Karaah Parshaad

Waheguru ji ka Khalsa!!!!

Waheguru ji ki Fateh!!!!

Saadh sangat ji,

main aap ji de sahmne apna ik sawaal rakh reha haan.

Main eh janna chahnda haan ke Karaah Parshaad di sikh dharam vich ki mahatata hai??? te har jagah te Karaah Parshaad as basic Parshaad kyun vartaaya janda hai?? ate hor kujh as Parshaad kyon nahi vartaya janda.

My question is as to what is the significance of "Karaah Parshaad" in Sikhism???

i.e. Why "Karaah Parshaad" is served as the BASIC Parshaad n anything else is an add on....???

Waheguru ji ki Fateh!!!!

its heavy because if your hungry, that quenches your hunger,

so no real excuse why you cant concentrate on simran and sewa. when the kirpan is not made to cut the prashad, it remains as karah, but the reason why we have the kirpaan to cut it is because kirpaan is a symbol of shaakti, so by eating karah prashaad, you will get shaakti.

however, by having a whole load of karah prashaad shoved down ones gob does not have any real benefits, karah prashad di true shakti can be seen if a little bit is eaten.

im not sure but was karah prahshad served back in the gurus days also?

if thats the case, it could well explain why we normally have karah prahshaad.

gustaphi maaf

its heavy because if your hungry, that quenches your hunger,

so no real excuse why you cant concentrate on simran and sewa. when the kirpan is not made to cut the prashad, it remains as karah, but the reason why we have the kirpaan to cut it is because kirpaan is a symbol of shaakti, so by eating karah prashaad, you will get shaakti.

however, by having a whole load of karah prashaad shoved down ones gob does not have any real benefits, karah prashad di true shakti can be seen if a little bit is eaten.

im not sure but was karah prahshad served back in the gurus days also?

if thats the case, it could well explain why we normally have karah prahshaad.

gustaphi maaf

115148[/snapback]

yh also.. ive read that the name PRASHAAD has come from the Word: Gur PRASAAD (dont confuse the 2!!), as in Guru Ji's blessings. And you will only get this blessing through Kara Prashaad IF you eat only a little, not big massive chunks..

But a manmukh that i am.. when i was young, I used to love the taste of Prashaad and would ask for more n more blush.gif

me same, we used to eat it on our side and then see the nearest available prashae uncle and run there and then on the other mens side, my brother/cousins would b doin the same frm their side, it was like a mini prashad competition.

mind you though we were so full afterwards we could hardly play nehting and sat round watchin cartoons :kid:

aahhh, prashad the good old days rolleyes.gif

nowadays im always like swayia ji, swayia ji(only alittle please), whcih seems likewrong thing to say blush.gif

yh also.. ive read that the name PRASHAAD has come from the Word: Gur PRASAAD (dont confuse the 2!!), as in Guru Ji's blessings. And you will only get this blessing through Kara Prashaad IF you eat only a little, not big massive chunks.

ahhh thank you bhenji, i was running after where we got the name prashad from, but of course my bad enlgih played up and everyone thought i was asking a different question.

so exactly, after a year, i get my answer to where we got the name "prahshad from"

thank you so much!!! :wub: :wub: :wub:

But a manmukh that i am.. when i was young, I used to love the taste of Prashaad and would ask for more n more

seeing my grandad knew all the babi at the gurdwara, they would slop 2 handfuls.

and even at akhand paaths, there would normally be two people giving out karah prashad (i remember this in india, when i was like 5), i went to my mums side where the man gave me a huge chunk of prahshaad nd then id go to the mens side and someone would slop this huge mountain size of karah prashaad.

what i have been told is, if one is supposed to do sewa, one should never eat karah prashaad or consume langar (or if its a must, always have a little bit), something to do with your adding debt to your head or something like that, or removing your own debt (by doing sewa) and then adding someone elses by eating the langar.

im just curious if theres any sakhis to back that up?

nowadays im always like swayia ji, swayia ji(only alittle please), whcih seems likewrong thing to say

lol, i prefer not to even take in prahshad nowadays, you say kinka or swaiye, the sewadars just look at you and give prahshad in the shape of a soccer ball!

maybe its just our local gurdwara that does that? grin.gif

gustaphi maaf

Khalsa Ji

Karah parshad.

When Guru Nanak Dev ji was asked, what is it that a infnat, toddler, teenager, young person, middle age, old age, person can eat. That is where Guru Nanak Dev ji answered with the Karah Parshad that gets served in Gurudwaras.

Vaheguru Ji Ka Khalsa

Vaheguru Ji Ki Fateh

Waheguru ji ki Fateh!!!!

Saadh sangat ji,

Main eh janna chahnda haan ke Karaah Parshaad di sikh dharam vich ki mahatata hai??? te har jagah te Karaah Parshaad as basic Parshaad kyun vartaaya janda hai?? ate hor kujh as Parshaad kyon nahi vartaya janda.

My question is as to what is the significance of "Karaah Parshaad" in Sikhism???

i.e. Why "Karaah Parshaad" is served as the BASIC Parshaad n anything else is an add on....???

Waheguru ji ki Fateh!!!!

115146[/snapback]

give me u r email i have all the history behind it with i will mail u

as the cassette from where i listened is with a friend

and i do not remember it correctly

yh also.. ive read that the name PRASHAAD has come from the Word: Gur PRASAAD (dont confuse the 2!!), as in Guru Ji's blessings. And you will only get this blessing through Kara Prashaad IF you eat only a little, not big massive chunks.

ahhh thank you bhenji, i was running after where we got the name prashad from, but of course my bad enlgih played up and everyone thought i was asking a different question.

so exactly, after a year, i get my answer to where we got the name "prahshad from"

thank you so much!!! :wub: :wub: :wub:

But a manmukh that i am.. when i was young, I used to love the taste of Prashaad and would ask for more n more

seeing my grandad knew all the babi at the gurdwara, they would slop 2 handfuls.

and even at akhand paaths, there would normally be two people giving out karah prashad (i remember this in india, when i was like 5), i went to my mums side where the man gave me a huge chunk of prahshaad nd then id go to the mens side and someone would slop this huge mountain size of karah prashaad.

what i have been told is, if one is supposed to do sewa, one should never eat karah prashaad or consume langar (or if its a must, always have a little bit), something to do with your adding debt to your head or something like that, or removing your own debt (by doing sewa) and then adding someone elses by eating the langar.

im just curious if theres any sakhis to back that up?

115243[/snapback]

OYEE IM A PARJI :wub: lol!!! K51NGH = my username n my name is written in signature!! :wub: ah koina gave me a good laff early morning. ive herd many people call me weird names but penji just dun it LOL.gif

PS: i fink i need pills :doh: @ itws 2 pm n i still saying its morning.. HELP!! no.gif

Waheguru ji ki Fateh!!!!

Saadh sangat ji,

Waheguru ji ki Fateh!!!!

115146[/snapback]

give me u r email i have all the history behind it with i will mail u

as the cassette from where i listened is with a friend

and i do not remember it correctly

115553[/snapback]

Please can u write or copy n paste the history on this forum too.. lol i wanna know the history behind it please.

WAHEGURU JI KA KHALSA WAHEGURU JI KI FATEH.

Guest Sikh_Singh_Khalsa

I think in old times it was known as some other name or i think DEGH.

as we say "DEGH TEGH FATEH"

I will research more and read some more books.

Remeber i have book old from 1900 and some are hand written more older than 1900 but are copies of original.