A Surprise Visit To Our Local Gurughar

i came across a story of how one of the dehdhari gurus wanted to come to darbar sahib, sirf for matha theek, he was turned away by the head granthis and was only allowed to do so if

a) he gave up his guru status

b) gave land and money (i think)

he obviously refused and paid his praanam outside darbar sahib.

story i thought i should share (i have no stance on this topic, sirf want the sangats opinion)

gustaphi maaf

Its an interesting point with the last post story thing u just told aswell but i thought namdharis thought Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji are to be respected although they still got their human gurus so don't they still show a lot of respect to Guru JI?

As for the other story kandola just said, maybe that is different because the person trying to enter Darbar Sahib felt he was equal to the Guru Ji he going to bow to.

anyways, kandola how do you know this guy is naamdhari?

lol, if you actually read my post, i said "he might have been, he might not have been"

but because i thought he was namdhari (he may have been, he may not have been) i wanted to ask sangat can namddhari come into a panthic guru ghar?

amazing once you read ones post you dont need to ask the same question again hunaa?

lol sorry im knit picking.

well, i thought he was namdhari because

a) the way he tied his dastaar

b) the kapri wasnt actually gyaani style or anything like it, it was tight at the bottom, which is somethoing i dont see in our guru ghar

c) notice he had no kakkars

d) seemed very very strict in his own maryada. never seen someone so tall yet so skinny.

but in answer to that you can say

a) you cant judge someone by the paag they wear. i have come across taksalis who wear nok paags, my first impression were they were akj, but after speaking to them they were in fact taksali.

b) again assumptions you cant judge in that way.

c) how do i know he wasnt wearing his kirpaan underneath his kurta, or wasnt wearing a small one or didnt wear one in his dastaar?

d) he could be bibeki.

coming from there, i thought say if a namdhari did come to a gurughar (as i said, he might have been, he might not have been, but the sangat there were doing his chugli and saying it was obvious he was namdhari...what they pinpointed i didnt bother listening to).

anyhow, say if a namdhari came to the guru ghar, would he be welcomed (bearing in mind the story i came across!)

gustaphi maaf

naamdharis are welcome, you never know they could be coming to ask guru ji for forgiveness...plus it proves that their guru is not puran or perfect because a person with a puran satguru doesn't go to any other....now don't bring hindus into this and say does this mean hindu gods are not puran for hindus blah blah blah, this is about naamdharis and as we all know naamdharis claim to be sikhs and have living gurus which is a whole different ball game....plus naamdhari means someone who is adorned with naam, to receive naam is the supreme gift in sikh belief and only waaheguru bestows naam...these guys go to a baba and receive "naam"..there is a relative of ours back in punjab and she went to their smagam and came home and said i recieved "naam." we were like "huh?"

lol, if you actually read my post, i said "he might have been, he might not have been"

but because i thought he was namdhari (he may have been, he may not have been) i wanted to ask sangat can namddhari come into a panthic guru ghar?

amazing once you read ones post you dont need to ask the same question again hunaa?

b) the kapri wasnt actually gyaani style or anything like it, it was tight at the bottom, which is somethoing i dont see in our guru ghar

d) seemed very very strict in his own maryada. never seen someone so tall yet so skinny.

a) you cant judge someone by the paag they wear. i have come across taksalis who wear nok paags, my first impression were they were akj, but after speaking to them they were in fact taksali.

c) how do i know he wasnt wearing his kirpaan underneath his kurta, or wasnt wearing a small one or didnt wear one in his dastaar?

d) he could be bibeki.

coming from there, i thought say if a namdhari did come to a gurughar (as i said, he might have been, he might not have been, but the sangat there were doing his chugli and saying it was obvious he was namdhari...what they pinpointed i didnt bother listening to).

anyhow, say if a namdhari came to the guru ghar, would he be welcomed (bearing in mind the story i came across!)

gustaphi maaf

130757[/snapback]

Do Namdharis not wear kakkars?? Your point C suggests this is the case, I always believed they wore all 5 kakkars. Many Gurdwaras have Namdhari "visitors," especially in places where there aren't "Namdhari Gurdwaras." For this reason, I assume they would be welcomed ok, but your example seems to indicate differently as per the chugli comment.

Does anyone else find it weird how sometimes we own and disown Namdharis?? I was recently at a talk about 84 where there part of the speech focused on the price Sikhs paid for Indian independence, and as part of this price was included the Namdhari contribution within the "Kooka Movement."

d) he could be bibeki.

gustaphi maaf

130757[/snapback]

Do Namdharis not wear kakkars?? Your point C suggests this is the case, I always believed they wore all 5 kakkars. Many Gurdwaras have Namdhari "visitors," especially in places where there aren't "Namdhari Gurdwaras." For this reason, I assume they would be welcomed ok, but your example seems to indicate differently as per the chugli comment.

Does anyone else find it weird how sometimes we own and disown Namdharis?? I was recently at a talk about 84 where there part of the speech focused on the price Sikhs paid for Indian independence, and as part of this price was included the Namdhari contribution within the "Kooka Movement."

130990[/snapback]

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh!!

Namdharis dont not believe in 5 Kakaar Rehit. Their living Guru had made the decision that the kirpan can now be replaced with a woolen mala.

Today the Namdharis live off the glorious Kooka movement. Baba Ram Singh's sacrifice has been abused by his own family members to create this sect that feels it can make decisions above Sri Guru Gobind Singh Ji, like changing kirpan to mala.

I once saw a video of their main man saying that "Sikhi is atta & Namdharis are the salt". Now is that a comment of a Bhram Gyani? This comment is full of spite towards Sikhs. Why is there this feeling of Superiority? At the end of the day Namdharis are known for singing Gurbani in raag, however disliked for their Satguru living of false claims. Without Gurbani they are nothing. Maybe they don’t realise how Gurbani has made their place in society, more than their main man can even have done.

Probably thats why these well connected Namdhari Congress members did nothing during 84. Maybe Namdharis thought it’s not worth saving tasteless & bland atta.

Sri Guru Nanak Dev Ji created the science & philosophy behind the Gurdwara where you cannot refuse anyone entrance. They can take whatever they want if the adhere to the rules of a Gurdwara (cover heads, take shoes off, not drunk etc).

Namdharis are far from this philosophy of Sri Guru Nanak Dev Ji. They have only started to mix recently into the other Sikh communities, which they refer to as "Ko-lay" literally meaning "open" or simplistically put Manmats.

The teaching of raag is a ploy to infiltrate the wider communities because the growth of this sect will otherwise cease. Why? Because Namdharis are primarily of Ramgarhia backgrounds a point has come where the rishte (bride & groom) were very closely related.

Why should we learn kirtan from them? Would any Sikh go and learning Gurbani Vichaar from a Nirankaari? No matter what, they will indirectly push their thinking while teaching.

They end up creating their own problems, they wish to follow manmat that Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji is not the Living Guru of the Sikhs then what do Namdharis expect?