Why All Sikhs Are Born With Hair?

Satsriakal to all!

Kawaldeep Singh Atwal Ji!

I have attended many classes of our Gurus. But I never found THEM giving explanations to convince why Sikhs should keep hair.

This is another incident that THEY revealed this secret.

I feel that Guru and teacher are two different engagements. A teacher cannot entangle the Guru with his worldly learning. The Guru may enlighten a teacher with God's Wisdom.

--------------

ms514 Ji!

You wrote "Yes, the veiled insults continue...please keep them coming...perhaps you will lighten my own sins."

Earning of sins is the matter of every individual person. Only God's Grace and Guru's Prasaad may enlighten you.

You wrote further "Then do Paath and become a Sikh. The Guru will reveal directly to you."

I just talked to my Gurus who made me A Sikh long back. I didn't have the feeling that they are not happy because I was not doing Paath in their Satsang.

Balbir Singh

Satsriakal to all and Khãlsã Ji!

This is an earnest request to all on this forum.

Please provide the reference with page number of Gurbani when you quote the Gurshabad.

I am not able to find your reference in Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji and Sri Dasam Granth Sahib Ji.

Balbir Singh

123406[/snapback]

So veerjee then what's your point?

Satsriakal to all!

This query may interest people of the whole world.

God gave hair to all human beings.

Why Guru Gobind Singh Ji gave Sikhs hair again as one of the five Kakaars?

Please express your views.

Balbir Singh

123365[/snapback]

Perhaps expressing your own view first would shed some light on what it is that you are asking.

dear balbir singh ji,

I THINK AM NOT A BIG SCHOLAR OR WHAT WHO CAN COMMENT ON GURUJI'S GIFT TO US... BUT AS FAR AS MY FEELINGS SAY THAT KEEPING HAIRS IS COZ THEY CONSIDER IT ALIVE PART OF OUR BODY AND CUTTING ANYTHING ALIVE IS NOT CONSIDERED GOOD...

THE SECOND SCIENTIFIC REASON IS THAT HAIRS HELPS KEEPING THE SWEATING GOING FROM UR BODY AND KEEPS UR BODY CLEAN FROM MANY DISEASES...

THIRDLY I DONT KNOW THIS IS RIGHT OR WRONG BUT SINCE WE ARE LIONS (SINGH) AND LIONS HAVE HAIRS AND BEARD AND SO DO WE... AND FOURTHLY ITS A IDENTITY GIVEN TO US BY OUR RESPECTED GURU...

SO AS PER MY FEELING.... RELIGIOS AND SCIENTIFIC REASONS ARE BOTH THERE WHICH MADE GURUJI'S TO KEEP THE HAIRS TO US

FATEH

Satsriakal to all!

Kawaldeep Singh Atwal Ji!

I have attended many classes of our Gurus. But I never found THEM giving explanations to convince why Sikhs should keep hair.

This is another incident that THEY revealed this secret.

I feel that Guru and teacher are two different engagements. A teacher cannot entangle the Guru with his worldly learning. The Guru may enlighten a teacher with God's Wisdom.

123472[/snapback]

No, you're not getting the point. I'm saying, if you won;'t question your teacher abt their teachings then why question our Guru Ji about his teachings? This mean you are putting Guru Ji lower than teachers.. get me??

Pray Truth for all and say Satsriakal!

Vicky Singh Ji and Budda Singh Ji!

I asked a question to my mother at a very young age "Why all Sikhs are born with hair?"

I found all Sikhs with long hair but others with short hair. The question was spontaneous.

Since that time I received many answers verbally. It is the first time that I have asked this question on Internet.

To my surprise all answers and explanations I received are not up to the point.

As many learned people have access to Internet these days, I hope that constructive discussions may quench the

thirst of knowledge in many of us.

--------------

Here are few words for all those who are curious and very hungry for the Truth from our Gurus.

Guru Gobind Singh Ji gave Sikhs five Kakaars. One of these is Kes (hair).

The word Kakaar is the combination of Ka plus Kaar. All Kakaars have a name and those names begin with the letter

'ka'. These are namely Kes (hair), Kanghaa (comb), Kachaa or Kachehraa (a garment to wear on the lower part of the

body similar to shorts), Karaa (bangle) and Kirpan (sword).

There is a purpose or work (kaar) of the five KAs. Hence the names are called Kakaars.

Everyone is born with only one Kakaar namely hair. Nobody is born with other four Kakaars.

--------------

I am supposed to leave for India soon for few weeks. I feel you have a little patience and much researching

capability and hope that you have found the solution before I come back.

Please let me know if you cannot wait.

Balbir Singh

Satsriakal to all and Kawaldeep Singh Atwal Ji!

You wrote "No, you're not getting the point. I'm saying, if you won;'t question your teacher abt their teachings then why question our Guru Ji about his teachings? This mean you are putting Guru Ji lower than teachers.. get me??"

These above are your words and feelings.

Our Gurus have suggested all to search God within not in others.

--------------

Vicky Singh Ji!

You wrote a message in Gurmukhi in your post. I thought you wanted to give a reference. That is why I requested for the page number of the source.

I found it is your signature. Unfortunately I have not found it in Gurbani.

Balbir Singh