Grt Saints

sewak sikh

anywayssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss it was great to see the pictures of the great sants, its beautiful to see so many ppl spending their lives dedicating it to God in the way theywant or as I believe they are sent to earth to help others.

With God's Grace we are so fortunate that we have their darshan even if only in the form of a photo.

I remember what I read abt Baba Nand Singh Ji Maharaj- Babaji was approached by someone who told Babaji that someone was saying bad stuff about them - BabaJi didnt mind cos the person who approached Babaji prided himself for being so close to Babji but Babaji explained that the other person who was saying bad things abt them was actually closer to them as he sat there in deep concentration thinking of how best to diss Babaji.

Reminds me of this topic, ppl come and say bad things about some of the sants but they also get darshan of them haha.

Sants are at one with God, Akalpurkh, btw I said sants not so called sants.

btw hope 2c more photos

145920[/snapback]

i was just wondering could you tell me how you know who is a sant and who isnt?

because i havent got a clue

it is just all of those who have sant in front of their name?

146196[/snapback]

why not ask your bhai sahib ji from your jatha? :e:

146199[/snapback]

my bhai sahib from my jatha?

i dont get it. i dont own a bhai sahib or a jatha m8. i belong to the jatha of guru gobind singh ji.

waheguru ji ke khalsa, wahegurujikefateh

Pyare jio, It is the aim of every Gursikh to be saintly. But it is a hukam to be a Sant Siphahai.

We have to recognise Truth.

This thread seems more to celebrate the Sant pad or title rather than anything else. There are some very special souls in the pics. But you have to be real and recognise the truth.

Firstly, Sant singh Maskin picture should be taken off. I got to know him quite well, with his frequent visits to Singh sabha Gurdwara in slough. He totally condemned the whole Sant pad thing. I have heard him do katha on it myself twice. Other recordings where he was very strongly condemning of it have regularly been played on Punjab radio aswell.

So if you really respect him, then respect his wishes aswell. Please do not assocaite him in such a manner.

Secondly, Bhai sahib Randhir Singh also condemened the nature of Santdom. He thoughts are clear in his book "Sant Pad Nirnai". So if you respect him, then also take his picture off aswell.

Thirdly Baba Deep singh is a Amar shaheed of the Panth. He too is known as Baba, a title which was bestowed by the Panth. The Sant pad has never been attached to him.

In conclusion, respect Gursikhs, sants or not. But respect their virtues as Gurmat says, by bringing them in yourself. That is the best way to show respect.

My benti is also do not wrongly categorise people against their own Mat.

The Panth has been blessed by so many jeevan wale gursikhs, another is Bhagat Puran singh. A true sant never has to use the title or any other title. People just know.

waheguru ji kakhalsa, waheguru ji ke fateh

i think youve jumped the gun..i don't thikn the aim of this thread was just to point out people that have "sant" attached ot their name...the name doesn't make a saint...

all of the gursikhs you mentioned in your posts...irrespective if they were called bhagat, baba, bhai...were all great saints...there is nothing wrong with highlighting that...

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

I think jss jee says right. The other GurSikhs in the photos, like Baba Nand Singh, Baba Harnam Singh, Sant Attar Singh, Sant Jawala Singh, Sant Gurbachan Singh, Sant Isher Singh, etc., were very humble. They were against being put above sangat and being labelled Sant did not mean anything to do them. I think it is inappropriate to say that some of the other souls were for the "santdom" process. The sangat calls them Sant out of pyaar and satkaar. It is not a title they sought for themselves.

I got to know Sant Singh Maskeen quite well as well. Although Sant Singh Maskeen was very much against the spread of Santdom, he also recognised that a Sant can exist as an entity independently of Guroo Sahib: i.e., the word "Sant" in Gurbani can refer to either Guroo Sahib, his GurSikhs or both. I think Bhai Sahib Bhai Randhir Singh recognised this as well.

Sant Singh Maskin also stressed that a true Sant was a very very rare person - unlike the number of "Sants" that you see today. Sant Singh Maskin also had no problems by mentioning a person as "Sant" - I've heard him mention people as Sant, such as Sant Kartar Singh Bhindranwale, Sant Isher Singh, etc.

We should not get too hooked to Sant this or Sant that. Sant is an avasthaa. If you don't like the title Sant, then at least recognise the other person as a great GurSikh, which they all are, whether their title is Baba, Sant, Bhai Sahib Bhai, Panth Ratan, Gyani, Bhagat, etc. As Jagjit Singh said, we must gather the virtues that these Sikhs had, and through them, make our bond with Guroo Sahib stronger.

I don't think the purpose of this thread was to spread "Santdom", rather it was more to show great spiritual souls in the Panth and to take inspiration from them.

Bhul Chuk Maaf

Waheguroo

waheguru ji kekhalsa waheguru ji ke fateh

Pyare jio, agreed with the veers above. The reason i have pointed this out was specifically to avoid the sant pad promotion.

Like I said, the aim of every Gursikh is to be saintly. But hukam is to be a Sant Siphahai. No doubt Sant Attar singh ji, baba Harnam Singh ram pur khera, and many other gursikhs above had inspirational lives.

Those of us, who recognise Gurmat, acknowledge it is the virtues we praise, and not the people, because it is these virtues we share. Praise is only of Akaal, because that is the source.

This is fine. But unfortuanately we have to realise there are many around today, who do not understand this, and are insistant on introducing a new aspect to sikhi, in the form of sant pad or sant marg. They use the names of all the Gursikhs above, to justify its existance, but in reality all of above would recognise not a Sant marg, but a Sant Siphahai marg, or a Panth Marg.

This obsession with this sant pad has brought us to a situation where sikhs are prepared to fight in gurdwaras over whether a person is a proper sant or not. It even has happened on this thread. This will be very unhealthy for our future.

Instead, recognise them as Gursikhs only, and then you will not have any issue of who is fake or not. A Gursikh is a high padve, but also it does not attract the commercial benefits and blind worship that makes fakes what to impersonate it.

Otherwise, the next generations will be immersed on this sant is right and that is fake. Soon the word sant will have such a stigma, some may say it already has, just the word mahant, that no one will have respect for it.

waheguru ji kekhalsa waheguru ji ke fateh

LOL.gifLOL.gifLOL.gif

post-3323-1137277159_thumb.jpg

amarjeet singh veerji it seems u answered ur question urself and i dont agree with it but u said ''it is'' so i wont try to change ur mind as u have made it up.

international akali, i know someone who calls himself a sikh but does everything a sikh should not do, so should i stop calling myself or anyone else a sikh and shud i stop respecting sikhs OR (now here's the common sense answer) should i realise that he is wrong to call himself a sikh but that shudn't stop me from associating with and respecting the SIKHS.

Now i say this cos the approach some ppl take it to say that one person called himself a sant and aint so thats a strong argument against the pro sant lot!

Yours is a very weak argument.

ditto

your argument is like saying Guru Tegh Bahadur isnt the Guru because of all the pakhandi gurus that were around at the time.

those of you laughing and insulting the real sants, do it all you want. Read Kabir Jis bani and see what they say happens to nindaks of Akaal Prukhs beloved...

you'll see for yourself after you die.

most of your reactions go along the line of

"omg, hes jathedar of [insert Gurdwara], he does things Ive never heard of before, people respect him, he must be a pakhandi, he doest know what Guru Sahib says blah blah bla"

Nanak Aakhan Sabh Ko Aakhai

Ik Dhoo Ik Siaana

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...