Amrit

hardykaur

Sat Sri Akal:

While the Panj Pyare are indeed the Guru Saroop, they can ONLY be such if they reflect the proper Gurmat in the Rehat imparted. A Sikh also has the responsibility in making sure that he/she is actually committing to those who represent the Guru. IF (and this is a BIG IF) the Panj Pyare are giving the Sikhs Rehat that excludes the requirement of a Kirpan and Kesh, then they cannot be considered Panj Pyare, as that Rehat is firmly implanted into Sikhi. They have violated the concepts that are present in Gurmat and therefore are not the true image of the Guru.

Of course, your family member could be making it up. If not, then the Sangat can and should indeed investigate those "Panj Pyare" before they impart the incorrect path to anyone else.

Remember that Guru Sahib himself wrote the following:

< sRI vwihgurU jI kI Pqih ]

sRi muKvwk pwiqswhI 1oooooo0 ]

inswin isKI eIN pMj hriP Asq kwP ]

hrigj nw bwsd eIN pMj muAwP ] 1]

kVw kwrdo k`C kMGy ibdW ]

iblw kys hyc Asq jumly insW ] 2]

hrP hkwieq Asq AjI pMj kwP]

ibdw nMd bwvr n goXm iKlwP ] 3]

hu`kw hjwmq hlwlo hrwm ]

bwrIsy ihnw krd rU isXw Pwm ] 4] 1]

(AsPokt sÍYXy, sRI dsm gRMQ)

The following five K's are the mark of Sikhi.These five can never be parted from the body. Kara, Kirpan, Kashera, Kangha, recognise these as four of them.The fifth is Kesh, without which the other four are useless. There are also four H's which must be avoided. Understand this without any doubt, no lies have been told. Hukka, taking tobacco (including any other type of intoxicants). Hajamat, removing of hair. Halalo, eating meat. Haram, adultery (sexual relationships outside of marriage). These are the four H's. Dyeing of beards (including any other body hair), and the wearing of mehndi (including other types of make up) are strictly forbidden. (Sri Dasam Granth)

Guest Sikh_Singh_Khalsa
Why guru ji told us to take this dunaavi amrit?

This amrit we take is just a water mixed with some PATASA's

It;s just a thing to help you meet with GOD real amrit is made as following:-

as guru nanak said no to wear dunaavi janau and told us to wear the janau made by gods name and said that this janau made with gods name will stay with you always so is the Amrit, cause i think amrit u drink not stays always with you ( Come out from ur body by urination, sweat etc.) or if someone says it stays then it don't stay sfter u die cause its in u rbody and body is burned along with this amri made by patasa and water

Real Amrit is the Ras you get by taking Gods Name i think known as Beer Ras, Guru Ji Made this amrit and teid us to god so that we can get the real amrit this is a road that leadsus to real amrit, amrit of shabad and shabad take us to waheguru. and this real amrit always stays with u even when u r ody is not with u because this amrit went into each single part of ur ATMA or ROOH

That is my thinking.............. any questions...??

Sat Sri Akal:

Sikh Singh Khalsa, what makes you think that the Panj Pyare are just passing around Sharbat? The importance of Amrit is not something that can simply be rationalized by the worldly actions of mixing sugar Patasas into water.

Please read the following text for more understanding:

http://akj.org.uk/literature/article.asp?b...rmat&f=amrit-05

Guest Sikh_Singh_Khalsa
Sat Sri Akal:

Sikh Singh Khalsa, what makes you think that the Panj Pyare are just passing around Sharbat?  The importance of Amrit is not something that can simply be rationalized by the worldly actions of mixing sugar Patasas into water. 

Please read the following text for more understanding:

http://akj.org.uk/literature/article.asp?b...rmat&f=amrit-05

116098[/snapback]

Khasa Ji, I think u just provided us the link but never red yourself.

Please take some time to read the link you told me to read.

Sat Sri Akal:

I have...multiple times. The above post seems to point to the Amrit being just some empty ritual of drinking some Patasha sweetned water. However, the link provided states that the Amrit imparted by the Panj Pyare is not just sugar water, but rather transformed to something wholly different. The Gurbani and concentration of the Panj Pyare transform the physical mixture of sugar water into something more. It plants the seed of Gursikhi in the individual and does not merely leave the person upon making a trip to the restroom.

Guest Sikh_Singh_Khalsa
Sat Sri Akal:

I have...multiple times.  The above post seems to point to the Amrit being just some empty ritual of drinking some Patasha sweetned water.  However, the link provided states that the Amrit imparted by the Panj Pyare is not just sugar water, but rather transformed to something wholly different.    The Gurbani and concentration of the Panj Pyare transform the physical mixture of sugar water into something more.  It plants the seed of Gursikhi in the individual and does not merely leave the person upon making a trip to the restroom.

116112[/snapback]

What i sadi meets wht it says in the link it is just a way the real amrit is gods name.

bhaji please read the whole wrriten in the link