State of Gurdwara's

i don't like to degrade other religions, i been inside & apart of many religions that some

sikhs would'nt be a part of....radha soami satsang, buddhist temple,

mandirs, jain mandirs....& the way the kids bought up there, it puts us to shame, they

taught they are bruv n sistas, they have english classes held weekly, a chance to do seva not

only in the building but in the whole commuunity "ral ke", i can actualy see a future for them but as for us

matha tekhen, eat in the langar, apart from the amrit shak ppl... every one keeps to them selves....there a defo divide with the niane n siane, jst wots gonna come out of that for us then!

many of the first gurduaras in uk lie on the foundation of relic grade 2 church's that where

meant to come down, as a result on the very low christian congregation turning up in this country

attracted....can't help but think that are we going down the same road :??? :doh:

ne ways, wot i'm twying 2 say is their needs to be a sense of community that seems to have been lost somewhere, other wise it s a one way route for sikhism in uk

-so wot can we do to difuse the current situation? i know wot i would like to see happen, just wanna get your views.....

well i think youth need 2 make an effort themselves, as well as adults. how? more sikh camps!! more gurrdwara's using less money for the committee's benefit and more for helping youth. such as camps (like i mentioned b4) and presentatoins. even 1-day conference lyk 1nce a month. we had 1 in 1995 (obviously i was too young to even memba) but my tabla teacher organised it n the children luivd it! it was abt guru gobind singh ji. but he was relly upset wen the committee dint allow anova 1 n 1 child came up 2 him n aksed "y cant we haf anova conference?" committees need 2 wake up!.. or just get out of gurdwaras n start drinking OPENLY insted of doign guru ji';s beadbe n do it on the low...

..my thoughts. soz if i sed nethign offensive 2 any1

51NGH

These Issues need to be presented to the officials of the Gurudwara. It is they who took upon the responsibility of using the Money of the Sangat to a good use. Perhaps they should do what exactly they are elected to do instead of trying to progress their political careers in a place that has no place for politics.

You should get few more people your age together and present a speech to the Sangat and to the Comittee. If they cannot see what is lacking in the growth for the youth, then they must be shown what is lacking.

tru say...u have to do it ur selfs its too long too explain...back in the day slough singh sabha was run so well it was said to be the hyde park of gurudwaras it was a massive base for the sikh youth with gurbani class's etc being held nearly everyday in addition to this the gym etc...this was around the late 90's where shere punjab started up in slough due to the problems..nows it 2005 and its happening all again trouble seems to have gone out of hand...sikh school needs funds but singh sabha due to comitee aint giving a penny towards it even though got 700,000 in the bank and 3 properties worth 100,000-300,000 EACH where is the money going then they wonder why the youth dont come to the gurudwara and wen the do they do puteh kaam. u have to make a effort ur self cos these 60+ babeh most of them just good for sitting down and nicking all the money they dont give a monkeys wat happens to the youth....all i can say is this generation coming through as the set the standards...and unite for a change grin.gif

"posh jatti" -

"a chance to do seva not

only in the building but in the whole commuunity "ral ke", i can actualy see a future for them but as for us"

i think that all those sects or religions u mentioned only cater for thier own needs and community, i can understand wat ur saying that seva should not only be done inside a gurudwara but outside, well gurudwaras are open to everyone and sotherefore serve the whole community. its only us who limit where seva can be done, seva can be cleaning the langar hall inside a gurudwara or helping a elderly lady carry her shopping to her bat-mobile (car). if u ever loook around the world sikhs a known for thier seva for helping n serving others who need it, remember gurudwaras are not wat they were, they where hospitals, help-centres, etc all under one roof and most importantly gods house so us sikhs invented things like the nhs :doh: ....red cross was started by a european guy who actually read the story of bhai kanaya ji & guru gobind singh jee and was soo inspired he started the red cross. sorry if i have mis-interpreted u.