New Rara Sahib Gurdwara Uk

blatisingh

nice gurudwara!!! :)

but one thing pinches me....

y its "dedicated" to rara sahib....???

i mean...ok i do respect ..these sants were great...i have read in litereature section...

but still , gurudwara is dedicated by itself to satguru maharaj...and we had 1 satguru nanak dev ji with present form of guru granth sahib ji...and merged with the ONE...

then y do i find ppl saying....that this gurudwara is dedicated for rara sahib, for nanak sar waale ,etc etc....

i don't find it good :ysad:

Guest Akaal108

Rara Sahib is a sampardha(lineage) also known as "Bhai Daya Singh Sampardha" coming from Siri Guru Gobind Singh Ji's time just like damdami taksal..

so nothing wrong with the label.

true - we shudn't label or divide gurdwara's to different sants, gursikhs or castes.

end of day - gurdwara = guru duaara, the guru's door/gate.

but i must say the Gurdwara looks beautiful - to be honest it looks better than Southall Havelock Rd Gurdwara!!! :)

94663[/snapback]

This one cost £3 million compared to £18 million at havelock Road!!!

Guest Akaal108
wikid pics, i live quite close to there, only one thing though one of the pics says"sant kisan singh ji mahraaj" wats up with the mahraaj.

94668[/snapback]

maharaj is a prefix used for guru sahiban and as well sants (knights of the panth) !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

akaaaaaaaaal hii akaaaaaaal

Don't get me wrong I'm all for having such beautiful gurdwaras being built. But shouldn't some of the money be used to help educate the sikh youth. After all it is the responsiblity of the Gurdwara comitee to make effective use of the money.

The Gurdwara in southall looks beautiful from the outside and indeed the inside but its always dissapointing to see that theres only a few people inside the gurdwara and little if any youngsters. no.gifno.gif

Don't get me wrong I'm all for having such beautiful gurdwaras being built. But shouldn't some of the money be used to help educate the sikh youth. After all it is the responsiblity of the Gurdwara comitee to make effective use of the money.

The Gurdwara in southall looks beautiful from the outside and indeed the inside but its always dissapointing to see that theres only a few people inside the gurdwara and little if any youngsters. no.gif   no.gif

94699[/snapback]

Yea I totally agree. When will our elders ever learn :) The majority spend the Saturday nights out on the town, then the Sunday recovering from the aftereffects of the night before. wacko.gif And the excuse is usually "work hard, play hard, mad for it!" grin.gif

The elders should rather than building gurdwaras, should be looking at building a future.