Contribute Some Paths

sewak sikh

I tottaly agree. Shri Guru granth sahib ji maharaj is more then just japji sahib. We do japji sahib daily in the mourning. what is it gonna matter if we do it 1300 times. We should learn listen and UNDERSTAND!!!!! im stressing understand really much because gurbani is our path. If we apply what guru maharaj is saying it will only benifet us. My belief is that we should learn and understand bani rather then just doing 1300 japji sahib paths before the slotted date. Im not stopping you from doing it but this is my belief.

Bhul Chuk Maff

Waheguru ji ka khalsa Waheguru ji ki fateh

Veer Ji, I am confused, I believe that if i do paath it will benefit me only, by me prasing God how can I donate that?????? I also believe that number is useless, if I do the Jap Ji Sahib once with my heart into it, it can not be compared to somone doing Jap Ji sahib 500 times like a duty. Number does not matter. It is a common Hindu belief that the more time you repeat the paath the more you will benefit, and also Brahamins do paath to benefit others.

I am truly sorry if I have offended anyone, but these are my ture beliefs.

Btw, there is a big difference if you are doing paath infront of them like, kirtan, becuase you are giving them bliss.

116564[/snapback]

actually many ppl through our history have done paath for others and had their ardases for others heard.... in ardas why do we say SARBAT DA BHALLA? isnt that ardas for the world... not just ourselves? so that in itself shows u c an do paath and ardas for others... also dont u know that sakhi where the bibi who had a high avastha was walking and she saw a suffering animal and she did ardas for her to get out of pain, once she did ardas she felt as if she lost something, the animal got better but her avastha dropped because she 'gave it away' to the animal. guru ji than explained to her why this happened.

and although u need to do paath with ur whole heart and mind in it, u are fooling urself if u think u can do that over nite.... the way to get to that stage is to work up to it, to build ur concentration and dedication.... how do u do this? you set goals eg. today i will do 5 japji sahibs, 2moromw i will do 10 jap ji sahibs... today i wil do naam simran with full conecntration for 10 min, 2morow i will for 20 min.... u have to set number goals in order to improve.... until u have any sort of avastha built up counting paaths is very useful... this will eventually enable u to do paath with full concentration... but if u thin u cna get full concentration for a full jap ji sahib, where u contemplate every single tuk and meditate on it and put it in ur heart, say it with ur mouth, and absorb it with ur ears just like that,, ur kidding urself...

Veer Ji, I am confused, I believe that if i do paath it will benefit me only, by me prasing God how can I donate that?????? I also believe that number is useless, if I do the Jap Ji Sahib once with my heart into it, it can not be compared to somone doing Jap Ji sahib 500 times like a duty. Number does not matter. It is a common Hindu belief that the more time you repeat the paath the more you will benefit, and also Brahamins do paath to benefit others.

I am truly sorry if I have offended anyone, but these are my ture beliefs.

Btw, there is a big difference if you are doing paath infront of them like, kirtan, becuase you are giving them bliss.

116564[/snapback]

actually many ppl through our history have done paath for others and had their ardases for others heard.... in ardas why do we say SARBAT DA BHALLA? isnt that ardas for the world... not just ourselves? so that in itself shows u c an do paath and ardas for others... also dont u know that sakhi where the bibi who had a high avastha was walking and she saw a suffering animal and she did ardas for her to get out of pain, once she did ardas she felt as if she lost something, the animal got better but her avastha dropped because she 'gave it away' to the animal. guru ji than explained to her why this happened.

and although u need to do paath with ur whole heart and mind in it, u are fooling urself if u think u can do that over nite.... the way to get to that stage is to work up to it, to build ur concentration and dedication.... how do u do this? you set goals eg. today i will do 5 japji sahibs, 2moromw i will do 10 jap ji sahibs... today i wil do naam simran with full conecntration for 10 min, 2morow i will for 20 min.... u have to set number goals in order to improve.... until u have any sort of avastha built up counting paaths is very useful... this will eventually enable u to do paath with full concentration... but if u thin u cna get full concentration for a full jap ji sahib, where u contemplate every single tuk and meditate on it and put it in ur heart, say it with ur mouth, and absorb it with ur ears just like that,, ur kidding urself...

116568[/snapback]

Veer Ji, I understand the ardas because we are praying for others to God, but when prasining God, it neither benefits God nor other people, it just builds the love for God in you.

As for the number in doing paath, it seems like we are running laps for a fundraiser, I believe, remember this is just my belief, that if you concentrate hard enought prasing God with one word, it cant not be compared to saying that one word millions of times like a duty.