CASTE!!

gmb_sim

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

Sorry for replying to this message after so long but i have rescently learnt something that might help to clear some of the attitude I have seen in this thread.

Before Singh Sabha Gurdwara BFD was created everyone used to go to Guru Gobind Singh Gurdwara. Half of the comittee members wanted the comittee to consist of amritdhari's so that a good reputation would be established. In addition, everyone would abide by Guru Jee's teachings and not on personal opinion. This suggestion wasn't particularily favourable amongst the comittee and so a division within was created.

There used to be fights in the darbar sahib during sunday divan. I too can recall 3 occasions when people used to fight. I remember some singhs getting their dastaar knocked off, getting hit on their head with kara's which resulted in blood covering the chadra, swearing, etc; it was chaos. And all the women would be sat on one side thinking whats happening.

As the majority of the committee were not in favour of having an amritdhari committee, the ‘singhs’ did not want anymore fighting and were quite fed up and so they made Singh Sabha Gurdwara. In the end, the amritdhari committee idea was successful, as it has created a good impression on the sangat. I believe that all gurdwaray have this quality. It is even renowned for its ‘militant upbringing’ which is what Guru Gobind Singh Jee wanted.

I thought that some of the people including myself should have gone back to the roots of what actually happened before replying and making false judgements such as Singh Sabha being extremists, etc. etc.

Wahegur

oo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic