are all show, no jeevan