Bains Sworn In As Parliamentary Secretary

Akaali

Navdeep Singh Bains Sworn in as Parliamentary Secretary to the Prime Minister

Ottawa, October 7, 2005

Ottawa—The Honourable Navdeep Singh Bains, Member of Parliament for Mississauga Brampton South, was officially sworn in today as the Parliamentary Secretary to the Right Honourable Prime Minister Paul Martin.

In addition, the Prime Minster also announced the appointment of two new parliamentary secretaries to assist Ministers with their parliamentary duties. Mr. Charles Hubbard (Miramichi) will assist the Minister of Transport, the Honourable Jean-C. Lapierre. Ms. Anita Neville (Winnipeg South Centre) has been appointed Parliamentary Secretary to the Minister of Canadian Heritage and Minister responsible for the Status of Women, the Honourable Liza Frulla, with special emphasis on status of women.

“Parliamentary Secretaries play an essential role in government, particularly in the minority context,” said the Prime Minister. “I am very pleased to welcome these colleagues to their new assignments and look forward to their contribution in support of the parliamentary process.”

Mr. Bains was first elected to represent the riding of Mississauga-Brampton South in June 2004. In April 2005, he was elected by his colleagues to be the Chairman for the Foreign Affairs Subcommittee on Human Rights and International Development.

“I am humbled and honoured by the opportunity that the Prime Minister has given me,” said Mr. Bains, “and I will use this position to move the national agenda forward on behalf of my constituents and for all Canadians.”

Media contact :

Natalija Stefanov

Constituency Office Manager

Telephone: 905-795-5220

E-mail: bainsn1@parl.gc.ca

i used to think bains was actually intrested in being there for sikhs, and was actually a good guy

but wat he did with aushotosh was stupid and no escuses

worst part is the letter he sent out wasnt even a aplogy

it was a REASON

tha was sad

sad to see jobs and popluraty, progress, etc. etc. coming infront of sikhi for some people

bhula chuka maf