Taking Amrit

:doh:

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh!!!!!!!!!!

I need sum advice ppl about taking amrit.... i really really really really want to take amrit but my parents won't let me. This Vaisakhi i was guna take and it jus didn't happen cuz my mum found out and sed that i'm too young. By the way i'm only 19 years old...

My amritdhari friends sed that i'm allowed to keep a rehat..which i'm doing, i do nitnem and wear the panj Kakkar....there was debate at home about this too... i was told to take off all kakkar and not keep a rehat and just eat muchi, meat and anadai..... but i don't wana do that.... i asked panj pyara and he sed i'm allowed to keep a rehat!!!

Things have started to calm down and i'm allowed to keep the rehat but i still get the comments at home and taking amrit is just out of the question....

Some days i feel like taking amrit, some days i don't.... what u guys fink i shud do?? do i take it undercover or wot....actaully thats a bad idea i might get shitar wen i go home.... no.gif

But i found this rehatnama that states that a sikh should take amrit once in their lifetime if they don't they face the consequences....

Rehat Bina nehi Sikh Kahave, rehat bine dar chota Kavahe.....

I really want to take Amrit... give me sum Rehatname or summit or sum advice on what i shud do................... :)

I think it is great you have an inside hungar ( Waheguru telling you to act) to take amrit. You are not young at all. Just rememeber the ages of the 4 sahibsadee ( Guru Ji's 4 beloved sons).

You don't say why your parents object? Maybe a relative you are close to or others from your local Gurdwara who also know your parents may be able to talk with your parents. They should be amrit dhari as they will then support your point of view.

If at the end of the day your parents continue to object then in my opinion you should do ardas to Guru Ji and committ your yourself to amrit and go ahead. I am sure Guru Ji will guide you all the way and in time your parents will follow the path you are taking.

Guru Ji says do not delay matters which are good. There is a katha of a sikh who came to Guru Gobind Singh JI demanding amrit on the day and Guru Ji said wait 3 days. He refused and Guru Ji said Wait 2 Days. He said no Guru Ji I am following what you have taught us DO NOT DELAY DONIG GOOD DEEDS. Guru Ji was so pleased with his sikh and amrit was prepared.

May Wahegurus kirpa continue to blossom on you.

:doh:

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh.........

Thanx 4 the advice man, much appreciated....the thing is they jus think i'm rushing into sikhi too quick. i used to be a mona b4 but had loads of pyar 4 sikhi and wanted to grow kes, used to read gurbaani etc. i used to think that i read Gurbaani and then cut my hair...wasn't i contradicting sikhi then??? Eventually i decided one day that i'm jus guna go 4 it and did it but now there's an obstruction at home because every1 finks ive been brainwashed into sikhi???? i dunno how they got that idea into their heads?? they happy i kept my kes and that but getting up and doing nitnem, keeping a rehat, remaining a strict veggie and wanting to take amrit is too far????????? no.gif

wheneva ne1 mentions that theres guna b an Amritsanchar i get pushed towards it but then don't take amrit because of the pressure at home.... i do ardaas and that but its not the same because at times i feel like an outsider in my own home!!!

Amrit naam nidhaan hai mil peevo bhai||

Gurmukh pyareo,

I use to be the same, but with Guru sahib's kirpa my parents were into Sikhi as well, so I didn't go through alot of problems growing my kesh and taking amrit.

Look man you're 19, you are able to do what you want, you don't have to be a slave to your parents and have them make decisions for you, in most countries you are already an adult. A decision you make in these critical days will shape how you will live your life, do you want to live your life according to your parents or according to how Guru Sahib wants.

Understand the reason for taking amrit first, and make sure that you will not turn your back on Guru Sahib once you give your head, because if you fail to live according to rehat after taking amrit there are serious consequences. Make sure that you are ready to take amrit, then JUST DO IT. The longer you think about it, the more doubt will come into your mind, and the longer you will delay it.

As for your parents, I'm sure once you take amrit they will understand that its your personal choice, and that you are serious about it. If they don't understand that this is your belief, your judgement and decision, you know that they don't love you and only their "status".

Once you take amrit, Guru Sahib will deal with everything for you, you just have to be ready. :nihungsmile:

yup khalsa... agree wif u ... sweetheart, u do what is right... let guruji take care of the rest... remember taking amrit is juz the first step... u take the 1st then guruji will take thousabds towards u... charan sharan gur ek painda jaye chal, satgur kot painda aage hoi let hai...

juz go for it ... He'll hold ur hand and walk wif u

Cheers! :doh:

Go take Amrit and tell your parents that you got--- not just permission, not just blessings, but hukam to take Amrit from their (your parents) great great great great grandparents.

Tell your parents that they rightfully taught you that it is important to listen to your parents, so therefore it must be absolutely critical to listen to your great great great grandparents.

Then ask your parents why they don't practice what they preach and respect and listen to thier lineage of parents ...who sacrificed so much for them and have long left this world;... and therefore take Amrit themselves.

You are an inspiration! Despite their shortcomings your parents have something to do with your strength. Pay them back by taking Amrit and teaching them about the spirit of their grandparents or great grandparents!

• 2 weeks later...

thanx 4 the advice guys much appreciated...i fink my ardaas is cumin true... thank waheguru!!!!!!!!!11

me and my mum bin to c sant baba Ranjit singh, dhadrian wale and his kirtan and katha was absolutely wiked!!!! He kept tellin d sangat 2 tek amrit and dat theres nutin in this world apart from this....he was also tellin sangat about the sacrifices Dasmesh pitta Guru Gobind Singh Ji had dun 4 us in order to create a Khalsa 4 us!!! My mum was reli touched by wot he sed n we were both guna take amrit but she backed out.... :doh:

But in about 2 weeks tym hopefully i will b tekin amrit directly from Sant baba ranjit singh himself!!! Yippppppeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :doh: :TH: :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh:

thanx 4 the advice guys much appreciated...i fink my ardaas is cumin true... thank waheguru!!!!!!!!!11

me and my mum bin to c sant baba Ranjit singh, dhadrian wale and his kirtan and katha was absolutely wiked!!!!  He kept tellin d sangat 2 tek amrit and dat theres nutin in this world apart from this....he was also tellin sangat about the sacrifices Dasmesh pitta Guru Gobind Singh Ji had dun 4 us in order to create a Khalsa 4 us!!!  My mum was reli touched by wot he sed n we were both guna take amrit but she backed out.... :doh:

But in about 2 weeks tym hopefully i will b tekin amrit directly from Sant baba ranjit singh himself!!!  Yippppppeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :doh:   :TH:  :doh:   :doh:   :doh:   :doh:

106033[/snapback]

Congrats bro, but you will be taking amrit from satguru sri guru gobind singh ji maharaj in the form of panj pyare, blush.gif not sant baba ranjit singh himself