Gurbani

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

VJKK! VJKF!!

Gurbaani :)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

suin sRvn bwnI purK igAwnI min inDwnw pwvhy ]

sun sravan baanee purakh giaanee man nidhhaanaa paavehae ||

Listen with your ears to the Word of the Lord's Bani, the hymns of spiritual wisdom; thus you shall obtain the treasure in your mind.

(http://www.sikhitothemax.com/page.asp?ShabadID=1677)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Awvhu isK siqgurU ky ipAwirho gwvhu scI bwxI ]

aavahu sikh sathiguroo kae piaariho gaavahu sachee baanee ||

Come, O beloved Sikhs of the True Guru, and sing the True Word of His Bani.

bwxI q gwvhu gurU kyrI bwxIAw isir bwxI ]

baanee th gaavahu guroo kaeree baaneeaa sir baanee ||

Sing the Guru's Bani, the supreme Word of Words.

ijn kau ndir krmu hovY ihrdY iqnw smwxI ]

jin ko nadhar karam hovai hiradhai thinaa samaanee ||

Those who are blessed by the Lord's Glance of Grace - their hearts are imbued with this Bani.

pIvhu AMimRqu sdw rhhu hir rMig jiphu swirgpwxI ]

peevahu a(n)mrith sadhaa rehahu har ra(n)g japihu saarigapaanee ||

Drink in this Ambrosial Nectar, and remain in the Lord's Love forever; meditate on the Lord, the Sustainer of the world.

khY nwnku sdw gwvhu eyh scI bwxI ]23]

kehai naanak sadhaa gaavahu eaeh sachee baanee ||23||

Says Nanak, sing this True Bani forever. ||23||

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://www.sikhitothemax.com/page.asp?ShabadID=3632

bwxI gurU gurU hY bwxI ivic bwxI AMimRqu swry ]

baanee guroo guroo hai baanee vich baanee a(n)mrith saarae ||

The Word, the Bani is Guru, and Guru is the Bani. Within the Bani, the Ambrosial Nectar is contained.

guru bwxI khY syvku jnu mwnY prqiK gurU insqwry ]5]

gur baanee kehai saevak jan maanai parathakh guroo nisathaarae ||5||

If His humble servant believes, and acts according to the Words of the Guru's Bani, then the Guru, in person, emancipates him. ||5||

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

wow!! http://www.sikhitothemax.com/page.asp?ShabadID=4066

ds imrgI shjy bMiD AwnI ]

dhas miragee sehajae ba(n)dhh aanee ||

I easily tied up the deer - the ten sensory organs.

pWc imrg byDy isv kI bwnI ]1]

paa(n)ch mirag baedhhae siv kee baanee ||1||

I shot five of the desires with the Word of the Lord's Bani. ||1||

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

***Gurbaani *** never ending Rass

Hard to answer this question... too many answers theoretically but practically, Im not even worth writing them...

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa,

Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

Satsriakal everyone reading this reply.

I'm not sure if this is is going to work but I'm going to add an attatchment. It is of Sant Baba Ranjit Singh Ji (Dhadrian Wale) brilliantly explaining this very topic. I hope this helps Balbir Singh Ji

Bhula Chuka Maf Karna

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa,

Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

SBRSJ_Quote.mp3

Pray Truth for all and Satsriakal!

Dear ms514 Ji!

You have put a question to avoid the answer.

Please go through Gurbani and let all know where our Gurus have suggested us to read Gurbani or any other Granth.

You see I am not asking you to stop reading Gurbani.

--------------

Dear Ladoo Ji!

You wrote "We recite Gurbani so that we can feed our soul."

Would you please explore how it works.

Have our Gurus also mentioned such results by reading Gurbani?

Balbir Singh

VJKK! VJKF!

Please go through Gurbani and let all know where our Gurus have suggested us to read Gurbani or any other Granth.

amazing Shabad: http://www.sikhitothemax.com/page.asp?ShabadID=272

har gun parreeai har gun guneeai ||

Read of the Lord's Glories and reflect upon the Lord's Glories.

har har naam kathhaa nith suneeai ||

Listen continually to the Sermon of the Naam, the Name of the Lord, Har, Har.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://www.sikhitothemax.com/page.asp?ShabadID=349

ho vaaree jeeo vaaree parr bujh ma(n)n vasaavaniaa ||

I am a sacrifice, my soul is a sacrifice, to those who read of the Lord, who understand and enshrine Him within their minds.

guramukh parrehi har naam salaahehi dhar sachai sobhaa paavaniaa ||1|| rehaao ||

The Gurmukhs read and praise the Lord's Name; they are honored in the True Court. ||1||Pause||

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Veerji, i might be confused about wat you are really asking... :doh: @

Why do we read Gurbaani? aint reading, singing or listening just the same thing coz Gurbaani is the same either way :)

Pul Chuk Maff _/\_

Pray Truth for all and say Satsriakal!

Deg Teg Fateh Ji!

Thanks for the wonderful references from Gurbani.

You referred the Guru's Vaak hir gux pVIAY hir gux guxIAY ] SGGS page 95-1

Would you please elaborate which book is 'hari gun'. Where is this book published and who is its author? Did any preacher instruct up to now what this is and how to read this?

You referred to another great Vaak from Gurdev gurmuiK pVih hir nwmu slwhih dir scY soBw pwvixAw SGGS page 127-9

The mouth of Guru reads, praises the name of Hari, in true place honor is received.

In my view, many have misinterpreted the word 'Gurmukh'. It is not enough to call our existence 'Gurmukh' and let the mind deceive us. Becoming the mouth of the Guru is possible when Guru speaks and ego vanishes.

This riddle is solved by those alone who come to know true Simran.

You asked " . . . aint reading, singing or listening just the same thing coz Gurbaani is the same either way?"

Is it reading, singing or listening about mangos is the same as mango and its taste?

I feel the preachers have mislead Sikhs a lot, specially in the present time. In their lectures they tell stories which have nothing to do with Guru's Updesh. They misguide Sikhs by giving examples of those who spent their life counting the numbers of Paaths. They predict innocent Sikhs the worse when other thoughts penetrate during Paath. They have a long list to guide you which are never mentioned by our Gurus.

They have become experts in misleading just because you have provided them a stage.

Gurdev has mentioned such preachers in Gurbani.

muK qy pVqw tIkw sihq ]

ihrdY rwmu nhI pUrn rhq ]

aupdysu kry kir lok idRVwvY ]

Apnw kihAw Awip n kmwvY ]1] SGGS page 887

Please ponder over this.

What is that what you miss even after attending so many lectures from Preachers?

What is that what you miss, even after reading Gurbani for a number of times?

Have our Gurus ever suggested us to attend such lectures?

Have our Gurus ever suggested us to read Gurbani or any Granth?

You may not search for another query after you come to know real JAP.

Love.

Balbir Singh