Sad News For The Usa Sangat.

sahib singh

Dont depend on ZEE (the Hindu Network).....launch ur own Panthic channel

acttually its muslim, zee is run by musalman from what i can remember.

actually not all hindus are out there to destroy sikhi, as hard as it sounds to believe,... look at the sewa they did on alpha etc punjabi.

lets see you try that!

yea, live coverage from a guru ghar somewhere, 24/7 katha

got the cash mate?

gustaphi maaf

As far as I know Zee is owned by Subhash Goel......he is known to be pro BJP

lol i like conservative di vichaars and their policies on immigration and crime, but it doesnt exactly make me a racist now does it?

(but now i also like labour now thanks to randeep singh...but i still like conservatives!)

some singhs support the BNP, infact pro and want all the illegals out (it was on ss news somewhere)

does that make him a racist?

isnt subash a muslim name? or am i thinking of shabaz?

my point is not all people that are pro certain parties are racist and want to exterminate a certain minority... i know its hard to believe...but its true!

its thanks to mr goel you have etc channel punjabi and keertan comes from there...how many have benefitted from that? even etc khalsa was made thanks to his blessing.

but actually etc is controlled by a singh (jaswant singh?) but his boss is mr goel.

how they have kirtan and a bit of explanation, BUT the focus remains on bhangra....and the tasteless stuff at that.

although vaisakhi is known for the khalsa sajna divas you have to remember people from many religions celebrate it

on this day buddha attained nirvana

plus the whole world is not sikh...hindus and muslims celebrate vaisakhi. its a day when they gather their hard earned crops and dance out of joy....because they are proud of what they have done and made.

also notice how etc punjabi has released a staement saying "we will make etc punjabi based on punjabi culture...we will have more music shows and comedy for the family... however we will have gurbani from 4-8...it will be on etc khalsa where kavi darbars, live katha and keertan will be said"

although etc khalsa is not out as yet you have to understand etc punjabi is a "punjabi" channel...sikhi is not related to "punjabi"...when we think of punjabi we think of culture.

hence for this reason etc chanel punjabi thinks more about culture than dharam...hence why they want to have "ETC Khalsa" which should come by the time we are 50 LOL.gif

but i do agree on such gurpurabs they should show extra things....and they did when it came to 400years of SGGS, and guru nanak dev jis gurpurab we saw keertan from bangla sahib (or was it rakab ganj?)

gustaphi maaf

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

• Topics

• I agree we're not born with sin like the Christians think. Also I agree we have effects of karma. But Gurbani does state that the body contains both sin and charity (goodness): ਕਾਇਆ ਅੰਦਰਿ ਪਾਪੁ ਪੁੰਨੁ ਦੁਇ ਭਾਈ ॥ Within the body are the two brothers sin and virtue. p126 Actually, we do need to be saved. Gurbani calls this "udhaar" (uplift). Without Satguru, souls are liable to spiritual death: ਜਿਨਾ ਸਤਿਗੁਰੁ ਪੁਰਖੁ ਨ ਭੇਟਿਓ ਸੇ ਭਾਗਹੀਣ ਵਸਿ ਕਾਲ ॥ p40 Those who have not met Satguru Purakh are unfortunate and liable to death. So, yeah, we do need to be saved, and Guru ji does the saving. The reason Satguru is the one to save is because God has given Satguru the "key" (kunji): ਸਤਿਗੁਰ ਹਥਿ ਕੁੰਜੀ ਹੋਰਤੁ ਦਰੁ ਖੁਲੈ ਨਾਹੀ ਗੁਰੁ ਪੂਰੈ ਭਾਗਿ ਮਿਲਾਵਣਿਆ ॥੭॥ In the True Guru's hand is the key. None else can open the door. By perfect good fortune the Guru is met. p124
    • That's unfortunate to hear. Could you give any more information? Who was this "baba"? He just disappeared with people's money? Obviously, you should donate your money to known institutions or poor people that you can verify the need of through friends and family in Punjab.
    • Sangat ji,  I know a family who went Sevewal to do seva sometimes end of 2019. They returned last year in great dismay and heart broken.  To repent for their mistakes they approached panj pyaare. The Panj gave them their punishment / order to how t make it up which, with Kirpa, they fulfilled.  They were listening to a fake Baba who, in the end, took all the "Donations " and fled sometime over a year ago. For nearly 4 years this family (who are great Gursikhs once u get to know them) wasted time and effort for this fake Baba. NOT ONLY this one fam. But many, many did worldwide and they took their fam to do seva, in village Sevewal, city Jaitho in Punjab. In the end many families lost money in thousands being behind this Baba. The family, on return, had to get in touch with all the participants and told them to stop.  I am stating this here to create awareness and we need to learn from whom we follow and believe. It's no easy but if we follow the 3 S (Sangat, Simran and Seva) we will be shown the light. As I am writing this the family in question have been doing the same since 2008 onwards and they fell for this Baba... it is unbelievable and shocking.  This am writing in a nutshell as am at work on my break so not lengthy but it deserves a great length.  Especially the family in question, who shed light on youngsters about Sikhi 20 plus years!! 
    • Giani Kulwant Singh Jawaddi Kalan uses simple Punjabi.
    • Leaving aside Guru ji, the general question of taking afeem (opium) in limited quantities for war/medical wounds is simply unproblematic. When you go to the hospital, they give you morphine. What do you think morphine is? It's an opiate. Even codeine (cough syrup) is an opiate! Ever had a cough? Granted, it is against Gurmat to take opium or other drugs for the fun of it.

Important Information

Terms of Use