Gurdwara Managment - It's All Wrong!

Khalsa_starr

Gurdwara Managment: It's all wrong!

By Khalsa Starr

Today i am a little angry, actually really angry... ok, i'll calm down

However i am very dissapointed by our so called leader here in Vernon BC. Why? First of all, when we agreed to meet up at my place to drop a package, he never showed up! I was ok about it, however, he should have at least said that he would not be able attend, then leaving me in the dark. This happened, three times, so i walked up to his house and got the package.

While i was there, i learned that the president and his family are usually gone for most of the summer, i got concerned - isn't our president supposed to be here to manage us?

It turns out, that our leader is very easy going when it comes to manageing the temple, he is also not a good example to anyone. This is what i found out by experience:

- There're are signs that say "no shoes or uncovered hair in temple" but he walks around (and his advisors) with shoes on and sometimes no headcover!

- During a recent wedding, many of the guests are not following the basic gurdwara rules, nor is the pres, not even enforcing the rules!

- He and his family are out for most of the summer, tell me, how are you supposed to manage a temple if your're out that long?

Of course it wouldn't be fair for this observation to be one sided, what is he doing to be a sikh?:

- He wears his kara

Now I have a favor to ask of you. I would like for you (users and mods) to tell us your observations and experiences you have with temple politics/management and dealing with other groups.

Thank you SS.net

-Khalsa Starr

I didn't like the committee at my local Gurdwara Sahib til the president showed me some respect and pyar, ah i like him now.

Veerji I can understand u angry but well no point in being angry, go and sort the guy out, not physically :) @ .

Why not set up a meeting to discuss the whole issue, ie he is away every day so maybe we need to re-appoint someone.

on the other hand maybe he delegates well so its not affecting mgt?

now abt him covering his head, doesnt he have a turban?

shoes, where exactly is he wearing them, in the langar hall or generally around the Gurdwara Sahib?? ohmy.gifohmy.gif

Maybe u should peel the sign off and put it in his face when u catch him breaking his own rules.Best way to go about it is with pyar, try talking to him quietly, the chances of that working are very low but its a stage thats necessary so u know u did try, then get together with a few ppl and put pressure on him and eventually that bound to work.

haha, a historical guru ghar in our town of leicester i have heard has been taken by the council.

guru nanak gurdwara, 9 holy bones was the first guru ghar set up in leicester in the 60's (hence why i say its historical lol).

the parbhandak decided to take 300,000 in cash (british pounds), and so sangat go very angry. the parbhandak was set to be overhauled until the vice president of the east park road guru ghar took up a 3 foot talwar. the parbhandak was elected by 5 people (no i doubt it was the panj pyare).

i think the council has taken over it, or government.

gustaphi maaf