Favo Quote Or Shabad Quote

mÚ 1 ]

ma 1 ||

First Mehl:

nwvx cly qIrQI min KotY qin cor ]

naavan chalae theerathhee man khottai than chor ||

They go and bathe at sacred shrines of pilgrimage, but their minds are still evil, and their bodies are thieves.

ieku Bwau lQI nwiqAw duie Bw cVIAsu hor ]

eik bhaao lathhee naathiaa dhue bhaa charreeas hor ||

Some of their filth is washed off by these baths, but they only accumulate twice as much.

bwhir DoqI qUmVI AMdir ivsu inkor ]

baahar dhhothee thoomarree a(n)dhar vis nikor ||

Like a gourd, they may be washed off on the outside, but on the inside, they are still filled with poison.

swD Bly AxnwiqAw cor is corw cor ]2]

saadhh bhalae ananaathiaa chor s choraa chor ||2||

The holy man is blessed, even without such bathing, while a thief is a thief, no matter how much he bathes. ||2||

'Fateh

mah most favorite if i had to pick...

jYqsrI mhlw 5 vwr slokw nwil

Jaitsree, Fifth Mehl, Vaar With Shaloks:

<> siqgur pRswid ]

One Universal Creator God. By The Grace Of The True Guru:

slok ]

Shalok:

Awid pUrn miD pUrn AMiq pUrn prmysurh ]

In the beginning, He was pervading; in the middle, He is pervading; in the end, He will be pervading. He is the Transcendent Lord.

ismrMiq sMq srbqR rmxM nwnk AGnwsn jgdIsurh ]1]

The Saints remember in meditation the all-pervading Lord God. O Nanak, He is the Destroyer of sins, the Lord of the universe. ||1||

pyKn sunn sunwvno mn mih idRVIAY swcu ]

See, hear, speak and implant the True Lord within your mind.

pUir rihE srbqR mY nwnk hir rMig rwcu ]2]

He is all-pervading, permeating everywhere; O Nanak, be absorbed in the Lord's Love. ||2||

it is mah favorite because something about this tuk that gets to me and also

amazingly, more than 50% of the time i take guru sahib's hukamnama

this is the hukam i always recieve

meant to be huh...hehehe

'fateh

this is one of my favourites because it was the hukamnama i received after having received Amrit plus this shabad i have been listening to like every day for months prior to receiving Amrit

soriT mhlw 1 ]

qU pRB dwqw dwin miq pUrw hm Qwry ByKwrI jIau ]

mY ikAw mwgau ikCu iQru n rhweI hir dIjY nwmu ipAwrI jIau ]1]

Git Git riv rihAw bnvwrI ]

jil Qil mhIAil gupqo vrqY gur sbdI dyiK inhwrI jIau ] rhwau ]

mrq pieAwl Akwsu idKwieE guir siqguir ikrpw DwrI jIau ]

so bRhmu AjonI hY BI honI Gt BIqir dyKu murwrI jIau ]2]

jnm mrn kau iehu jgu bpuVo iein dUjY Bgiq ivswrI jIau ]

siqguru imlY q gurmiq pweIAY swkq bwjI hwrI jIau ]3]

siqgur bMDn qoiV inrwry bhuiV n grB mJwrI jIau ]

nwnk igAwn rqnu prgwisAw hir min visAw inrMkwrI jIau ]4]8]sorat(h) mehalaa 1 ||

thoo prabh dhaathaa dhaan math pooraa ham thhaarae bhaekhaaree jeeo ||

mai kiaa maago kishh thhir n rehaaee har dheejai naam piaaree jeeo ||1||

ghatt ghatt rav rehiaa banavaaree ||

jal thhal meheeal gupatho varathai gur sabadhee dhaekh nihaaree jeeo || rehaao ||

marath paeiaal akaas dhikhaaeiou gur sathigur kirapaa dhhaaree jeeo ||

so breham ajonee hai bhee honee ghatt bheethar dhaekh muraaree jeeo ||2||

janam maran ko eihu jag bapurro ein dhoojai bhagath visaaree jeeo ||

sathigur milai th guramath paaeeai saakath baajee haaree jeeo ||3||

sathigur ba(n)dhhan thorr niraarae bahurr n garabh majhaaree jeeo ||

naanak giaan rathan paragaasiaa har man vasiaa nira(n)kaaree jeeo ||4||8||

Sorat'h, First Mehl:

You, God, are the Giver of gifts, the Lord of perfect understanding; I am a mere beggar at Your Door.

What should I beg for? Nothing remains permanent; O Lord, please, bless me with Your Beloved Name. ||1||

In each and every heart, the Lord, the Lord of the forest, is permeating and pervading.

In the water, on the land, and in the sky, He is pervading but hidden; through the Word of the Guru's Shabad, He is revealed. ||Pause||

In this world, in the nether regions of the underworld, and in the Akaashic Ethers, the Guru, the True Guru, has shown me the Lord; He has showered me with His Mercy.

He is the unborn Lord God; He is, and shall ever be. Deep within your heart, behold Him, the Destroyer of ego. ||2||

This wretched world is caught in birth and death; in the love of duality, it has forgotten devotional worship of the Lord.

Meeting the True Guru, the Guru's Teachings are obtained; the faithless cynic loses the game of life. ||3||

Breaking my bonds, the True Guru has set me free, and I shall not be cast into the womb of reincarnation again.

O Nanak, the jewel of spiritual wisdom shines forth, and the Lord, the Formless Lord, dwells within my mind. ||4||8||

the Hukamana below is one i would like to share; it's from Sri Harimandir Sahib and was received on the day i became Khalsa; i love reading it, ive printed a copy off and i read it every day as it totally boosts me!!!

DnwsrI mhlw 5 ]

ijin qum Byjy iqnih bulwey suK shj syqI Gir Awau ] And mMgl gun gwau shj Duin inhcl rwju kmwau ]1] qum Gir Awvhu myry mIq ] qumry doKI hir Awip invwry Apdw BeI ibqIq ] rhwau ] pRgt kIny pRB krnyhwry nwsn Bwjn Qwky ] Gir mMgl vwjih inq vwjy ApunY Ksim invwjy ]2] AsiQr rhhu folhu mq kbhU gur kY bcin ADwir ] jY jY kwru sgl BU mMfl muK aUjl drbwr ]3] ijn ky jIA iqnY hI Pyry Awpy BieAw shweI ] Acrju kIAw krnYhwrY nwnku scu vifAweI ]4]4]28]

DHANAASAREE, FIFTH MEHL:

The One who sent you, has now recalled you; return to your home now in peace and pleasure. In bliss and ecstasy, sing His Glorious Praises; by this celestial tune, you shall acquire your everlasting kingdom. || 1 || Come back to your home, O my friend. The Lord Himself has eliminated your enemies, and your misfortunes are past. || Pause || God, the Creator Lord, has glorified you, and your running and rushing around has ended. In your home, there is rejoicing; the musical instruments continually play, and your Husband Lord has exalted you. || 2 || Remain firm and steady, and do not ever waver; take the Guru's Word as your Support. You shall be applauded and congratulated all over the world, and your face shall be radiant in the Court of the Lord. || 3 || All beings belong to Him; He Himself transforms them, and He Himself becomes their help and support. The Creator Lord has worked a wondrous miracle; O Nanak, His glorious greatness is true. || 4 || 4 || 28 ||

:):)