would.........

oh thx bruv i do get it  :TH:

does that mean if you cut your hair/you dont follow the sikh code of conduct.......... your anti-panthic????

97083[/snapback]

That would be a generalization which says the entire world is Anti-Panthic except those who have Hair and follow the sikh code of conduct.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You cannot generalize this as being "Anti-Panthic". It is dependent on the situation at hand and i don't understand how this makes an individual "Anti-Panthic" It seems if you make a mistake you are automatically Anti-Panthic.

This Anti-Panthic is a strong word to use for a mistake commited out of circumstances or ignorance which in turn is translated to "Anti-Sikhi" "Anti-Guru".

Anti- Panthic is anything that brings Dishonor to the House of Guru Nanak Ji knowingly...(how's that?)......forgive my mistakes..

so are you lot trying to say if you aint amritdhari/not following sikh code of conduct your anti-panthic????

just answer in yes/no

Bhenji,

If you call yourself a Sikh You should follow your Guru....and cutting ur hair is against the guru's hukum.... A sikh is someone who follows their Guru in every way. .....We are told not to cut our hair amongst many other rehats and we were told to look at Guru Granth Sahib Ji as our GURU.....so not doing these things and calling yourself a sikh would be wrong...i heard this somewhere that sikhs today do soo much...they bring Guru Granth Sahib ji on Pirvate jets, they matha tek with dollars and they Give Guruji's rooms AC...which is all good...but Guruji is our father...he doesn't need material things from us...like any father if we listen to what he's telling us then Guruji would be happy with us...all we have to do is listen to what he's saying to us.....Forgive my mistakes..

on this other thread about the election in some gurudwara they were talking about people who were panthic/anti-panthic in the committee!!!!i mean how can someone classify some other person as anti-panthic and that ...surely they must have done many deeds themselves that must have been anti-panthic grin.gif

so are you lot trying to say if you aint amritdhari/not following sikh code of conduct your anti-panthic????

just answer in yes/no  tongue.gif :

97089[/snapback]

Yes and No.

It depends on which definition of the term Anti-Panthic you are using.

1. Anyone who does not follow a certain set of Guidelines is Anti-X-Guidelines, then Yes you are Anti. This one does not account for those who are working their way up to reach those set Guidelines, it is a clear cut line. You are Anti until you follow the 'X' guidelines.

2. Anyone who is Proactivly "Against" a set of Guidelines and is expressive in his actions that he/she is Against Hair or Amrit would be considered Anti-Having Hair/Amrit. If you are not against this then NO, you are not Anti.

just answer in yes/no  tongue.gif :

97089[/snapback]

I would say no, read my earlier post again:

" Many many sikhs dont follow rehat, but it doesnt mean they are against the khalsa or dont believe that rehat is the truthful way of living."

Therefore, these sikhs who are not amritdhari and dont really follow rehat (code of conduct), how we're supposed to, still may not be anti panthic.

WOW!!! HOW TRUE NATSILAHK! THATS JUST AMAZING! THANK YOU FOR UR EXTREMELY RESPECTFUL AND INSIGHTFUL VIEWS!

/sarcasm

really mean man.

And thank you Pheena. Every time I read your posts you continue to confuse me even more. I really appreciate when you start answering questions about my post even though I'm the one that wrote them. Complete mis-representation on your part. How do you know what I was talking about? How can you comprehend the depth of which I was thinking at? You want answers. Here they are

When referring to Panth, you are more than likely to be referring to the Khalsa Panth, don't care what you're talking about, it is going to be assumed. Cutting your hair is anti-panthic, because anti-panthic implies against the Khalsa Panth. You cannot say you are apart of the Khalsa Panth and meanwhile cut your hair, because induction into the Khalsa Panth means that you have taken amrit. Amritdharis do not cut their hair. No, not following the rehat does not make you panthic. Your example of the whole world being anti-panthic is remarkably skewed, because the whole world doesn't follow the rehat, and is therefore neither panthic or anti-panthic. Yes, anti-panthic is anti-sikhi and "anti-guru" because the panth stands for sikhi, and gives their lives for their guru. You can't say that Kala Afghana is Anti-sikhi and yet still panthic, they are all the same terms.