Sikhs In Pakistan Need Our Help

sikh supreme

Please take the time to read look at these websites and see how you can help your Pakistani Sikh brothers and sisters in a time of need who have been effected in the kashmir earthquake tragedy.

http://khalsaaidsevadar.blogspot.com/

http://www.sikhnet.com/Sikhnet/news.nsf/Si...3C?OpenDocument

http://www.khalsaaid.org/

2005_10_21t033013_303x450_us_quake_subcontinent1.jpg

r4130341549.jpg

2005_10_21t033027_282x450_us_quake_subcontinent1.jpg

r2880155837.jpg

r4195809633.jpg

Fateh jio

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ok this might sound bad but...

why is it all of a sudden "help the pakistani sikhs"

what about the rest of the ppl?

i dont remember readin a post a week or so ago saying "help pakistani quake victims" or something...

we gotta help all not jus our own - thats wot i think neways..

that story comes to mind; when bhai sahib gave water to the moghuls during some battle. mm i duno names or anything but thats coz i have no knowledge blush.gif

sorry if it sounded abit harsh and sorry for any mistakes. pray.gif

Please take the time to read look at these websites and see how you can help your Pakistani Sikh brothers and sisters in a time of need who have been effected in the kashmir earthquake tragedy.

I understand your point, however, IMHO we should not be looking at whether they are Pakistani Sikhs as such. We should be helping our Pakistani brothers and sisters... our humane brothers and sisters.

It seems the public, in general, have just ... gotten USED to natural disasters. No longer do we see the response of such attrocities like we used to in the 80's and 90's. These images of people above just dont affect the public anymore. Its like theyve become accustomed to it. Theyve gotten used to it. In the past year alone... look at all the attrocities eg. Tsunami, Hurricanes, Earthquakes. And more are predicted too.

Lifes getting faster, busier and more expensive meaning.. people dont have the time, the patience or the money to help with stuff like this.

In your ardaas... ask Maharaj first before anything else, to shower His blessings on these millions of people, before we ask for something for ourselves.

Bhul chuk maaf...

SScom

It's true we should help all... but if we dont look after our own first who will? They will ask where is our panth when we need them. Whereas theirs dozens of Islamic and christian outfits out their helping their people out.

Thats why priority should to help those who share our faith then after we can extend that help to other people should they need it.

Sikh Supreme

I agree with you. The Sikhs who suffered in the earthquake are small minorities both sides of the border. In Indian Kashmir there are reports that Sikh villages along the border have been bypassed and all govt aid is going to Muslim villages. The same may be true in NWFP where there are many Sikhs. Sikh organisations that are helping in the area need to concentrate more on the Sikh victims because the Muslim charities will not be helping any Sikhs and neither will the govt. So as you wrote these victims wll ask where is the Panth in our hour or need. Of all the Sikh charities the best is United Sikhs Ghanaia team. They were the first to ascertain what the situation of Sikhs in Nicobar Islands was and they went through a lot of Indian red tape which sought to prevent outside organisations getting into the Nicobars. Had it not been for United Sikhs I think that most of the Sikh charities would have been doing the usual duplication of work of the big charities.

i personally, disagree with the above two posts. I believe our Guru Jee's taught us to look beyond the fact one is hindu or muslim. I believe everyone is equal. Treat whites and blacks like your brothers and sisters. Its easy to steretype and say "they dont help us" but i dont believe in "they" or "us". See everyone as individual and unique as these are precious gifts Guru Jee has given us.

Thats my personal view on it anyway. Forgive is i have said anything wrong.

It's a question of priorities. Due to the situation that Sikhs find themselves in, they will be double victims. Firstly by the earthquake and secondly by the discriminatory attitude of the govt relief agencies. Maybe we should say they will be thrice victims, thirdly by fellow Sikhs who believe that Sikh agencies should not make the Sikh victims a priority

----------

Akali Dal(M) accuses JK govt of inadequate relief to Sikhs

Srinagar: The Shiromani Akali Dal (Mann) today accused the Mufti Mohammad Sayeed government in Jammu and Kashmir of ''ignoring'' Sikhs in relief distribution in quake-hit areas.

''The minority Sikh community is being ignored while relief distribution in Kashmir's quake-affected areas.... Villages inhabited by Sikhs are being singled out,'' Shiromani Akali Dal (Mann) president Simranjit Singh Mann told a press conference here.

He appealed to the government to treat all the communities at par and provide adequate relief to all the survivors.

Mr Mann also expressed concern over foreign aid agencies not being allowed to visit Jammu and Kashmir.

A five-page memorandum in this regard was submitted to Jammu and Kashmir Governor Lt Gen (Retd) S K Sinha on behalf of the Shiromani Akali Dal (Mann) after several teams of the party visited the quake-hit areas of north Kashmir.