Khalsa Camp [uk] 2005

Baldeep Singh

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!

Khalsa Camp... hmmm what can I say... I think Bhai Jasbir Singh summed it up perfectly.... truly "wicked innit"! LOL.gifblush.gif

The talks were very inspirational and of a really high standard. They were informative and structured, and relied almost entirely on quotes from Gurbani to illustrate ideas and themes expressed.

The Amrit Vela, Nitnem and keertan sessions were awesome! :wub: As was the langar di Seva! I really liked how it was all done in truly Gurmat manner; with all langar being made and served whilst reciting Waheguroo Simran and/or Bani.... and it was brilliant that alot of the Seva was done by the Campers themselves, including Paath, keertan and langar. :TH:

In terms of improvements, I agree that more time should be allocated to the Workshops... there was soooo many and they were all so appealing... but due to lack of time we couldn't fit all of them in... perhaps fewer activities and more Workshops.... or make Camp last longer so everyone can experience everything on offer? grin.gif

It was sad to leave on the Friday but the coach journey on the way back really ended Camp in a fantastic way.... the London coach was singing keertan most of the way back with all the Bhai Manpreet Singh classics.... Nahee Shode Re Baba Raam Naam, Raangan Raango Seevan Seevo, Mul Kareedhee Laala Gola, Gur Khin Khin Preet, Baba Man Matvaro....... awwwww man it was tooooo good!!! :wub:

Anyways, a massive thanks to all the Sevadaars who made Khalsa Camp what it was... may Guroo Jee bless you with Udham and Upraala to continue with such superb Seva and make future Camps even better!! I guess the most important lesson from Camp is to implement all that we have learnt in our lives now amongst our other daily activities! hmmmmmmmm pray.gif

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Vahegurooo Jee Kaaa Khalsaaaaah, Vahegurooo Jee Keee Fateeeeh!

I wish I could have gone to Bhai Kulbir Singhs grammar class - I hear it was great.  Maybe a sewadar could put this on the web for everyones benefit?  I would have preferred shorter activity times in turn for more workshop time.

117444[/snapback]

I have two of em and I will be putting em on a DVD set....

I miss camp!

Me too and the sangat.

Vahegurooo Jee Kaaa Khalsaaaaah, Vahegurooo Jee Keee Fateeeeh!

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

I managed to go to two of the Viyakaran classes. They were a real eye-opener on how lax today's Granthi's have become.

Anyways, Kulbir Singh was saying that they intend to organise an Internet or Interactive Software program for Gurbani Viyakaran in the near future. He also said that Gurudwara Tapoban Sahib may be holding a Viyakaran camp sometime in December.

London Singh ... that shabad at Amritvela "baabeehaa a(n)mrith vaelai boliaa thaa(n) dhar sunee pukaar ||" sung by Sukhwinder Singh was truly inspirational!!! WOW :wub:

Waheguroo

Vahegurooo Jeee Kaaaa Khalsaaaaah, Vahegurooo Jeee Keee Fateeeeeh,

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

London Singh ... that shabad at Amritvela "baabeehaa a(n)mrith vaelai boliaa thaa(n) dhar sunee pukaar ||" sung by Sukhwinder Singh was truly inspirational!!! WOW :wub:

Waheguroo

117489[/snapback]

Yep, captured that shabad on me camcorder .... Patience is a virtue and best come to those who wait..... All this is coming your way.... in due time :e:

Dont be shy add your views and opinions :T: ...

Can someone scan the helpsheet onto the web?

I will see what I can do... I need to confirmation from the Khalsa Executives to do so.

Vahegurooo Jeee Kaaaa Khalsaaaaah, Vahegurooo Jeee Keee Fateeeeeh.

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa, Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh!

Yeah, I'm working on that patience thing btw Paaji Baldeep Singh ji are the DVDs ready yet?

Who can remember the Shabad that the Toronto Singhs recited before lectures? Was it this Shabad? It was beautiful!

pourree ||

Pauree:

hae achuth hae paarabreham abinaasee aghanaas ||

O Immovable Lord, O Supreme Lord God, Imperishable, Destroyer of sins:

hae pooran hae sarab mai dhukh bha(n)jan gunathaas ||

O Perfect, All-pervading Lord, Destroyer of pain, Treasure of virtue:

hae sa(n)gee hae nira(n)kaar hae niragun sabh ttaek ||

O Companion, Formless, Absolute Lord, Support of all:

hae gobidh hae gun nidhhaan jaa kai sadhaa bibaek ||

O Lord of the Universe, Treasure of excellence, with clear eternal understanding:

hae apara(n)par har harae hehi bhee hovanehaar ||

Most Remote of the Remote, Lord God: You are, You were, and You shall always be.

hae sa(n)theh kai sadhaa sa(n)g nidhhaaraa aadhhaar ||

O Constant Companion of the Saints, You are the Support of the unsupported.

hae t(h)aakur ho dhaasaro mai niragun gun nehee koe ||

O my Lord and Master, I am Your slave. I am worthless, I have no worth at all.

naanak dheejai naam dhaan raakho heeai paroe ||55||

Nanak: grant me the Gift of Your Name, Lord, that I may string it and keep it within my heart. ||55||

Panji mkaur13, the journey back sounds great! Guys please share your other special experiences of Khalsa Camp pray.gif

Waheguru Jee Ka Khalsa

Waheguru Jee Ki Fateh

Me also missing the camp and the Sangat. It was just great being surrounded by hundreds of sikhs walking on the Guru's path..we all had a similar objective. It was amazing....

Im back at work.. And Im's the only Sikh… no.gif At the camp I was doing things which I enjoy doing - Naam, Bani, Simran, Sewa, singing Keertan

I felt that I was able to be my self…not having to put up an act (if you can understand what I mean). It was just great..

Hey but Im not alone - My Guru is with me. :TH:

One of the special moments of the camp was Bhai Jasbir Singh's talk on the relationship between "Sikh and Satguru" - It was just amazing….. No words to describe it - can't wait to see the DVD.

It was amazing to see the amount of pyaar that Bhai Jasbir Singh had for Guru Jee and him telling and talking about the special relationship that a Sikh has with Guru Jee. He did vichar of a shabad in the Sukhmani Sahib:

sathigur sikh kee karai prathipaal ||

The True Guru cherishes His Sikh.

saevak ko gur sadhaa dhaeiaal ||

The Guru is always merciful to His servant.

sikh kee gur dhuramath mal hirai ||

The Guru washes away the filth of the evil intellect of His Sikh.

gur bachanee har naam oucharai ||

Through the Guru's Teachings, he chants the Lord's Name.

sathigur sikh kae ba(n)dhhan kaattai ||

The True Guru cuts away the bonds of His Sikh.

gur kaa sikh bikaar thae haattai ||

The Sikh of the Guru abstains from evil deeds.

sathigur sikh ko naam dhhan dhaee ||

The True Guru gives His Sikh the wealth of the Naam.

gur kaa sikh vaddabhaagee hae ||

The Sikh of the Guru is very fortunate.

sathigur sikh kaa halath palath savaarai ||

The True Guru arranges this world and the next for His Sikh.

naanak sathigur sikh ko jeea naal samaarai ||1||

O Nanak, with the fullness of His heart, the True Guru mends His Sikh. ||1||

This is what our Guru Jee does for his Sikhs. The talk certainly brought a few tears down my cheeks which I just could not control. :wub:

May Guru Jee bless us all with the darshan of such Gursikhs:

"Jina Dey Miliaa Tera Naam Chit Aaave"

Waheguru Jee Ka Khalsa

Waheguru Jee Ki Fateh

Panji Kaur1978, I am in a similar boat. You have hit the nail on the head - The Guru is ALWAYS with us! :wub:

gur maerai sa(n)g sadhaa hai naalae ||

My Guru is always with me, near at hand.

Plus, Guru ji has done kirpa by allowing us to keep online sangat even at work!

Thanks for reminding us about Bhai Jasvir Singh's lecture - my moorakh mind needs reminding, so I too can't wait to see the DVD -no pressure Baldeep Singh ji! :wub: