Lagu Naraj Shand

Bundha

In the Akal Ustat, at the end of the verse of Tuv Prasadh, Laghu Naraj Chhand, paudhi 69, it ends with: Tuhi Tuhi, Tuhi Tuhi, Tuhi Tuhi, Tuhi Tuhi. (Only) There is you, There is you, There is you, There is you,There is you, There is you, There is you, There is you. Tuhi Tuhi, Tuhi Tuhi, Tuhi Tuhi, Tuhi Tuhi. (Only) There is you, There is you, There is you, There is you,There is you, There is you, There is you, There is you.

It is said that on the banks of the river Sutlej while Guru Gobind Singh Ji was composing the Akal Ustat he went into a deep trance state (smadhi) and so deeply emersed was he in Akal Purkhs glory that we continued to say 'Tuhi Tuhi, Tuhi Tuhi......' for hours. It is a tribute to the Sikh scribes who were writing down the bani as Guru Ji was composing it that they filled pages upon pages upon pages of 'Tuhi Tuhi..' When Guru Ji opened his eyes he decided in his wisdom only to use two lines of this so as to keep within the poetic structure of the composition.

Waheguru ji ka khalsa Waheguru ji ki fateh

I heard this sakhi as well but the sakhi i heard has a bit more to it. The person told me that when guru ji came out of smadhi he asked how many times did i say tuhi. And the gursikh after counting told guru ji 14,000 (not sure if its 14 or 13 or another number) times. Guru ji then said that just write it it down 14 times (or whatever it was in the thousands) and whoever reads this will get the phul of saying it 14,000 times.

I can't recall if it is 14 or another number. Whatever is written in akal ustant times by 1000. I was wondering if any gurmukh can varify this?

Quest4Akal,

you are right this is how the Sakhi goes, but I left the last bit out because some Singhs become a little too critical and will critisize and say this is not possible etc.

The phal of the Tuhi Tuhi's is as you say of all the tuhi tuhi's that Guru Sahib Ji's uchaared.