Japji Sahib & Kundalini Yoga in Russia

http://www.sikhnet.com/Sikhnet/news.nsf/Si...AC?OpenDocument

:) I think the western sikhs are doing a great job in promoting Sikhi all around the world. Us desi sikhs tend to keep our religion to ourselves when we come to forgein countries but (gore) sikhs take pride in integrating sikhi teaching into their day to day work.

:) I would say Hats off to them , but dont wear a hat and pugh cant come off so pray.gif i hope they keep up the good work and inspire us to get off our lazy backsides.

Great to see this thread.

Those who come to sikhi from diverse paths are inspirational. They more than make up for those who insult guruji's with trims, baseball caps, khanda necklaces and stickers but claim sikhi as their own.

If someone does not want to practice sikhi, I can give them utmost respect as long as they don't suggest that they are sikh. When they do suggest this they are directly insulting sikh gurus.

I know that makes many khanda waving people non sikhs, but it is the brutal truth so make a choice. Put some other pride symbol on your flags, start a club for godsake; Punjabi, Hindu, or Indo and stop insulting the teachings of the gurus. OR start following the teachings of the gurus.

Many claim they are "sehajdhari” sikhs for convenience. What a sham, who are we kidding we all know with the exception of a few, they are simply caste/club/ ridden lifetime "labeldhari's". Your collective contribution to the distortion of sikhi is evident around the world.

No hate, no judgment, just putting out in the open what we all know as common sense but don't speak about. I can even respect such people as dear friends as long as they don’t attempt to suggest that they are approximately practicing sikhi because of their bloodline.

So give your club a name and leave the khanda out of it because desecrating ignorance like yours prevents sikhi from prospering at a far faster rate amongst the rest of the globe. And to those of any color who put their head on their palm and walk toward the guru, you are truly inspiring!

In case some feel it is relevant, the writer of the above does not consider worthy of being called a sikh.