Disrespect Of Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji Maharaj

Singh_Shiromani

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

im from near wolves and wanna help out. who else is??

also anyone willing to be a dare devil should not because that ik niwas has got two mean looking guard dogs!!!!!!

127138[/snapback]

GuruFateh!

I'm from Wolverhampton but I am currently at Liverpool John Moores Uni. If disrespect of the Guru Granth is taking place in the Ek Niwas, we need to approach them and try and sort it out peacefully. If not, the answer lies in my signiture.

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa, Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh!

• 6 months later...

I must correct these misinformed people who are spreading bad vibes about Guru Ravidass Ji. Please do not spread hate and disrespect for the beliefs and religions of others you do not understand and have not at least studied to some level.

Guru Ravidass Ji taught the lessons of universal brotherhood, tolerance, message of love your neighbour, which got more importance in today's world.

Guru Ravidass and Guru Nanak met several times to discuss metaphysical matters and issues.

Guru Ravidass Ji fulfilled Guru Nanak Dev Ji's request by donating old manuscripts, which contained a collection of Guru Ravidass Ji's verses and poems. The earliest collection of these poems are available in Sri Guru Granth Sahib. It was compiled by Guru Arjan Dev Ji, the fifth Guru of the Sikhs. There are 41 verses of Guru Ravidass Ji in the Sikh Holy Book, Guru Granth Sahib.

Guru Ravidassi's are NOT Sikhs, the teachings, oral tradition (remember it was centuries before the Guru Granth Sahib was written in its final form) and festivals date back to the same time as the founding of Sikhism, but you must remember that Sikhism evolved from an oral tradition just like the Ravidassi's. These Sikh Gurus oral traditions eventually defined the religion from which the Guru Granth was formed.

Hence there is crossover between these two religious groups, but it must be clear that Guru Ravidassi's are not Sikh, even though they share much in common, coming from the same culture, part of the world etc but have developed into a religious path of their own right with Guru Ravidass as their founding Guru/teacher not Guru Nanak, although he is held in equally high esteem.

u guys talk about Ik Niwas, you should c the other Gurdwara on the same street: 'Guru ravidass Temple'. Its all gud and they do consider Guru Ji as their Guru but also Bhagat Ravidass as Guru hence the name of the Gurdwrara, but when they do aarti its like watching aarti in a form of Hindu worship...they blow conch shells, ring bells, wave a thali around Guru Ji which is basically set on fire!!

And they do 3 jaikare: one of them is Bole So Nihal: Guru Ravidass Maharaj Ki Jai? no.gif

I must correct these misinformed people who are spreading bad vibes about Guru Ravidass Ji. Please do not spread hate and disrespect for the beliefs and religions of others you do not understand and have not at least studied to some level.

Guru Ravidass Ji taught the lessons of universal brotherhood, tolerance, message of love your neighbour, which got more importance in today's world.

Guru Ravidass and Guru Nanak met several times to discuss metaphysical matters and issues.

Guru Ravidass Ji fulfilled Guru Nanak Dev Ji's request by donating old manuscripts, which contained a collection of Guru Ravidass Ji's verses and poems. The earliest collection of these poems are available in Sri Guru Granth Sahib. It was compiled by Guru Arjan Dev Ji, the fifth Guru of the Sikhs. There are 41 verses of Guru Ravidass Ji in the Sikh Holy Book, Guru Granth Sahib.

Guru Ravidassi's are NOT Sikhs, the teachings, oral tradition (remember it was centuries before the Guru Granth Sahib was written in its final form) and festivals date back to the same time as the founding of Sikhism, but you must remember that Sikhism evolved from an oral tradition just like the Ravidassi's. These Sikh Gurus oral traditions eventually defined the religion from which the Guru Granth was formed.

Hence there is crossover between these two religious groups, but it must be clear that Guru Ravidassi's are not Sikh, even though they share much in common, coming from the same culture, part of the world etc but have developed into a religious path of their own right with Guru Ravidass as their founding Guru/teacher not Guru Nanak, although he is held in equally high esteem.

u guys talk about Ik Niwas, you should c the other Gurdwara on the same street: 'Guru ravidass Temple'. Its all gud and they do consider Guru Ji as their Guru but also Bhagat Ravidass as Guru hence the name of the Gurdwrara, but when they do aarti its like watching aarti in a form of Hindu worship...they blow conch shells, ring bells, wave a thali around Guru Ji which is basically set on fire!!

And they do 3 jaikare: one of them is Bole So Nihal: Guru Ravidass Maharaj Ki Jai? no.gif

It's not Guru Raviidas its bhagat ravdas

• 2 weeks later...

why don't you guys get a couple of your guys'z buddyz and smack em up! lol hit.gif

If i that guy lived in surrey, there wouldn't be nottin left of em. lol

What im tryin to say is, get some ppl and go chek the place out 4a sho and if he really does disrespect the Guru Granth Sahib ( im pretty sure he does) then do what i said on the top! :lol::

the police should through em in jail for breaching the Act 45-684 for Being an fake baba and a complete doorknob! lol

notme.gif

• 1 month later...

Hello everyone! This is my first message im posting up here just to let you all know! :TH:

I just wanted to say that...

"The word "Guru" is a Sanskrit word meaning teacher, honoured person, religious person or saint. Sikhism though has a very specific definition of the word Guru. It means the descent of divine guidance to mankind provided through ten Enlightened Masters. This honour of being called a Sikh Guru applies only to the ten Gurus who founded the religion starting with Guru Nanak in 1469 and ending with Guru Gobind Singh in 1708; thereafter it refers to the Sikh Holy Scriptures the Guru Granth Sahib. The divine spirit was passed from one Guru to the next as "The light of a lamp which lights another does not abate. Similarly a spiritual leader and his disciple become equal, Nanak says the truth."

(not my own words, but words of wisdom none the less)

Therefore in this manner, if those who follow the teachings of Guru Ravidass are not sikh, then are they not technically right in calling Ravidass 'Guru' Ravidass, as to them it would mean teacher, honoured person, religious person or saint???? I can see why some sikhs do not call Guru Ravidass 'Guru' but I think it is upto the individual how they wish to address those, whose teachings they follow...

I know this is not in relation to the actual topic but just something I felt like mentioning.

As for the thread, hmm I actually live near Wolverhampton, just finished at Wolves uni actually, I've been past Ik Niwas but aint really got a clue of whats going on there. I feel that those of you who are concerned should actually go and do something about it rather than discussing it on the net...fair enough people in Wolves may deal with the problem more easily, but very few are either unaware of what is happening or just cant be bothered to sort it out. Also I mite be wrong, but just as a general comment there may not even actually be anything going on there as what is described. Who ever was there at the time to see it taking place should have disputed the matter at that time...why go around telling people about and not trying to rectify it yourself? and where are the rest of you getting these complaints from? There are so many sikhs and Gurdwaras in Wolverhampton, im sure the matter could be easily dealt with to whoever it concerns.

I know this thread was posted up ages ago, so my apologies if the problem has been sorted. I've only just read it now so am replying what I felt needed to be said. Anyways take care everyone im jetting to bed now! nite nite :@

xxx :)

veera chakdo kam. d_oh.gif

im from near wolves and wanna help out. who else is??

also anyone willing to be a dare devil should not because that ik niwas has got two mean looking guard dogs!!!!!!

127138[/snapback]

GuruFateh!

I'm from Wolverhampton but I am currently at Liverpool John Moores Uni. If disrespect of the Guru Granth is taking place in the Ek Niwas, we need to approach them and try and sort it out peacefully. If not, the answer lies in my signiture.

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa, Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh!