wearing kirpaan

WJKK

WJKF

one quick question..... i guess Guru Hargobind Ji instructed the sikhs to wear swords and practice martial arts(not the kungfu one tongue.gif )

thats y we see guru Harrai ji with swords ...but i never saw a pic where guru Harkrishan ji and Guru Tegh Bahadur ji carrying swords or kirpaan (though i have heard in kathaas that the 9th guru used the tegh(sword)while in one of the battles of 6th guru)

so, did 6th guru really instructed the sikhs to be armed ???????? no.gif

Sat Sri Akal:

The real name of Guru Tegh Bahadur was Tiag Mal. He earned the name Tegh Bahadur wielding the sword in battle.

I cannot say about Eighth Patshah, as I have no knowledge. But pictures regarding Guru Harikrishen Sahib are all artist renditions, not those who actually drew while Guru Sahib posed for a painting. It is their impression, not reality.

WJKK

WJKF

i have no doubt that guru teg bahadur ji ever used a sword....he was master ...as i have listened in kathaa vichaars that he told the executioner that his name is tegh bahadur and he knows how to use, as well as, face the sword bravely!!!

not even an iota is ever mentioned (i read many saakhis...but like in hargobind's and harrai's saakhi its mentioned regularly that ppl were amazed by seeing the roop of saint soldier....its nowhere mentioned neither in pics nor in stories that 8th and 9th guru had sant sipahi outlook!!!)

all i wanna know whether 8th and 9th guru used to carry kirpaan with them or not???? :T:

Yes the Gurus did carry Kirpaans (to my knowledge)

The bodies of the Gurus are the continuation of the Jyot of Guru Nanak.... the message of Guru Nanak was progressively revealed through the ten saroops....

the Sixth Nanak introduced the wearing of the Siri Sahib into practice... all Gurus following on would walk forwards and reveal the message of Guru Nanak further.

So in technicality - yes they would have carried a sword. Whether you see this in pictures = doesn't matter!

Pictures of Gurus = mere depictions! Udhaa, we should be careful and cautious of not getting too involved or caught up in depictions of Guru Sahib (yes they are great in showing history but be careful coz they are an artist's impression and intrepretation).

Some pics of an artist's impression of the Guru Sahibaans:

First pic = depiction of Guru Har Krishan Sahib Ji visiting and curing the inhabitatns of Delhi. Guru Sahib opened dispensaries (health centres) and cared for the sick and needy through medicines and power of love and compassion.

Second pic = depiction of Guru Har Rai Sahib Ji in the Gardens of Kiratpur Sahib - Guru Sahib loved and cared for the environment and built gardens and planted flowers stuff.

post-2039-1112881309.jpg

post-2039-1112881634_thumb.jpg

i read in a book many years ago that guru hargobind ji called the ninth guru guru tegh bahadur ji as once as a baby, guru ji opened his fathers sword, for this, guru hargobind ji knew straight away that the ninth guru would be good at martial arts etc, hence why the name was given "tegh bahadur"

though, how accurate that is, i am not sure.

gustaphi maaf

MICHEAL HOWARD ZINDABAD

TONY BLAIR MURDABAD

CHARLES KENNEDY MURDABAD

If your concerned about labour and how they have messed the UK in 8 years, be very concerned and vote in this years general election on 5th may 2005.

vote conservatives!

lol bless... bare promotin lol

ok sorry.. goin off the topic now...