Security Guard Stopped me Today...

I went out to do some food shopping at Iceland (near Waterloo Station, London).

I was wearing a white Kurta Pyjama and Black Dastaaar.

When I got in Iceland I sensed the security guard was staring at me. He looked like he was Albanian or something (very fair skin).

As I was walking down the shopping isle, the security guard walked passed still looking and it looked as if he wanted to say something to me, but he didn't :mconfu:

When I got to the other side of the shop, the security guard came up and said (in a East European accent), "You Mr. Singh? Harbhajan Singh Crickter dress like you... He Mr. Singh and you Mr. Singh... you look nice in your dress... Harbhajan Singh wears those clothes... very nice... I like it... i felt happy seeing you in your dress when you came in shop." :T:

I thought he was gonna stop me coz he saw my Kirpaan (coz my jacket was happen), but he stopped to say how he like my dastaar and Kurta. <_< The bloke was really happy and very polite. Nice to know the Sikhs in the media like Harbhajan Singh are giving a positive impression to people who watch cricket etc. :wub:

I thought I would share this small nice incident with the Sangat.

Vahegurooo Ji Ka Khalsaaah, Vaheguroooo Ji Ka Fateeeeh!

:TH:

Your fortunate, I regrettable didnt have a postive experience(just over an hour ago) as you have had.

I finished work at 5.55 and as I was walking down to my bus-stop, about approximately eight men were walking up (aged betweenlate 30's early 40s), I gave a glance at one as I persumed I knew him as I was crossing the round to get to the other-side.

One of em started to mock my bana (form) particularly my dastar and then my kesh (saying "Thats a big hat", then "Thats a big beard"). :wub: @ As, I looked at him he shouted "<something>..... Sadam!" <_<

I wasn't gonna take that insult, firstly about my bana then linking me to something that is completely out of pretence.

I called him over, he cam edown with one of his pals, I asked him "So, you think I am a muslim", he said "Yea!". I corrected him by sayin "I am sorry to burst your bubble but your wrong", he response was "Well, what are you then?". I responded back " A Sikh, a completely different religion, Pal!"

He asked whats the difference? I told him that my faith originated in India 500 years ago, we dont believe in a prophet but pay reverence to the guidence of Gurus. We dont get circumcised as it is regarded as mutilation, we dont eat meat nor indulge in intoxicants and we dont bow to mecca!.

He was like OK your a Sikh and walked off.

Ignorant uneducated baffoon! :wub:

Remember a Khalsa (even though I am not a Khalsa yet blush.gif ) is always Thiar pur Thiar!

Baldeep Singh Paaji - respect to u for what you did today... very admirable!

A lot of people would have just sworn or summit - but you played smart and made the people laughin look like fools.

blush.gif As I was walking to Iceland I walked past 3 Kaale munde.... they were about 8, 9 and 11 years old or so.... as I walked pass, I heard one of the boys say to the other, "Bin Laden".

But I thought, chalo teek hai, the kid is a kid and he didn't say it with hatred, rather he was bit thick. <_<

Funniest is when I once walked past a group of drunk tramps. One said, "look, look there's Bin Laden pointing at me. "

The other tramp then started to focus and attentively looked at me as I walked pass and said to other tramp:

"Nah, nah, thats not Bin Laden. Leave him alone."

blush.gif

:wub: I was like "Bechaare" - i don't think they were being racist, rather i think they were soo drunk they didn't know what they were seeing or saying.

Rab Raake. Maharaaj Ohne te Mehar Hath Rake. :doh:

:wub:

FATEH!

some guys just start singing "bulla kee jana mai kaun" when they see me...

LLOOOOLLL LOL.gifLOL.gif dat just made me smile

well this muslim stranger in college came up 2 me n goes SAT SRI AKAAL SARDAR JI! i was lyk fanx :wub: so i replyed "malek um salaam" <_<

Yeh we, as SIkhs, usually get racist remarks wherever we go, but we get respect as well. THe racist remarks are usually signs of ignorance n not knowing.bechare they dont no huna?

HOpe Guru Ji blesses them wid budhi (not elderly hood LOL i min knowledge)

FATEH!

the other week this kala started on some friends of mine - male - Sikhs - with dastaars and stuff, he was like sayin you muslim this that and the other and this tramp yelled at him and said they are not muslim they're Sikhs, they got nothing to do with islam and so one of the guys went up to him just to say thanks and he said because he goes Gurdwara where he can get langar and stuff he knows what a Sikh looks like

it always comes down to the education thing i think

the other week this kala started on  some friends of mine - male - Sikhs - with dastaars and stuff, he was like sayin you muslim this that and the other and this tramp yelled at him and said they are not muslim they're Sikhs, they got nothing to do with islam and so one of the guys went up to him just to say thanks and he said because he goes Gurdwara where he can get langar and stuff he knows what a Sikh looks like

it always comes down to the education thing i think

92160[/snapback]

I find it really funny when kale ppl are racist. i mean to think wat they went through in the past and still go through..