Going To India Soon..

Jaspaul Singh

Waheguroo ji ka khalsa,

Waheguroooo ji ki fatehh !!

Jio, guru kirpa naal i will be going to india soon, would like to have sangats opinion on places to go ..

i have went two years ago so i been to many gurdwaras across punjab and delhi. This time i will be going and staying in the moga/ludhiana/raicot area mostly. I will be going to big gurdwaras such as amritsar, anandpur sahib, PATNA sahib (which im looking forward to since i havnt been there yet at all in my life) .. but i want to go to some that arent that often visited but like the atmosphere is just amaazing.. like u just get an awesome vibe from there..

so are there are other historical gurdwaras that i should go to, that not much sangat is aware of. I have heard of "ritah mitah sahib", and my mom really wants to go but doesnt know where it is .. any help ? Any other gurdwaras ?

Secondly, i will be attending smagams in india and raensbaiis .. can anyone please give me a list of smagams/raensbais or just kirtan darbar programs ??

OH .. im going all of december and january .. :lol: .. looking forward to responses..

pray.gif

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would love to go to ritah mitah Sahib. A very special person brought us back some parshad which is the sweet ritah - amazing. I've only seen it in that punjabi movie- Ucha Ghar Babe Nanak da - and it looks amazing, don't know where it is though wacko.gif . So please take pics when you go.

I loved Vibhore Sahib in Nangal - the place is so beautiful and on hilly part so beautiful scenery and.... lots of monkeys! When you go Amritsar go to Taran Taran, it's so close by and has the biggest sarovar pray.gif

Gur Fateh Jaspaul Singh

Dass ne Sabo Ki Talwandi (DAMDAMA SAHIB) barre bahut suniya hai. Thats the perfect place u r loking for. DASAM PITA DI CHARAN CHOH DHARTI .

OTHER GURUDWARAS U CAN GO IS DARBAR SAHIB, ANANDPUR SAHIB, GURUDWARA RAWALSAR MANDI(HIMACHAL)

HAVE A NICE JOURNEY AND ABT THE LIST OF SAMAGAMS I'LL LET U KNOW SHORTLY. WHEN U REACH INDIA JUS LET ME KNOW MAY BE WE CAN MET AT SOME PLACE. I ALWAYS WISH TO HAVE SANGAT OF GURSIKHS

Gur Fateh Veer

jaspaul ji... go to Macchiwaara area near Ludhiana... nice scenic view!!

moreover... try the paranthas u get in a hotel.. its near darbaar sahib.. though its been 2 yrs but i remember its famous for its amritsari paranthas...mmmm !! (ask any rickshaw waala ...lol!!)

and yeah.. i used to live in Gurdaspur.. and i remember thre's a gurudwara dedicated to Shri Ramchand (guru Nanak Ji's son) !! better check that place... its said he used to meditate thre !!

enjoy!!

man ur going for 2 months so umay as well go to Hazoor Sahib cos its amazing truly truly truly, like once u get in u have to be dragged out cos u love it so much and its like heaven and .......let me breathe.... lol if u got abt a week just pack ur bag and go no joke.

yeh Nanaksar Gurdwara Jagraon is in Ludhiana right? absolutely boom, beautful Gurdwara Sahib just love walking around the sarovar lol and the Darbar Hall is just decorated with the bbbbbest flowers well i like emanyways.

Oh go to all the Gurdwaras u can, they are all inspiring, go to the little ones in the pind or sher in the evening when few ppl there, oh its all just amazing....well i was just getting excited and now i remmeberd it aint me going.

well there is also the Hemkunt Sahib !

Curious man, where in gurdaspur you lived, i've studied there for 4 yrs.

There are no. of gurudwaras around that area. Baba Bakala sahib, and there is one where guru nanak devji got married in batala, also there is kandh sahib nearby, where a mud wall is still standing by guruji's grace. If you go to shri darbar sahib, spare one day to visit around 9-10 historical gurudwars in amritsar, tarn taran area. I visited them all with a friend on my bike...... dont forget goindwal sahib..... Time has not catched up fully with that place..... You can still see really old houses there and it feels as if you have gone back in time.... Goindwal sahib was the main centre for sikhs before gurus moved to amritsar.....

I would have suggested you to go to sri hemkund sahib, but it will not be accessible in winters.... its a breathtaking place to be...... just try to go to as many places as you can....... and stay overnight at shri darbar sahib... spent time in parikarma..... nothing matches that experience...... I wish i could go too......

Fateh!

palamrinder ji... i used to live in Krishna nagar and i used to go to Little Flower Convent School !!

i dont have much memories..becoz i was there frm grade 1 to grade 4 !

yeah i was small boy..lol!!

i remember.. it was arnd 1992 ..all the shops were used to be closed by 6 pm !!

there was not even a single hotel.... my house was very near to a big bus stop.