Smoking Vs Drinking

vahigurujikakhalsavahigurujikifateh

consuming alcohol or smoking or consuming of any drugs or meat makes you a non sikh. i would never do the above not because of health reasons but because guru ji's hukam is for us not to do the above, and the panj pyareh in the form of guru ji told me not to do the above as they are bajaar kurehits

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If i remember Correctly, Guru Gobind Singh jee's Horse Neela stopped on the edge of a tobacoo crop. He wouldnt go near the plants. When people asked Guru ji why they had stopped then Guru ji replied "This horse knows Tobacoo kills many generations, therefore no sikh would ever touch or consume tobacoo".

So wat i understand from that sakhi is that Guru ji told all his sikhs that Tobacoo is never tobe consumed as smoking not only harms the smoker but the people around him ("second hand smoking").

Also When Guru ji said Tobacoo kills many Generations, consider a pregnent woman, if she inhales smoke from a cigerrete then her child will have bad effect to hence tobacoo effecting many generations.

Alcohol on the other hand, effects the person who is consuming it.

They are both bad...

118525[/snapback]

i herd that it wasnt even growing then! guru ji';s horse stopped at the feild. it looked normal. 1 disciple asked y did guur ji;s Neela horse stop? Guru Ji said, that tobacco WILL be grown here.. n dats how faithful guru ji's horse was.

nowadays forgget abt goign 2 feilds, us sikhs TOUCH it, shuv it into ur mouths n DIE form it no.gif

.. or am i rong? :wub:

anyways smoking or drinking. both r bad. but... alcohol CAN be used 4 medecine. we dont wanan lose our senses over it, but we can use LITTLE to cure us. in dat case its not a sharaab its a duwayee (medication). My dad dips tisue rol into alcohol and den puts it in his mouth as a form of painkiller. this alcohol can also be found in mouthwashes. ofcourse he dusnt swallow it :wub:

i read wot sharab stands for in a rehit maryada booklet by sant jarnail singh ji khalsa:

SHARAB = SHAR + AAB. SHAR from SHARAARAT, as in naughty (or any other better words?? :wub: ) and aab meaning water. so sharaab is the "nuaghty" version of water.

We need to sort this out.

hands down, but we cant do it in a way that we start to preach, that only switches them off!

humour is needed to counter attack this.

"make them laugh, make them buy"

an old media term.

preaching will make them go far away from sikhi, humour is the best way to educate people these days.

suggestions anyone?

gustaphi maaf

101094[/snapback]

hmm lemmi fink...

F - full pack of cigars.. u look at them and feel lyk having a smoke

O - open the packet, u see a lil message

O - oh ur surprised... where the cigars.. anyways then u read the message

L - letter says: u stupid fool!

ok crap joke.. i tried blush.gif lol

why smoking is deemed to be more taabo than drinking....why do socalled sikhs drink but dont touch the cigerete (at least publicaly)

Answer - because in the SGPC maryada, the kurehit is tobacco and not intoxicants!!

I know so many "amritdhari Singhs" who say that it is fine to have a drink because they aren't committing a kurehit and no matter how much you tell them that as per bani both are wrong, it just doesn't have an effect :wub:

Khalsa ji

I think we are so fortunate to have a pita like Guru Gobind Singh Ji. We should do his shukkrana every morning that He has saved us from tobacco and alcohol (…………and meat , Randip Ji ???)

You see people smashed out of their minds and making complete **** of them selves in the streets and it is so sad to see. You see relatives quibble over a glassi and become so so lalchi over a bit of alcohol left in the bottle, it is so sad. You read all the bad effects of smoking and all the money wasted,  and you feel like putting your head at the charan of Guru Granth Sahib Ji in eternal thanks for saving us from the ways og kalyug.

118595[/snapback]

don't consume that which is bad for your mind and body.

Alcohol will cause liver damage, brain damage etc

Cigarette/Tobacco will cause cancer.

Too much food (whether vegetables or meat) will make you fat and have heart problems, as well as other health problems.

Meats got nothing to do with it so stop bringing the stupid topic up, and mind your own diet and business.

consuming alcohol or smoking or consuming of any drugs or meat makes you a non sikh. i would never do the above not because of health reasons but because guru ji's hukam is for us not to do the above, and the panj pyareh in the form of guru ji told me not to do the above as they are bajaar kurehits

118614[/snapback]

A dimwitted response from a dimwit! LOL.gif

Ah ignorance is bliss! :TH: