No One Seems To Care

ParwinderSingh

Wahe Guru Ji Ka Khalsa

Wahe guru Ji Ki Fateh

My veiw on Sikh Youth

I have noticed that the sikh youth can be catogrised into three main segments, there are those that want to preserve the faith and teach the youth and lead by example, then there are those that just hang along, attend the programs and lectures on sikhi and show their support but dont actually follow the advice, and there is the group that are aware of sikhi but dont want to do anything because they feel its not there job or just dont care.

Im not undermining the seva and effort the sikh youth put into sikh awareness, its priceless seva, the problem we have is that in the places where there is the majority of sikhs everything is taking shape. For example London, Birmingham, Leeds, Manchester etc but where there is not many sikhs nothing is being done because of lack of support. That is where we are losing the sikh youth and letting them stray from sikhi. places like newcastle, middlesborough, sunderland .......

The main reason why kids dont follow or know their Sikhi is because parents dont teach us, some done even know themselves because no one has taught them either. If these people arent helped then by the next generation they will surely be gone off track. The Gurudwaras Commitees have alot of power to do something, they are the best way to get kids to the gurudwara. But they do not seem to help ( this is not the case in all gurudwaras obv) or do not realise the importance, that todays youth is going to be leading sikhi tomorow.

Another thing which worries me is that people prioritise sikhi as last in their list. They put first their money , jobs, friends, family and then if i havent missed anything else sikhi.

Everything is due to lack education.