CASTE!!

gmb_sim

respect.gif Waheguru Ji respect.gif

In bradford the town i live in there is a really big split in sikhs ... ther used to be one gurdwara in bradford before .. guru gobind singh sikh gurdwara leeds road .. and many years back arguements used to take place about certan people not being able to touch the same dishes and cups as the 'jatts' .. aprox 19+ yrs b4!! now thier is 6 gurdwaras in bradford slowly slowly the sangat fell out with each other and decided to make new gurdwara's the latest being singh sabha gurdwara grant street. most of these gurdwarey are split up into caste r have a majoity of caste going to it ..eg leeds road 'Jatt populated' Ram garia bord 'tarkan ramgaria populated. I am wanting to work on a major project with the youth called one gurdwara bradford, i can see that the youth is alot closer to each rather than the older generation and one dus the youth will be part of the gurdwara's committe ?? i am wanting suggestions on how we can bring every1 together and agree with the plan of 1 gurdwara bradford ... i think this is really important for us as the split could even get worse and then maybe it would be too late!! could you please fill me in on suggestions it would be really apreseated.. and perhaps if you ever do come to bradford you will most likley see the devide .. we are the youth we can change this!!!

Gobind Marg Boys

Intoxicate us With his NAAM

Gur Fathe pray.gif

respect.gif Waheguru respect.gif

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WJKK WJKF....

Bhaji i can only agree wid u more. as a Singh from leeds i com 2 bradford now n agen, and even leeds aint as split up as Bradford. with all due respect 2 bradford... its full ov pakiz, which in my opinion play their usual role in messin round wid apneya kuriya. its nuttin new, but due 2 their shear population, its a considerable factor. also... wen i went 2 the bford Vaisakhi Nagar kirtan, i was ashamed 2 admit that it was spot the pagh vala... NOT spot the Monah. Sikhi starts at home... if parents are bringing up their kids as Moneh, then u hav an ardious task on ur hands. first try and bring the youth 2getha, bring them closer to Sikhi, and tha caste system will fade away itself. but until the youth embrace Sikhi.. ur task is next to impossible!

WJKK WJKF!

waheguru ji kekhalsa, waheguru ji ke fateh

Pyare jio, I saw the same thing when I moved to yorkshire 5 years ago. I was used to slough where we had one main gurdwara, plus the standard ramgarhia gurdwara. But here things are abit out of hand. I believe leeds has 5 aswell.

With so many problems here with youth, it is really sad how the community cannot get together. When we did our first leeds and bradford camp, we spoke against caste, and its negative impact on sikhs, and how it is not part if Gurmat. After the camp, the head of ramgarhia gurdwara said to me, all the kids came back from the camp not believing in caste. I said thats good then is it not? He replied no matter what we do, that he will always teach their kids that they are ramgarhias. Since then attendance at the camp from that gurdwara has been low.

I was amazed when I went to Ravidas gurdwara to invite them to the camp, they said to me I was first amritdhari from bradford to come there.

With leeds road, we had a clash when they decided to support right Hindu extremists, who openly speak against sikh Gurus, and sikhs. What I have realised that these people running these gurdwaras have no interest in Gurmat or Panth. They are just interested in their own egos, and pindoo politics. He said this to me, and he is like that.

So I started doing seva with Singh Sabha because at least they are Panthic, pro-youth, pro-sikhi, and pro-eduaction. We have a good thing going with alot of youth, 79 at last count, who do seva from leeds and bradford.

Lets get ourselves strong in sikhi and help others. as far as gurdwaras here, I see many of them closing in next 5 years. Only those with youth will survi

ve, which are Singh sabha Bradford, and Chapeltown leeds. The rest from their own predjudices, lack of gurmat education and support, and anti-gurmat practices are finishing themselves.

waheguru ji kekhalsa, waheguru ji ke fateh

By the way if you want to regularly know what is going on in the area, join leedsandbradfordsikhs@yahoogroups

Mod Note: Post accidently sent to moderators/admins by user id jagjit_waheguru

i know singh sabha bradford really well and i think they made a right choice to split from leeds road gurudwara, leeds road gurudwara has no sangat....i've gone der a couple of times there is no sangat at all just guys girls hangin around outside like their at some club the only people i saw sittin in the darbaar sahib were old people... :T:

loads of ravidaas youth come to singh sabha..which other gurudwara would let this happen?

i hav heard some bad things also about leeds road camp but i don't wanna get into that...

With leeds road, we had a clash when they decided to support right Hindu extremists, who openly speak against sikh Gurus, and sikhs. What I have realised that these people running these gurdwaras have no interest in Gurmat or Panth. They are just interested in their own egos, and pindoo politics. He said this to me, and he is like that.
thats very true only singh sabha took a strong stand while leeds road lot didn't even give a damn as they supported it..and might i add that this hindu mandir has the biggest RSS members in it
Only those with youth wil

l survive, which are Singh sabha Bradford, and Chapeltown leeds. The rest from their own predjudices, lack of gurmat education and support, and anti-gurmat practices are finishing themselves.

loads of people have become gursikhs by meeting the sangat at these gurudwaraz..

intressting thoughts my pyarey gursikhs .. but we need methods in how to make the youth come together not to disscuss the gud and bad points of the gurdwara's.. its intressting that u mentioned the RSS movement .. i dont no alot about thgis my self and could you let me know how leeds road 'supports' them .. i thought that was the problm as ravidass pavan .. singh sabha has a good mentallity of thinkin how could we attract all the sangat to one gurdwara .. long term plans for me in my life time if possible make one big gurdwara in bradford.. how can we achive that ?? Gur Fathe pray.gif