Not Worthy

UntitledSingh

vjkkvjkkf,

i took amrit this vaisakhi, occasionally feel like im not worth the glorious nectar when one of the vices comes around. But youve got to learn to be strong and think to yourself why did i take the amrit in the first place, what bought me so near to guru ji that i wanted the sweet sweet amrit. Ask yourself, retrace your steps and go back to the beginning and mayb you may find the answer.

Alternatively do as much vaheguru simran as possible, stay in gurmukh sangat and go to gurdwara sahib to increase your sangat, and pyar with guru ji.

goodluck rolleyes.gif

No-one is worthy of such Kirpa. That's my Great Guru for you - he blesses anyone who seeks his Grace.

Taking Amrit you are given the seeds of Naam and given the tools of Gurbaani and Rehat to plough the field of the mind and body.

You can't expect something to grow and flourish in a field where 1) the seed has not been planted, or 2) you have not used the machinary or tools to plough the field.

People familiar to Farming will now that more times you plough a field, the better the crop grows.

Similarly, the more Rehat we keep and more Gurbaani we read and try to enshrine in our mind (through reflection, contemplation and understanding) then it will increase the likelihood for the seeds of Naam given to you when you took Amrit (i.e. Gurmantr and Mool Mantr) to take birth and blossom within your mind and heart.

Yes you will get weeds in the soil. Yes you will get bad thoughts and vices appearing in your mind. However, it's not the end of the world! :lol: Just as a good farmer with energy pulls up all the weeds - a Gurmukh pulls out the weeds of vikaars (bad thoughts etc) through Sangat with Gurmukhs, Simran, Shabd Keertan and Sewa.

Hope that helps.

Guru Rakha.

I took Amrit about a year ago, but now I feel I am not worthy to call my self a Sikh, I am full of the five vices, I barely do any paat, I dont feel worthy of wearing the 5ks.

131984[/snapback]

Very few Sikhs who take amrit today are worthy. In fact very few Sikhs in history who have taken amrit have been worthy. In fact taking amrit is something that we have misunderstood over time... but I digress.

Your task is to control the 5 vices, not to destroy them. Destroying them is impossible, or at least it is as far as the level that we are all at is concerned. Control is not easy. Imparting knowledge on controlling the punj chorr is not the kind of thing you do on such a public forum so pm if you want and we'll talk further with a view to discussing that issue.

Read as much Gurbani as you can. Ik Oankaar alone is of value. Just read something. Once upon a time Gurbani was part and parcel of the natural language of Punjab. People would actually say things in everyday life that directly quoted from Guru Granth Sahib Ji. Today you can still very occasionally hear remnants of this practise in Punjabi Boliyan, at weddings during giddha. We are not as lucky as they, but the principle remains. Make Gurbani part of your everyday life. "Doing paath" as you put it seems like a chore: it isn't. But you subconsciously think that way because of the way we have progressed and gradually denigrated Gurbani into scripture that can only be read a certain way, in certain places and on certain occasions. Refrain from this thinking. :-) Gradually you will understand and you will begin to "do more paath."

Most importantly Naam Japp. If you do not contemplate, then nothing is of any value. Gurbani, Seva, Truthful living and Rehit, serve functions that channel your being towards enhanced meditation. But that is their goal: Naam Japna. To go any further into detail about naam japna is beyond the realms of this or probably any public forum. Again pm me if you are interested in learning more.

(Although I doubt anybody will ;-))

Vaheguru Jee Ka Khalsa, Vaheguru Jee Kee Fateh !

Veer UntitledSingh,

Guru Jee has blessed you with Amrit, Guru Jee made you Amritdhari...... you are on the path and you will go through highs and lows....... the main thing is to be sincere and do Ardaas, tell Guru Jee your worries and ask Guru Jee for help and then be sincere. Highs and Lows are part of life and being on the path. Also think about and read about the sacrifices that have been made for Sikhi, that will surely help.

Sorry if this moorakh has said anything wrong.

Bhul Chuk Maaf Karna

WAHEGURU JI KA KHALSA WAHEGURU JI KI FATEH

By the way this line from Gurbani is v.useful to stop your five vices:

Sacha Sahib, Sach mehrvaan, Bandh paya merai Satguru purai, koi sarab khalyaan...

Soz cant find translation, but you should find it... its amazing meanings.

Click on this link:

Get rid of the kaam:

http://www.sikhsangat.com/index.php?showtopic=13472&hl=

WAHEGURU JI KA KHALSA WAHEGURU JI KI FATEH

Sacha Sahib, Sach mehrvaan, Bandh paya merai Satguru purai, koi sarab khalyaan...

Soz cant find translation, but you should find it... its amazing meanings.

132482[/snapback]

Vaheguru Ji Ka Khalsa

Vaheguru JI Ke Fateh

Thanks for all the advice everyone, it really helped.

I cant find the translation either, can anyone translate it?

Thank you, Fateh!!!

hmrI gxq n gxIAw kweI Apxw ibrdu pCwix ]

hamaree ganath n ganeeaa kaaee apanaa biradh pashhaan ||

He did not take my accounts into account; such is His forgiving nature.

hwQ dyie rwKy kir Apuny sdw sdw rMgu mwix ]1]

haathh dhaee raakhae kar apunae sadhaa sadhaa ra(n)g maan ||1||

He gave me His hand, and saved me and made me His own; forever and ever, I enjoy His Love. ||1||

swcw swihbu sd imhrvwx ]

saachaa saahib sadh miharavaan ||

The True Lord and Master is forever merciful and forgiving.

bMDu pwieAw myrY siqguir pUrY hoeI srb kilAwx ] rhwau ]

ba(n)dhh paaeiaa maerai sathigur poorai hoee sarab kaliaan || rehaao ||

My Perfect Guru has bound me to Him, and now, I am in absolute ecstasy. ||Pause||

jIau pwie ipMfu ijin swijAw idqw pYnxu Kwxu ]

jeeo paae pi(n)dd jin saajiaa dhithaa painan khaan ||

The One who fashioned the body and placed the soul within, who gives you clothing and nourishment

Apxy dws kI Awip pYj rwKI nwnk sd kurbwxu ]2]16]44]

apanae dhaas kee aap paij raakhee naanak sadh kurabaan ||2||16||44||

He Himself preserves the honor of His slaves. Nanak is forever a sacrifice to Him. ||2||16||44||

d_oh.gifd_oh.gifd_oh.gif