wristband

Nsingh1

wjkk wjkf

i was going to ask if the sangat what the think of this wristband craze. i see a lot of the sangat where this wrist bands but what are they really for. i can accept that people want to promote the course but what is a wristband going to for racism. is my opinion is just away for nike to profit from a good course.

anyway i was just wondering if it is ok for Sikhs( Gursikhs :e: ) to wear them.

i mow it soud like a bit of a crap topic but my sister keeps on bugging me to get her one. pray.gif

'75% of all money donated will go to anti-racism projects and initatives around Europe' so from a 'Stand up Speak up' (Nike) band thats 37.5p going to Nike from every sale (bands cost £1.50) and 112.5p to charity.

- www.standupspeakup.com

The money raised through the yellow 'LiveStrong' bands goes towards the 'Lance Armstrong Foundation which provides information and tools that people with cancer need to live strong'

- www.wearyellow.com

Ok guys, I'm all for donating money to good causes... and all these wristbands flying about the place,

But sometimes I think... Guru Sahib gave us such a wristband that encapsulates and reminds of all these causes 306 years ago.

I know when I look at my colleagues who have adorned their arms with the colours of these bands, then I look at my own sarbloh handcuff, I remember not to judge one by his colour, to think of those in this world who don't have as much as I do. To remember those who have lost their lives in the face of adversity and above all, to remember my Guru Sahib tied me to himself and these causes hundreds of years ago.

Sorry to go off on one...I think WOW... Guru Jee, you tied my arm to these causes from birth...

FATEH

IF n only IF it replaces the kara for "sikhs" THEN its time 2 complain

I mean theres 1 for Vaisakhi as well, orange one wich also says "proud2 b sikh"; well i would expect most people who call themselves sikhs but practice nutting at all woould be the kind 2 wear this 1..

..just lyk number plates and massive khandas arounds necks huna..

wot u fink sangat jee?

bhul chuk maaf

FATEH!

Its not about replacing your Kara with one of these wrist bands.. It’s simply about wearing one to show that you support a cause (and most causes behind these bands are valid). Its abit like paying for a red nose on Red Nose day or wearing a red ribbon in support of the AIDS campaign, it doesn’t make you any less of a Sikh if you show you support something.

One doe's not have to remove/replace their Kara or anything to support a cause..

nothing wrong in wearing a khanda around the neck if you beleive in it??

wht do u mean by "beleive in it"???

its not beleiving, rather its a style, a fashion attire for them....

cuz really, beleiving in khanda, and understanding its meaning , wud make that person aware wht sikhi is, and if he loves khanda that much, he wud certainly become a tyaar nar tyaar sikh. khanda is a religious symbol and has a deep meaning in sikhi.

rest is all fake..... no.gif

LOL.gif jazzy b wearing khanda , and singing in his new albulm romeo LOL.gif

(though i liked the tune... tongue.gif ....)

I wasn't intending to cause offence. I'm all for showing support to charitable causes. I'm merely stating, that once again our Guru Sahiban's blessed us with such thoughts, values and articles of conviction hundreds of years ago.

A Kara encapsulates your every belief, including the one belief in the Primal Lord. - I just thought of it in that way.

But please... don't get me started on the khanda issue...

I wasn't intending to cause offence. I'm all for showing support to charitable causes. I'm merely stating, that once again our Guru Sahiban's blessed us with such thoughts, values and articles of conviction hundreds of years ago.

A Kara encapsulates your every belief, including the one belief in the Primal Lord. - I just thought of it in that way.

But please... don't get me started on the khanda issue...