Benefit

Frost

You can only merge with God through Sikhi, no other religion can give you this

129063[/snapback]

d_oh.gif exactly, Before Baba Nanak came to the world no one was liberated. God only realized this 500 years ago that perhaps he should create a new religion and liberate few souls.

Its funny Muslims say the same thing, Christians say the same thing. Why should we be left behind. Lets Monopolize on God while we can. :)

You can only merge with God through Sikhi, no other religion can give you this

129063[/snapback]

d_oh.gif exactly, Before Baba Nanak came to the world no one was liberated. God only realized this 500 years ago that perhaps he should create a new religion and liberate few souls.

Its funny Muslims say the same thing, Christians say the same thing. Why should we be left behind. Lets Monopolize on God while we can. :)

129083[/snapback]

Well said girl !

In my experience you are wasting your time having any discussion with a Muslim. They're only reason for being friends with you is create doubts in your mind about Sikhi. If you really want to give him one of the benefits of Sikhi

1. Ask him if he believes in the hadiths

2. If he does point him to hadith no 816 http://hadith.al-islam.com/bayan/Display.asp?Lang=eng&ID=816

3. Ask him what he thinks of Mohammed allowing his followers to rape captured women as per the hadith above

4. One of the benefits of Sikhi is that we follow our Gurus who lived their lives to the highest moral standards whilst he follows Mohammed who allowed rape.

Isn't Tarunjit singh kind of right, as in Islam doesnt say you merge with God nor dies Christianity from what I heard but I think Hinduism does say u can merge with Brahman so I guess we different to some religions on that one.

Also, I'm sure people may have been liberated before but then doesn't that idea of sachkhand and karamkhand come in.

Personal Opinion:

Don't Compare Religions because you will always find differences which lead to division rather than oneness.  Far most these differences are to be respected.  Everyone is unique in their practice, but not everyone follows it correctly or understand the true nature of the practice.  So who then has the right to differentiate between what is the right practice and what isn't.  No other than the one who has that eye which can see the truth behind the practices. 

Tell him there is no need to compare 2 paths.  Most such comparisons, not all stem from the need to dominate the other.  We compare to find faults in the other, to find contradiction which we can use as a aresenal to defeat the other person's beliefs.  It is a game of defeating the other in order to make our religion look greater or superior than the others.    Look at him not as a muslim, rather a manukh, a human....then tell him that is the benefit of being a Sikh...I see you not as a Muslim, but as a fellow human, as a fellow brother of humanity, not by the lables you have gathered in this lifetime and because that same divine joat which resides within me is also within you.  That alone is what connects us to each other and the Divine Joat, the source of  the universe. 

That is what I'd say to him.

128598[/snapback]

Bro isnt comparing the two riligion and try to proving ur reilgion is perfect is another sutle way of satisifing our EGO....we some how wants to prove that ours is the best and this way we are juss finding a way to give water to our ego...ofcurse we do it on the name of the religion and this way and we kinda of give smypathy to ourselves that ..look if juss doing it for my religon...but isnt it juss another way of giving satisfaction to our ego??? grin.gif