Babli doing drugs angers Sikhs!

"hey sony there's one film in which the sikhs were shown in a good light,tht was the burning train.

remember the scene in which the khalsa gave his turban to the school teacher to tie the children inspite of the objection from his wife.tht was a true khalsa being shown."

Thanks for this, I have not seen this movie as i got tired of watching bollywood bash Sikhs I will get this movie to watch.

But veerji, did u see the difference? when it came to listing the movies that showed Sikh's in a bad light.. u were able to give so many. when it came to listing the movies that showed Sikh's in a good light... u named one.

jio this is what we are talking about... it is so imbalanced. bollywood is not just for fun... these people are role models to our kids. Sikhs are embarrased with the way they show them because that is not who they are.

and as i said before, its what u post that people look at when they pass judgment here.... and it was the reply to Gurpreet Singh that put a negative view of u in my mind first and then the reply to Daasn Daas. although i admit he could have phrased his words differently, but Daasn Daas has been here and I have seen some of his other posts and therefore I dont judge him by just that one post. but I have not read other posts of urs.. jsut whats here.....

bhul chuk maaf

Fateh

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If the charachters in the film looked like this then we should be concerned. If not get on with your lives and stop worrying about bunty and babli.

100997[/snapback]

we are not worried about buny and babli, but about the kids that watch this and think that its ok....

if u r not worried about it then good for you. live and let live right.. let the people that worry about it worry about it then... dont worry about the people that are worrying

101009[/snapback]

I am not worried in the slightest. Making a mountain out of a mole hill springs to mind. It is a big shame that at a time when our heritage is being destroyed by fellow Sikhs every day, such topics evoke only 3/4 responses. Start a thread on a film and pretend it is a big major super duper threat to Sikhi and you get 50+ responses. Some of you people really need to get your priorities right.

Go up to any female Sikh child who is in infant school and ask them if their name is XYZ Singh. The girl will laugh at you and tell you that girls are Kaur and boys Singh. So they will know this film is not real with her being named Babli Singh.

Your argument about the kids is far fetched, how many kids have you seen trying to emulate Charlie from Charlie and the Chocolate Factory or plugging their heads into computer Matrix style ?

as for me being a khalsa,let me tell u something mr dasan dass-

IAM MUCH MORE OF A KHALSA THAN UR MOTHER HAS EVER PRODUCED.NOW U CAN KEEP ON LAUGHING :doh: .

hahahahaha... :) ... u poor thing u ...

ok first i was ready to apologize i was thinking i may have came out too strong... but reli i feel reli sorry for you ...

i dont have time to read all that what you wrote as i am a university person and i have more important things to tend to ... so you can by all means go ahead speak your thoughts im sure someone here can back me up or go against your ignorant comments that are untrue !

anwyay you think what you want... first you say drinking is good and you end in a fateh ... and say god enligthen us all... well veerji i hope u get enlightened on what is RIGHT and what is WRONGGG !!

anyway i dont have time for a childish argument with you .. for all i know you may be some uneducated person that i dont wish to argue with here... but yes you may PM me and we can settle this in person if you would like or on one to one conversation... i stay firm on what i said and veerji ... i do feel sorry for you...

... hope you find the true road where you are headed...

im sorry if the way how i talk upsets you.. but the way you talk upsets the whole sikh community ... :doh:

If the charachters in the film looked like this then we should be concerned. If not get on with your lives and stop worrying about bunty and babli.

100997[/snapback]

now to get back on topic...

i totally agree wit veerji here...

... i have seen many films where they potray 'sikhs' they way they do ... films like hollywood bollywood, or bend it like bekham ... not too noticeable scenes but where the characters are 'sikhs' but they do many unsikh things that a SIKH shouldnt do ...

but like veerji said ... if they looked like that then we could argue ... or if they used gurbani in wrong sense like they did in 'jo bole so nihal' .. then we can argue ... but this kinda thing happens all the time and basically in EVERY SINGLE BOLLYWOOD MOVIE !!!

i bet if you watch carefully you will for sure find in every film.. either someone doing something or saying something wrong abouta sikh...

... they also dont just go against sikhs but other religions too .. as i see them bashing muslims in almost every movie where if its a war type movie they make 'hindustan' look like the hero and 'pakistan' looklike the villian !!!

enough said .. we shouldnt be too much worried about thsi film as every film is like this one... we can have our voice out like after 'jo bole so nihal' there shouldnt be more films like that and if we do get heard .. maybe the criticisms against us will also cut down...

bhul chuk maph !

dassan iam not at all interested in starting an argument over this again.i have expressed my views and i stick to it,those who don't like it can just ignore me.

as for me being uneducated i can only smile at ur arrogance.

ssa

A KHALSA DOESN'T TAKE BIRTH FROM HIS MOTHER

HE TAKES BIRTH IN THE BATTLEFIELD.

dassan iam not at all interested in starting an argument over this again.i have expressed my views and i stick to it,those who don't like it can just ignore me.

as for me being uneducated i can only smile at ur arrogance.

ssa

A KHALSA DOESN'T TAKE BIRTH FROM HIS MOTHER

HE TAKES BIRTH IN THE BATTLEFIELD.

101175[/snapback]

A KHALSA is only born when he or she takes amrit of GURU GOBIND SINGH JI ... for further enlightenment read guru jis bani :e: ...

... like i was trying to say before... hiding behind a screen is only a cowardly figure... say what you want to say ... it will only hurt you in the end...

bhul chuk maph :doh:

i have said wht i wanted to say.

if u don't like it i give a damm.

aasi te chardee kalah wich rainde ne ,te tussi sarhde hee rainde je :nihungsmile:

khalsa mero naam

karda mai vairiyan daa kaam tamaam.

:nihungsmile: :T:

Waheguru jee ka khalsa waheguru jee kee fateh

Pyaryo bas karo , be cool, we are already full of differences and divisons please do not add more in it.

World wide Youth come here on this site to learn and get inspiration from elders Veerjee / bhanjee and this kind of discussions will have wrong effects on them.

hope u veers will give ear to dass request _/\_

Waheguru jee ka khalsa waheguru jee kee fateh