Bowing Down To Guru Ji

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa, Waheguru Ji Fateh

When Guru Granth Sahib Ji has been taken to their resting place after sukhaasan is it still ok to bow down to the takht where guru ji was avaiable for darshan? The same applies before morning parkaash.

I go and mutha tek even if guru ji is not there because I feel that this place is where my guru ji sits and that's the first thing you do when entering maharaj's darbar and to just to go and sit down and mutha tek from a distance seems a bit rude - although it can feel a bit odd.

I would like to know your views

Bhul chuk maaf

Baljivan Singh

Hmm....

What u need to think about is what the act of matha tek means.

It's not just out of respect, or a "hey how u doin?" but more of a spiritual connection. You're not doing matha tek to the Palki, you're doing it to the divine wisdom enshrined within...

You are placing yourself before your guru and asking, please take this disease ridden mind of mine and replace it all with your divine knowledge and grace.

Take my Manmat and replace it with your Gurmat.

When Guru ji is in Sachkhand, all that's left there is the empty wooden palki, so ask yourself, what exactly are you doing matha tek to?

Regards

Gursharan Singh

hmmmmmmmmmmm...............i don't matha tek when there is no parkash.....and i don't think it is right because we are only supposed to bow down to guru ji not the palki or rumallas........respect them yes...but matha tek no

116440[/snapback]

SAME HERE ! :TH: BUT WT I DO SOMETIMES IS MATHA TEK FACING TOWARDS THE SACH KHAND WHERE GURU JI IS

BHULL CHUKK MUAFF

we only believe in shabad guru. We matha tek to shabad guru sri guru granth sahib. the palki is not shabad guru. If you bow to places where our Gurus have been, well then there goes the sikh saying that sikhs don't believe in sacred places and shrines. Because people have akhand paath in their homes, usually when they get a new house, i doubt you will bow in your living room every day cause sggs's bir was there...

bhul chuk muaf..

Guest Sikh_Singh_Khalsa
How about if u have gur granth sahib saved in laptop?

Isn't that guru granth sahib...shabas guru because everything tht is in guru granth sahib is in you laptop and well saved.................. and is the same thing...

This thing i heared from a singh and it confusues me.. :wub: @ & make me hmmm.gif