"dispose" off gurbani

Guest SikhForLife

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest SikhForLife

ya.. i try to control it.. but sometimes ppl in gw when they r having programs.. such as keertan.. or weddings.. or just gw calenders.. papers.. magazines.. theres gurbani written in it... u cant avoid having papers with gurbani in it.. in the past i just rip out the portion of the page where gurbani is written and throw the rest away.. now i have a whole bunch of papers..

WJKK WJKF ^_^

mkhalsa jee,

beleive it or not, over the past few years my parents hav got draws full of wedding invitations and stuff. burnin a piece of paper wit gurbani on woul be like burnin a gutka wouldnt it? i used to do keertan, an i hav got pieces of papers wit shabads written on them lyin in the house, when my mum sees it she hits the roof and tells me to keep it safe some where. my mum doent let me through away my old vajay books let alone burn them.

i dont know, iv neve heard about burnin them, maybe your right, but i still dont agree, i hav 2 chek that 1 out.

WJKK WJKF

WJKK WJKFateh! ^_^

Yea I agree with Daly...DON'T BURN GURBANI!!

When they agni-bhet Sri Guru Granth Sahib ji after a time period of 100 years, they have a different way of doing it, but this is a controversial issue, whether to agni-bhet gurbani or not.

It all depends on how much love you have for gurbani and you Guru. I personally would never burn gurbani, even if I don't have space I'll throw away something I paid for and put bani there instead. AND I WOULD CONDEMN ANYONE TO DO IT AS WELL.

Gurbani is eternal, its God's word, which is priceless, and should be kept in a high place, so unless you know the way to "dispose" of Gurbani, I highly recommend you not do anything. And get all the gurbani on watever paper you have on and put all the papers in a binder and store em someplace.

Bhul chuk maaf karnee

WJKK WJKFateh!

Guest SikhForLife

i asked a friend of mine.. he told me its not the paper.. but the knowledge.. burning a paper doesnt contaminate/disrespect the knowledge contained..

plus God is around us.. its an omnipresent force.. even burning has God's physics involved

lol, then what about Sri Guru Granth Sahib ji?

Its all paper too right, and you don't just dispose of Gurbani like that, I understand the universal idea behind all of it. But something that we see, and feel, we should respect, not treat it like some writing on a piece of paper. THAT'S BAY-ADBI (disrespect)!!

Guest SikhForLife

veerji then that would make cremation of SGGS ok..

we all have pyaar and respect for the knowledge in our hearts.....

burning may be the only option to disposing off papers with Gurbani

WJKK WJKFateh!

Veer

You have to understand the essence of why we respect bani. And why our Gurus said we SHOULD respect gurbani.

Say you have a book right, and it has gurbani on it, you can't put it near your feet, you have to put it someplace high, because it deserves respect, gurbani on any piece of paper, is bani and needs to be respected.

Lets see at the first place why you want to "dispose" of these papers with Gurbani on em, you reason is that you don't have room for it? C'mon man, its your Guru's words...Now you say that it should be in your heart and paper doesn't count.

Ok, for all the papers you have that have gurbani on them, if you know the shabads by heart, know their meanings, and apply them to your life everyday (or when needed). Then by all means, respectfully "dispose" of those papers. If you don't know it, and cant apply to your life, then those papers should be a reminder to you, everyday of what to do, and what your guru says.

Sorry for the long response, and any bhul chuk.

WJKK WJKFateh!

You do Antam Sanskar.Bani of Guru is Guru's Ang, so when the Ang is worn out you can do Antam Sanskar.When you place in fire, say "Vahiguru, I give back your Bani to you.Thank you Vahiguru" or something similar.You are doing Antam Sanskar.

What my mother does is she puts bits of bani (from wedding invites etc) into water until it dissolves away.She then pours the water onto earth.

Pavan Guru.

Pani Pitaa.

Mata Dhart Mahat... ^_^