School Orders To Surrender Kara & Kirpan

sarblohsingh2004

Vaheguru Jee Ka Khalsa, Vaheguru Jee Kee Fateh !

http://www.sikhsangat.org/publish/article_441.shtml

School orders to surrender kara & kirpan

By Tribune India

Sep 26, 2005, 20:48

Sikh students have been banned to wear kirpan and kara in Shiwalik Public School run by the district administration in Ropar city. The school Principal, in her written orders, a copy of which is also available with The Tribune, said the students were not permitted to wear any such objects that may be sharp, including heavy karas and kirpans. The orders were sent to the parents of each student in the school.

The order said these things were strictly prohibited in the school. If any student was found wearing them, these would be impounded and the bearer would be fined Rs 500 besides disciplinary action.

Besides the kirpan and kara, other things which were banned, included mobile phone, gold and silver jewellery, cash, CDs and cassettes and also in driving to school on two-wheelers.

The SGPC has decided to launch an agitation against the decision of the school authorities. An SGPC member, Mr Gurinder Singh Gogi, said if the administration would not withdraw the circular issued by the school authorities, then the SGPC would launch a statewide agitation against it, he added. It was unfortunate the students of Punjab had to face such kind of discriminations.

The decision of the school authorities met with widespread resentment among parents of the Sikh students. On conditions of the anonymity they said that kara and kirpan were compulsory for a baptised Sikh. It was unfortunate the school run by the administration was hurting sentiments of Sikhs. They also decided to take up matter with the higher authorities.

When contacted the Principal of school, Ms Gurpreet Mathur, said that order was passed due to the safety of the students and not to hurt sentiments of Sikh community. As even in small dispute, the students could hurt each other with a kara and kirpan. She said tomorrow she would take necessary amendments in the order so that baptised Sikh students could carry things as per their religious beliefs.

yea

and lets ban her from wearing cloths. Kirpan and Kara is like our cloths.. our necessasity.. like we have to wear cloths in order to live this worldy life, we have to wear kakars in order to live spirtual life.

:)

All i can say is that hindustan will try an do anything they can to try an end sikhi in their cuntry.

If they really want his give us KHALISTAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry but stuff that involves our brothers an sisters always peevs me off espesh wen it in hindustan.

Gosh even the british government are better to us sikhs then in india an we helped get india where it is now(well my grandparents etc etc)

All i can say is that this is all gettin pathetic ok ban mobiles n stuff cus they jus accesories but kara n kirpan. Bloody hell man y dont they ban wearing a tikka(u know the one that hindus wear afta doin their morin prayers) oh an the hijjab an while they at it why not jus ask ppl not to wear clothes n stuff at all then they can't complain about anything except ugly bodies.

Gosh ppl get a life aint they got anything else such as help poverty rather than singling out sikhs.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

• Topics

• The Mind is Jyot Saroop (Waheguru), but the mind is under the influence of five evils… Through Naam Simran( Rememberance), the mind will begin to detach from evil, and get back to its original form ( MANN TU JYOT SAROOP HEH)… Until the mind breaks free from the five evils, one will go through the cycle of paap and punn….which leads to Karma… Naam Simran destroys past karma, and prevents new karma coming into fruition… I did this, I did that… This non realisation of the Jyot Saroop gives rise to paap and Punn, which in turn gives birth to suffering and misery…
    • I agree we're not born with sin like the Christians think. Also I agree we have effects of karma. But Gurbani does state that the body contains both sin and charity (goodness): ਕਾਇਆ ਅੰਦਰਿ ਪਾਪੁ ਪੁੰਨੁ ਦੁਇ ਭਾਈ ॥ Within the body are the two brothers sin and virtue. p126 Actually, we do need to be saved. Gurbani calls this "udhaar" (uplift). Without Satguru, souls are liable to spiritual death: ਜਿਨਾ ਸਤਿਗੁਰੁ ਪੁਰਖੁ ਨ ਭੇਟਿਓ ਸੇ ਭਾਗਹੀਣ ਵਸਿ ਕਾਲ ॥ p40 Those who have not met Satguru Purakh are unfortunate and liable to death. So, yeah, we do need to be saved, and Guru ji does the saving. The reason Satguru is the one to save is because God has given Satguru the "key" (kunji): ਸਤਿਗੁਰ ਹਥਿ ਕੁੰਜੀ ਹੋਰਤੁ ਦਰੁ ਖੁਲੈ ਨਾਹੀ ਗੁਰੁ ਪੂਰੈ ਭਾਗਿ ਮਿਲਾਵਣਿਆ ॥੭॥ In the True Guru's hand is the key. None else can open the door. By perfect good fortune the Guru is met. p124
    • That's unfortunate to hear. Could you give any more information? Who was this "baba"? He just disappeared with people's money? Obviously, you should donate your money to known institutions or poor people that you can verify the need of through friends and family in Punjab.
    • Sangat ji,  I know a family who went Sevewal to do seva sometimes end of 2019. They returned last year in great dismay and heart broken.  To repent for their mistakes they approached panj pyaare. The Panj gave them their punishment / order to how t make it up which, with Kirpa, they fulfilled.  They were listening to a fake Baba who, in the end, took all the "Donations " and fled sometime over a year ago. For nearly 4 years this family (who are great Gursikhs once u get to know them) wasted time and effort for this fake Baba. NOT ONLY this one fam. But many, many did worldwide and they took their fam to do seva, in village Sevewal, city Jaitho in Punjab. In the end many families lost money in thousands being behind this Baba. The family, on return, had to get in touch with all the participants and told them to stop.  I am stating this here to create awareness and we need to learn from whom we follow and believe. It's no easy but if we follow the 3 S (Sangat, Simran and Seva) we will be shown the light. As I am writing this the family in question have been doing the same since 2008 onwards and they fell for this Baba... it is unbelievable and shocking.  This am writing in a nutshell as am at work on my break so not lengthy but it deserves a great length.  Especially the family in question, who shed light on youngsters about Sikhi 20 plus years!! 
    • Giani Kulwant Singh Jawaddi Kalan uses simple Punjabi.

Important Information

Terms of Use