Martial Arts

Bhajneet

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

as bruce lee once said,

we only have two arms and two legs, there is really no style in fighting. If someone had an extra arm, then it wud be a totally different martial art altogether.

To my limited knowledge, Gatka is a martial art that abides by Vahegurus law, such as the techniques are all circular in motion = no begining or end = one god.

bhul chuf mafi,

:)

the main one i can think of for sikhs is gatka and shastar vidiya lets not get into the politics about uk nihangs just the martial aspect. both art a traditional battle field arts involving a vast array of weapons. but then again for street combat or street fighting there are many arts for instance if u want a quick way of becoming a efficient fighter i would recommend boxing, kick boxing etc. but i want to practice and put time and effort there are many complex arts out there e.g woo shoo wing chung, wingstun etc etc just to name a few. there are alot of sikhs into martial arts and have been since they move to britian.

but to get the ultimate fighting experience cross train learn a few arts this can be difficult but the advantages are immense if used and trained in a real way. but at the end of the day it comes down to the type of person u are as in bottle wise if u want to learn proper street fighting or real fighting (reality) i suggest u enter the underground world of bare knuckle boxing and cage fighting. :)

well obviously i would do different types, but there is nothing against a Sikh doing some different art then Shastar or Gatka then?

I was also under the impression that if i could defend myself or others i would be okay, but the whole Guru Gobind Singh Jee taught us a specific art doesn't matter?

sorry i keep talking another thing with the complex martial arts espicially ones from areas like japan, china, korea, showlin etc involve or based around internal engery (chi-energy) meditation is the key but u soon begin to realise how closely it is related with sikhi martially and spiritually :) its amazing just read up on some of the arts and u will see wat i mean. pray.gif

the movments r NOT all circular in motion

now i dont like niddar and wa he says

i dont even kno if he knows the art he says he knows

but the gatka we do today is only around 6 percent real prob

there is 108 presuure points in ure body, guru je taught all this

knowing these, there are 6 when hit means death

u die

their fatal

each part of jaap sahib je has its own vaar to it

each avataar of vishnu as stated in choubous avtaar has a vaar to it

there is a art located in india, done by hindus, which realy relsembles shastar vidya of old time

they know 108 marma points, and everythin

howveer, its also a shoot off of shastar vidya, just like evereything else is

its shastar fighting isnt that good, but hands stuff is crazy

gatka is just the fighting of a soti and faree

shastar vidya is vidya on how to use all shastar and their different styles

and how to hand fight as well, which can be ill in a street fight

but not to man people kno it

im nore even sur eif niddar knows it, he might know ABOUT IT but aint sure if he actually knows it

some nihangs in punjab, older once, do know it

bhula chuka maf

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

• Topics

• Umm, that's totally irrational, bro. There are plenty of prakash-dara Singhs in Punjab (less than we'd like, but still plenty). No one cares that you are sabat soorat. It isn't 1986. You can walk around in chola, kurta-pajama, or jeans. Whatever. If you want the look @dallysingh101 is referring to, just go into a cheap clothing shop (not a Western-style mall) and buy some shirts for 250 rupees or a track suit for 2000 rupees. You'll get the cheap stuff made in some sweatshop in Bombay.
    • The Mind is Jyot Saroop (Waheguru), but the mind is under the influence of five evils… Through Naam Simran( Rememberance), the mind will begin to detach from evil, and get back to its original form ( MANN TU JYOT SAROOP HEH)… Until the mind breaks free from the five evils, one will go through the cycle of paap and punn….which leads to Karma… Naam Simran destroys past karma, and prevents new karma coming into fruition… I did this, I did that… This non realisation of the Jyot Saroop gives rise to paap and Punn, which in turn gives birth to suffering and misery…
    • I agree we're not born with sin like the Christians think. Also I agree we have effects of karma. But Gurbani does state that the body contains both sin and charity (goodness): ਕਾਇਆ ਅੰਦਰਿ ਪਾਪੁ ਪੁੰਨੁ ਦੁਇ ਭਾਈ ॥ Within the body are the two brothers sin and virtue. p126 Actually, we do need to be saved. Gurbani calls this "udhaar" (uplift). Without Satguru, souls are liable to spiritual death: ਜਿਨਾ ਸਤਿਗੁਰੁ ਪੁਰਖੁ ਨ ਭੇਟਿਓ ਸੇ ਭਾਗਹੀਣ ਵਸਿ ਕਾਲ ॥ p40 Those who have not met Satguru Purakh are unfortunate and liable to death. So, yeah, we do need to be saved, and Guru ji does the saving. The reason Satguru is the one to save is because God has given Satguru the "key" (kunji): ਸਤਿਗੁਰ ਹਥਿ ਕੁੰਜੀ ਹੋਰਤੁ ਦਰੁ ਖੁਲੈ ਨਾਹੀ ਗੁਰੁ ਪੂਰੈ ਭਾਗਿ ਮਿਲਾਵਣਿਆ ॥੭॥ In the True Guru's hand is the key. None else can open the door. By perfect good fortune the Guru is met. p124
    • That's unfortunate to hear. Could you give any more information? Who was this "baba"? He just disappeared with people's money? Obviously, you should donate your money to known institutions or poor people that you can verify the need of through friends and family in Punjab.
    • Sangat ji,  I know a family who went Sevewal to do seva sometimes end of 2019. They returned last year in great dismay and heart broken.  To repent for their mistakes they approached panj pyaare. The Panj gave them their punishment / order to how t make it up which, with Kirpa, they fulfilled.  They were listening to a fake Baba who, in the end, took all the "Donations " and fled sometime over a year ago. For nearly 4 years this family (who are great Gursikhs once u get to know them) wasted time and effort for this fake Baba. NOT ONLY this one fam. But many, many did worldwide and they took their fam to do seva, in village Sevewal, city Jaitho in Punjab. In the end many families lost money in thousands being behind this Baba. The family, on return, had to get in touch with all the participants and told them to stop.  I am stating this here to create awareness and we need to learn from whom we follow and believe. It's no easy but if we follow the 3 S (Sangat, Simran and Seva) we will be shown the light. As I am writing this the family in question have been doing the same since 2008 onwards and they fell for this Baba... it is unbelievable and shocking.  This am writing in a nutshell as am at work on my break so not lengthy but it deserves a great length.  Especially the family in question, who shed light on youngsters about Sikhi 20 plus years!! 

Important Information

Terms of Use